Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Developer arrested in US for teaching North Korea how to launder money - page 2. (Read 197 times)

Activity: 1582
Merit: 281
Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!
when I first read the article, Virgil Griffith seemed to be right because he only attended conferences and explained the use of bitcoin-blockchain on a global scale.

But after reading the prosecution's indictment, it is true that they included the indictment as a conspirator / facilitator. he should have understood and been careful from the start that it would enter a tight geo-political space of sovereignty, and would face serious risks.
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288
..., then he goes to the US despite the warning that he will likely be arrested.

When I googled him it says he is from Alabama. That was USA last time I checked. He spent most of his life there, but not the recent years?

How stupid is this guy? What is wrong with him? If that is what the truth accuses him of, I hope that he will be given a maximum prison term of strict. How much money did he earn from this and why did he do it?

He paid $3300 to enrol on the conference. You can attend this year, but you are a bit to late, all available places are already taken: https://korea-dpr.info/dprk-blockchain-conference-2019.htmlv
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
Can I say careless or he push his luck to far, I have read one or two thread on this issue and was I saw was that he seem fascinated about North Korea which to me is crazy. He is one of those guy that found money and freedom and think they are free so they can do anything they love to.
Activity: 353
Merit: 108
How stupid is this guy? What is wrong with him? If that is what the truth accuses him of, I hope that he will be given a maximum prison term of strict. How much money did he earn from this and why did he do it?
Activity: 1106
Merit: 503
BabelFish - FISH Token Sale at Sovryn
Ethereum research scientist Virgil Griffith allegedly went all the way to Pyongyang to teach North Korean scientist and hackers how to launder and receive money that they earn by ransoming and hacking around the world. He taught them how to effectively use Ethereum without being found.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-authorities-arrest-ethereum-research-200109230.html

wow, what else to say? good for him.  People like tht give crypto a bad name, he deserves what he gets for a sentence imo
i was talking to a guy a few days ago that was complaining he works too hard makes too little, even tho hes a professional
but when i mentioned taking back his financial freedom with Bitcoin he right away thought i mean't "tax evasion".  so sad.  let him slave i guess
People need crypto, but people that make it associated with crime can just fuk off haha, we have tried too hard to show BTC is just a tool, how its used is up to humans

Felt that "tax evasion" argument allot of time. One guy even suggested me back that "Dont cheat the government, bro"  Roll Eyes  I didnt know what to tell him.

I feel the guy deserves the sentence which will given to him. Even after knowing what North Korean Regime do to people, he thought he will be rich by doing this. I dont know what these people think of themselves. End result is bad publicity for crypto.
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
Ethereum research scientist Virgil Griffith allegedly went all the way to Pyongyang to teach North Korean scientist and hackers how to launder and receive money that they earn by ransoming and hacking around the world. He taught them how to effectively use Ethereum without being found.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-authorities-arrest-ethereum-research-200109230.html

wow, what else to say? good for him.  People like tht give crypto a bad name, he deserves what he gets for a sentence imo
i was talking to a guy a few days ago that was complaining he works too hard makes too little, even tho hes a professional
but when i mentioned taking back his financial freedom with Bitcoin he right away thought i mean't "tax evasion".  so sad.  let him slave i guess
People need crypto, but people that make it associated with crime can just fuk off haha, we have tried too hard to show BTC is just a tool, how its used is up to humans
legendary
Activity: 2954
Merit: 2145
How stupid this guy can be? First he publicly goes to visit a hostile country with intention of providing them aid, then he goes to the US despite the warning that he will likely be arrested. Maybe he thinks he can use blockchain technology to avoid centralized prisons, lol?

And good luck to North Korea trying to bypass sanctions with crypto - they will need it, because chain analysis is really powerful and can deanonymize large coin movements, so just because you can buy weed and not get caught, doesn't mean the same applies to whole countries.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1069
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

Pages:
Jump to: