Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH vs competitors - 2021 performance graph - page 2. (Read 304 times)

Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
January 14, 2021, 03:00:33 AM
~snip
With that said, I think this should be the least data that should be used for performance graph. As market cap can really be irrelevant as the numbers can be artificially inflated.

could you explain that better, how one can artificially inflate market capitalization, that would kill the token price?

The project itself can buy their own tokens, 80%-90% of them owning? Damn the price will be too high and we think that the project itself is that attractive to investors.

market capitalization is the product of token price and number of tokens in circulation, how you can inflate that without price influence, that is the main metrics for all coin lists and project rankings, and projects that have undefined schedule for token/coin release in circulation are certainly not worth of attention, since these can be manipulated easily, these have defined schedules in their whitepaper

As explain above, and you will see some alt coins that are new suddenly breaking into the top 25 as far as coinmarketcap. So the question is the price valuation can be a good gauge for the projects real usage in the crypto space if the projects can do that fraudulent practice? hype?
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
January 13, 2021, 09:19:27 PM
interesting view, but I do think that it is just opposite, one should look for market capitalization first, and then buy the coin, if the price does not make market capitalization too large, it is a simple economics

what you are saying is that token price rise would increase market capitalization, which is true, but in the end, market capitalization is the project worth, and if one thinks that capitalization is too high, that is the same as thinking that coin/token is overpriced or overvalued, and should be avoided for buy, I do not understand why do you think that it is misleading - in the end, total market capitalization is probably the most important factor when valuate project
When I am investigating one project before I decide my investment decisions, I do consider 3 things:
- Price of coin or token.
- Marketcap
- Developer activities

The first two things, I simply take a glance at them. With Marketcap, I look further to 3 componental things: Total supply, Circulating supply, and % of supply is minted, premined for developers or core teams and how many percent of it has been distributed to communities (through bounties, airdrops, promotions, etc.).

If I feel okay with supply things, I will look next at developer activities. If they are inactive for so long, I skip that project.
Altcoin season, scam altcoin projects will appear. Check their Githubs first

If I still feel okay with developer activities, no negative feeling, I will dig to find the price of coin or token at ICO, IEO event and maybe consider more things. Then, I will spend one or two days to keep calm, reconsider everything for my final decision.

Price of a coin or token is not overprice or underprice because of marketcap. It is not saying about pump and dump games.
Activity: 1010
Merit: 391
January 13, 2021, 09:05:28 PM
Through a daily and efficient application we can be sure that all the projects that we find on the graph are capable of exceeding the 10 billion market. I believe that each one can suppress an aspect that lacks efficiency and in general the sector that has been increasing the most in the last few years is the payments sector and all correspond to this segment.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1151
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
January 13, 2021, 09:56:22 AM
Marketcap is a tool to mislead people on the value of one project. It is more than true if you talk about marketcap of altcoin projects. They are copy cats, and have huge supplies (Mint or mine from the air). 40% or 50% rise can raise their marketcap a lot. And in the bull market, it is normal if you see 100% or 200% rises from altcoins.

The probability for people to get profit does not depend on project's marketcap.

interesting view, but I do think that it is just opposite, one should look for market capitalization first, and then buy the coin, if the price does not make market capitalization too large, it is a simple economics

what you are saying is that token price rise would increase market capitalization, which is true, but in the end, market capitalization is the project worth, and if one thinks that capitalization is too high, that is the same as thinking that coin/token is overpriced or overvalued, and should be avoided for buy, I do not understand why do you think that it is misleading - in the end, total market capitalization is probably the most important factor when valuate project
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
January 13, 2021, 09:05:05 AM
Marketcap is a tool to mislead people on the value of one project. It is more than true if you talk about marketcap of altcoin projects. They are copy cats, and have huge supplies (Mint or mine from the air). 40% or 50% rise can raise their marketcap a lot. And in the bull market, it is normal if you see 100% or 200% rises from altcoins.

The probability for people to get profit does not depend on project's marketcap.
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
January 13, 2021, 06:33:12 AM
IMHO, I believe that if Ethereum will not solve its monstrous fee problem it will create a negative effect on their side because many users are already disappointed with the current situation, It's on the top spot for now but it's not impossible to surpass by any of the following competitors because every time you do a transaction especially in sending tokens is already cost too much with a cost average of $10 dollars while on the Binance Smart Chain its just costs $0.06 cents Ethereum was slowly eaten by the greed. for me, Binance and Polkadot will have the potentials to dethrone Ethereum.  
legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
January 13, 2021, 06:13:01 AM
~snip
With that said, I think this should be the least data that should be used for performance graph. As market cap can really be irrelevant as the numbers can be artificially inflated.

could you explain that better, how one can artificially inflate market capitalization, that would kill the token price?

market capitalization is the product of token price and number of tokens in circulation, how you can inflate that without price influence, that is the main metrics for all coin lists and project rankings, and projects that have undefined schedule for token/coin release in circulation are certainly not worth of attention, since these can be manipulated easily, these have defined schedules in their whitepaper
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
January 13, 2021, 05:33:50 AM
Only thing worth to mention though is that the competition or at least the comparison is based on market cap which I think is a useless data to being with. I remember remember there was a lot of debate regarding the total supply of Ethereum itself, so we can't really base everything on that.

legendary
Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
January 13, 2021, 03:43:34 AM
here is a good graph that lists top platforms for smart contracts, their current market capitalization and performance in 2021 (not that long-term, but good to know)

Ethereum market capitalization is bigger than all the other combined, although that is not easy to see from the image

In 2021 alone, best performer is AVAX and worst performer is ZIL, with ETH performance in the upper middle from competition

we can see fourth ranges here, at the moment:
range 1 - above $100 billion - ETH
range 2 - between $10-100 billion - no projects
range 3 - between $5-10 billion - ADA, DOT, XLM, BNB
range 4 - between $1-5 billion - EOS, TRX, XTZ, NEO, VET, ATOM
range 5 - between $500 million - $1 billion - ZIL, AVAX, WAVES, EGLD

SOL is not on the list, because it is below $500 million market capitalization, and many other platforms

what do you think, which platform from these will change their range soon, or enter $500 million market capitalization range?
Pages:
Jump to: