Pages:
Author

Topic: EtherDelta - Decentralized Token Exchange - page 38. (Read 40440 times)

Activity: 1589
Merit: 214
October 07, 2017, 05:33:58 PM
This stock exchange so lagging on my computers x86 and x64. Nothing displayed and waiting for updating information.
No positions, no rates. One message about position added to order book and that's all that can I see.
DEV, maybe will be better if you will use open source code (yunbi.com) for your stock exchange.
Activity: 243
Merit: 100
October 06, 2017, 12:02:43 PM
Is it better to work through Metamask or directly through their in-built wallet?
Security vs. time/lag, pros and cons? Are there any differences in transaction fees?

Experiences?

I do not use Metamask, though I'm thinking I will start to use it. I recently made a transaction that took 2 days to confirm because the default gas price without it is only 4 Gwei. You can set the gas price with Metamask, which should improve the speed of transactions.

You don't need to use metamask to control the gas price. The default gas is 8 and you can change it if you like. I am accessing my account using private key (without metamask) and I'm still able to change the gas price.

Unless you use Metamask, it doesn't matter what you set the gas price. I've changed the gas price, but all my transactions have defaulted to 4 Gwei and take forever.

I am not sure about metamask there so i won't comment on it, but the default gas is 8 Gwei since last few days.

https://twitter.com/etherdelta/status/914895861985013762
Activity: 217
October 06, 2017, 07:53:25 AM
Is it better to work through Metamask or directly through their in-built wallet?
Security vs. time/lag, pros and cons? Are there any differences in transaction fees?

Experiences?

I do not use Metamask, though I'm thinking I will start to use it. I recently made a transaction that took 2 days to confirm because the default gas price without it is only 4 Gwei. You can set the gas price with Metamask, which should improve the speed of transactions.

You don't need to use metamask to control the gas price. The default gas is 8 and you can change it if you like. I am accessing my account using private key (without metamask) and I'm still able to change the gas price.

Unless you use Metamask, it doesn't matter what you set the gas price. I've changed the gas price, but all my transactions have defaulted to 4 Gwei and take forever.
Activity: 448
Merit: 265
October 06, 2017, 07:50:43 AM
etherdelta cant even load their page when I change my connection ? are I need to stick in 1 place and 1 connection to being able trade in etherdelta ? now I cant access my token there
Activity: 392
Merit: 110
October 06, 2017, 07:32:40 AM
Every transaction fails, but i have to pay the gas, very bad site!
October 06, 2017, 03:05:51 AM

Experiences?

October 05, 2017, 11:39:01 AM

Experiences?

Activity: 322
Merit: 141
October 05, 2017, 09:46:17 AM

Experiences?
October 05, 2017, 08:00:10 AM
eth network is bloated as hell these days, to top the fact that etherdelta lacks basic trading facilities. hope a real exchange on the eth blockchain will launch soon

The word "bloated" is so misused here ,in fact people misuse it always.

The correct term would be overloaded.

Bloated refers to the code, sort of meaning innefficiency, which ETH is actually. It is badly coded so it's slower compared to other concepts like EOS. But the block size is problematic too.

There was a statistic showing that ED transactions are actually filling up the ETH blocks with an about 50% ratio. That is impressive, ED requires a lot of volume then.

Is it absolutely necessary for a decentralised exchange to execute all trades through the blockchain? Or is it something how ED has preferred to do it? I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know, I'm just curious.

There aren't too many other ways to do it. NVO had an ICO a while ago to create a decentralized exchange that uses the Maid Safe network and multisignature transactions. The lightning network and atomic swaps will probably help in decentralization as well. I'm no expert either, but using the blockchain seems to be the best option right now.

They could add a microwallet service, but that would introduce centralization and custodianship, which further complicates the matters even legally.

It is my opinion that all transactions should be on the blockchain, that is why I am not a big fan of Segwit and all this LN hype, it's basically a centralized middlemen.

ETH can damn well raise it's block size or block capacity whatever it's called, it hardforked in the past too, so what is the big deal, they are not purists anyway.

Thank you guys for your replies, it makes sense. I guess a bloated blockchain is the price we pay for having a decentralised exchange at this point.
But it's better than having centralised exchanges that we can't trust with big money. You never know when they'll be GOXed (or Cryptsy-ed | Polo-ed for that matter)
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
October 04, 2017, 03:18:24 PM
eth network is bloated as hell these days, to top the fact that etherdelta lacks basic trading facilities. hope a real exchange on the eth blockchain will launch soon

Bloated refers to the code, sort of meaning innefficiency, which ETH is actually. It is badly coded so it's slower compared to other concepts like EOS. But the block size is problematic too.

There was a statistic showing that ED transactions are actually filling up the ETH blocks with an about 50% ratio. That is impressive, ED requires a lot of volume then.

Is it absolutely necessary for a decentralised exchange to execute all trades through the blockchain? Or is it something how ED has preferred to do it? I'm not a developer so I wouldn't know, I'm just curious.

They could add a microwallet service, but that would introduce centralization and custodianship, which further complicates the matters even legally.

It is my opinion that all transactions should be on the blockchain, that is why I am not a big fan of Segwit and all this LN hype, it's basically a centralized middlemen.

ETH can damn well raise it's block size or block capacity whatever it's called, it hardforked in the past too, so what is the big deal, they are not purists anyway.
Activity: 167
Merit: 10
October 04, 2017, 01:37:27 PM
Trying for the first time.

I just deposit some eth from metamask to test it and more than 30 minutes and transaction still pending,.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
October 04, 2017, 11:56:44 AM
One of the best and most favourite exchange places for me Smiley
Thank you so much!!
October 03, 2017, 11:45:51 AM

There aren't too many other ways to do it. NVO had an ICO a while ago to create a decentralized exchange that uses the Maid Safe network and multisignature transactions. The lightning network and atomic swaps will probably help in decentralization as well. I'm no expert either, but using the blockchain seems to be the best option right now.

How to adjust the amount of gass, I hear every coin has different gass?
please explain, thank you !!

Read this regarding gas price:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherDelta/comments/6hrvwl/how_fees_work/
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
October 03, 2017, 08:08:25 AM
How to adjust the amount of gass, I hear every coin has different gass?
please explain, thank you !!
October 03, 2017, 05:36:18 AM

Activity: 560
October 03, 2017, 01:45:52 AM
Etherdelta have many transaction each day.This is why i sold my trueflip in 2 days.
Activity: 728
Merit: 139
October 02, 2017, 06:22:23 PM
One thing thats keep bugging me out is not having some system that prevents you from sending all ETH from wallet to EtherDelta.

Sometimes I send more ETH than I'm suposed and then I can't do anything!! Can't buy, can't return ETH to wallet. Because I don't have enough to cover gas.

Some system that allert tah you will not have enough ETH for gas for the next operation.
Or use the ETH in EtherDelta to pay for gas!
Activity: 1792
Merit: 293
👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc
October 02, 2017, 11:56:03 AM
my deposit and my order didn't execute, still pending and resetting by network, why?
Activity: 798
October 02, 2017, 11:20:07 AM
The trading platform with a good design but it seems a bit difficult to use, hopefully after a while the user interface will be better.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
October 02, 2017, 09:17:46 AM

Pages:
Jump to: