Pages:
Author

Topic: Etherdelta was HACKED - page 3. (Read 522 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 500
December 21, 2017, 10:31:22 AM
Sad with what happened to etherdelta hopefully this problem is quickly over and no one is harmed by this problem
Activity: 618
Merit: 100
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
December 21, 2017, 10:25:55 AM
I can not get into etherdelta all day. I still have 5 eth and quite a lot of token in the myetherwallet wallet so safe? Hopefully etherdelta will fix it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
December 21, 2017, 10:25:35 AM
I heard that if i've worked with Etherdelta with metamask plug-in, i'm nothing to worry about. Is it true, and how metamask protected my private keys?
Activity: 350
Merit: 30
December 21, 2017, 10:13:46 AM
in the EtherDelta telegram chat there are people who say that MyEtherWallets were emptied, apparantly they are some yotube videos of affected users. Not sure it's correct or just FUD, I could not find anything related to that yet. Still a good advice to move your tokens to another wallet that has not been imported to ED in recent days.

Maybe they were hacked its because they visit the site even if there was a warning of unsafe site. But right now etherdelta is back.
Activity: 427
Merit: 100
December 21, 2017, 10:10:37 AM
Well, it had issues on operations and withdrawals, this was an announcement which one can expect afterwards.
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
December 21, 2017, 10:01:41 AM
in the EtherDelta telegram chat there are people who say that MyEtherWallets were emptied, apparantly they are some yotube videos of affected users. Not sure it's correct or just FUD, I could not find anything related to that yet. Still a good advice to move your tokens to another wallet that has not been imported to ED in recent days.

I spend last 3 hours moving all my Tokens from EtherDelta Smart Contract to Wallet and then from Wallet to Private wallet never used with ED or anywhere else. It's a bit my fault I should transfer Tokens after purchase not stack them on the pile with 2 different EtherDelta accounts. All together was nearly 4 ETH to move around in 6 different Tokens, but lucky me I didn't lose a single coin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 112
Ecosystem for Fundraising DAOs — ICOs 2.0
December 21, 2017, 08:29:54 AM
Activity: 490
December 21, 2017, 06:56:57 AM
Yes, for now, EtherDelta is under investigation, it was DNS hack. For anyone who has left Tokens on EtherDelta Exchange Smart Contract (didn't transfer to wallet) I post list to YouTube how to withdraw Tokens from smart contract to wallet without using EtherDelta website: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slru097RrfM&feature=youtu.be
If you been using ED in last 24h clear your DNS cache:
1. Open CMD with administrator privileges  (Run as administrator)
2. Type: ipconfig /flushdns
3. Restart Windows and Router
Activity: 952
December 21, 2017, 06:19:26 AM
How will I know if my private keys are not stolen. I just login yesterday to sell a coin.  Are there any reports of stolen tokens from Etherdelta users?  This is so scary.  They are hacking the dns of cloudflare to manipulate etherdelta.

Yes I had the issue either.

I actually assumed it was my browser that had some exploit installed. But after clearing cookies, DNS, etc, it was still going to that site.

If you read their twitter they are confirming

https://twitter.com/etherdelta

However what doesn't make sense is why would they hack their DNS and not send to a phishing site instead of showing those ads, doesn't make sense.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
December 21, 2017, 05:57:46 AM

Yes I had the issue either.

I actually assumed it was my browser that had some exploit installed. But after clearing cookies, DNS, etc, it was still going to that site.

If you read their twitter they are confirming

https://twitter.com/etherdelta

However what doesn't make sense is why would they hack their DNS and not send to a phishing site instead of showing those ads, doesn't make sense.
Pages:
Jump to: