Pages:
Author

Topic: ETH will reach $1500 this year Says Reddit Co-Founder - page 3. (Read 540 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
I checked the article and one sentence caught my eyes. The guy claims that by the end of this year BTC will be something like $20K whereas ETH around $15K.
To my mind this is highly unrealistic. Look at the current ratio ETH/BTC=0.078 What could happen for it to jump nearly 10 times and go to ETH/BTC=0.75?
Not much. Unrealistic to say the least.

I have to agree. It's impossible for ETH to reach $15k in 2018, heck we should even be glad if Bitcoin will reach $15k this year with a market that is right now.

In the crypto world the impossible word does not exist. They are not valid. Traditional rules of the markets Everything is possible.
Activity: 252
Also I think that eth will repeat Bitcoin's performance. After Casper there will be no limits can also exceed btc
Activity: 546
Merit: 4
Really? Wow that's great. I think if that happens it will greatly impact once on the state of the cryptocurrency world. Slowly the bitcoin will begin to get knocked out, and that is driving the price of another altcoin is ethereum. However, if indeed it will happen, it would still take a long time, it could be a few months even years. So still support and optimistic is that ethereum can reach its peak price. And also kuta the traders and investors, should act wisely in doing any transaction, so as not to negatively impact the price of other altcoin especially ethereum. thank you
Activity: 224
Merit: 19
$15,000! this is  not impossible but it has only a 0.01% to happen. 

Now i have read that this was just a typographical error and it should be $1,500 which is the more realistic speculation.

We may see this happening very near as the market is now reversing.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
I do not see realistic elements to think that a price of such magnitude could be reached by ethereum this year, and perhaps never. In fact, I remember that few months ago The Wall Street Journal dared to predict that ethereum would reach the price of $17,000 in 2020, but without presenting the bases of that calculation.

In addition, we must bear in mind that ethereum is facing increasingly tough competition from such competitive cryptocurrencies as NEO and EOS, which promise to dispute the leadership in the niche of smart contracts, which would gradually diminish the growth potential of ethereum.
Activity: 99
Merit: 0
Well, I just read this below from article cointelegragh article
"Update, May 7: Fortune has reported that Ohanian misspoke during the interview and meant to say that Ethereum will reach $1,500, not $15,000. This article has been corrected to reflect that."

While the correction is made, its very possible ETH will touch $1,500 this year end, the adoption is high and on the rise.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
all has the power to make speculations, like if Im not wrong the founder of ETH says that anytime crypto could go to zero and contrary to that this thread that the Co founder of Reddit says that ETH could reach 15k dollar this year so there are lots of speculations we dont know what is true.
Activity: 340
Merit: 10
all this may happen, but I think this year the $ 15,000 price is too high for the price of ethereum, maybe 2-3 years later the price will be more appropriate
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Maybe if the ETH mines are closed and POS becomes. But it is hard to be after these developments.
Activity: 140
They will probably be a potential coin and lead the Crypto market in the near future. So I still hope and hold ETH right now. I think we should not be afraid to hold on, believe in a bright future of ETH.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
really people are saying that is more likely to see btc at 1500$ than at 15k in 2018? you forget the fomo of december 2017? btc there gained more than 10k in just a month, in my opinion if btc crash down to 1500$ the whole crypto market will die for many years, with even more years to return to the actual level.
Activity: 994
Merit: 257
He is right about the value but wrong about the time. This year is a reach, he should've said in 3-5 years instead. 15k USD this year is nowhere realistic. I wish it goes up but I don't expect that kind of rally in 6 months.
Exactly, I know that ethereum is going to become a very valuable coin and it is not out of the question that he could reach that price, but to think we're going to see such a huge price it is simply illogical, also forgetting to reach that price that soon it will probably need to surpass bitcoin in market cap because if that is not the case the market cap of bitcoin will be massive.
Activity: 280
Merit: 170
I just read from an Article on Cointelegraph about this guys prediction of eth price, I just want to know what is your opinion with his prediction, this guy is very confident about the price prediction, read the full article here: https://cointelegraph.com/news/reddit-co-founder-says-ethereum-price-will-reach-15000-this-year
He's crazy or just wanted to appear in the newspapers. No adequate person will believe in such an assessment.
Activity: 980
Merit: 505
i have no idea how do they get these absurd numbers. 15k?! seems highly unlikely to me

He said it was an error during the interview, he wanted to say 1500$ instead of 15 000$, 15k is just too high and unrealistic for this year

1500 thats i can believe, 15k seems unrealistic in near future Cheesy hope to see btc 15k again Cheesy but not sure that it will happen in this year, but of course i have some hopes, like a lot of people too. market is growing for a month already, i guess soon should be correction.  Sad
Activity: 574
Merit: 259
Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system
i have no idea how do they get these absurd numbers. 15k?! seems highly unlikely to me

He said it was an error during the interview, he wanted to say 1500$ instead of 15 000$, 15k is just too high and unrealistic for this year
Activity: 28
Activity: 294
Merit: 13
I think that's much if Ethereum hit $15000 at the end of this year, but I supported this good news for better crypto future. Maybe, $5000 end of this year is more realistic. I hope the price movement is slow, so if there is any correction it's not deep.
Activity: 434
That's even possible within this quarter because bitcoin has almost reached 10,000$ now. I believe that the surge of bitcoin's price is real and that we are already in the bullish trend now as bitcoin's base price is already at 9,000$.
Activity: 434
Merit: 175
i dont think eth can reach that price this year but i am sure ETH will reach at least $5000 by the end of this year. base on market movement this market looked like last year market. and maybe we also will see BTC reach its new peak at arround $50k and whole market cap could be 2 trillion - 3 trillion dollar. the reason eth will goes very high is its hybrid technologies which probably makes eth hype and faster in transaction.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
Decentralized Digital Billboards
I don't doubt Ethereum will be higher and create new price history at the end of the year but I think he's too optimistic to say $ 15k this year
My speculation for Ethereum price is 4 - 5k and maybe $ 15K can be achieved in the next few years
Pages:
Jump to: