Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum as a store of value coin. - page 3. (Read 415 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
June 29, 2018, 02:41:10 AM
If Ethereum is a utility platform and the value of its coin rises, how can it continue to be used as a utility when its used as a store of value?
Most people that buy Ethereum aren't using it, they're trading.
You can try to create an asset use ethereum, There are some people are using ethereum to playing the dapps game in the platform. So, have you ever seen the bitcoin will be used or offer the utility usage to the token holders? Crypto is about a speculation and then i think that it looks very similar.

I don't quite follow. Maybe I can clarify, please bare with me as I start from what we can agree on--
Bitcoin is a store of value. People use Maslow's Hierarchy to justify the tulip bubble theory, which is fine, it is speculative and the users drive the price. But Bitcoin doesn't have smart contracts, no? And it was meant as for peer-to-peer transactions, but with no utility other than that I believe.

Ethereum on the otherhand is a utility platform and meant to build DAPPs, people use Solidity to build with Ethereum. So it has a use. So I suppose my point would be I find it kind of backwards when a utility coin is treated as a store of value, it defeats the purpose a tad and slows down innovation. And yes, most ICOs create utility coins as a store of value, but I'm trying to find the value of that concept is what I'm driving at. If there was a fixed/ stable value for Ethereum or any platform can that be more beneficial?
Activity: 1458
Merit: 509
June 29, 2018, 02:02:38 AM
If Ethereum is a utility platform and the value of its coin rises, how can it continue to be used as a utility when its used as a store of value?
You can try to create an asset use ethereum, There are some people are using ethereum to playing the dapps game in the platform. So, have you ever seen the bitcoin will be used or offer the utility usage to the token holders? Crypto is about a speculation and then i think that it looks very similar.
Activity: 770
Merit: 102
Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract
June 29, 2018, 01:59:32 AM
What you say about Ethereum applys to all other coins to an even greater degree. 94% of the ICO's conducted in the last year were done on the Ethereum Platform. Of all the coins it has a stronger case of real world use than any other Coin, even Bitcoin. A lot of other coins claim to be technically better but none of them have a proven use case better than Ethereum. Ethereum remains the base currency for all those that invest in the development of Blockchain.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 355
June 29, 2018, 01:55:57 AM

Any cryptocurrency or token can be used as a store of value and utility token at the same time, actually. And in a normal market, there will always be differences on how we are using cryptocurrency. The reality is that in today's cryptocurrency dynamics, people are more often than not using cryptocurrency as a store of value or as a tool of investment rather than the other way around. There is the question if cryptocurrency can be more valuable and can have greater market if they are used in our everyday lives and I think that this can be true and for that to happen there must be a good and reliable infrastructure that anyone can use. Anyway, the cryptocurrency story is still relatively young and it is actually just developing soon a time when come when it can be more mature a different picture can then be emerging as to its use and function.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
June 29, 2018, 01:45:01 AM
Pages:
Jump to: