Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum fees are crazy... - page 6. (Read 1197 times)

Activity: 2338
Merit: 365
September 19, 2020, 05:47:31 AM
Ethereum's gas fee increase occurred because of HYPE on DeFi...
but of course, the fee changes continuously and fluctuates. Currently the gas price is around $ 0.89 [low], $ 1.09 [medium] and $ 1.31 [high].
Activity: 119
Merit: 6
September 19, 2020, 05:47:20 AM
These fees are here to stay and we coudn't do anything about it, unfortunately. When defi hype will ends or when eth 2.0 will be released fees will normalize

I don
t think the DeFi hype will not stop and it will continue because there's already a market for DeFi it will continue until the developers of Ethereum come up with a fix on their network but for now we just have to look for alternatives like Tron other coins like Litecoin or Doge, these coins are my alternatives.
Activity: 1750
Merit: 118
September 19, 2020, 05:20:20 AM
Sorry if this not the proper place to post this and sorry if i feel little mad about it, but ALMOST all wallets ask for crazy ETH fees that are hard to cover, any hope that in  a near future can be lowered?...
For the fees that are currently occurring on the ETH platform are indeed very expensive and there are some people who say that this is due to the unfinished development of ETH 2.0 which makes the existing gwei on the ERC20 smart contrac unstable and tends to be very expensive, meaning we can conclude that after ETH 2.0 is successfully developed, the gwei on the ETH platform will decline and be stable as we have seen in the past.

thats possible . development of the current project can sometimes affect its performance , i experience that before mostly on the websites and on the applications but not on the crypto coins  but who knows ? maybe this is the first time  , add in the eth value and the new alts/tokens that can also be used as a lead to the outrageous fees going on eth .

i have an idea , what if platforms offers a cashback for every eth related transactions . in that way we can reduced the expensive fee that we are using  .
Activity: 1190
Merit: 251
September 19, 2020, 04:57:58 AM
Sorry if this not the proper place to post this and sorry if i feel little mad about it, but ALMOST all wallets ask for crazy ETH fees that are hard to cover, any hope that in  a near future can be lowered?...
For the fees that are currently occurring on the ETH platform are indeed very expensive and there are some people who say that this is due to the unfinished development of ETH 2.0 which makes the existing gwei on the ERC20 smart contrac unstable and tends to be very expensive, meaning we can conclude that after ETH 2.0 is successfully developed, the gwei on the ETH platform will decline and be stable as we have seen in the past.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 10
September 19, 2020, 04:35:08 AM
with different choice as trader works on customs with the crypto finance banking, there must be shifts with distance on comparison as trader might have with distinctive on personal qualification as appeals with uses of 1 or more on reference as defining one of decision.
Activity: 632
Merit: 250
http://scientificcoin.com/
September 19, 2020, 04:29:25 AM
These fees are here to stay and we coudn't do anything about it, unfortunately. When defi hype will ends or when eth 2.0 will be released fees will normalize
Activity: 1218
Merit: 557
September 19, 2020, 04:24:55 AM
many users of the ethereum platform have complained about this unreasonable cost of GAS, I think long when transacting using the etehreum platform
didn't know this problem would end for example this problem persists, I am afraid that many will leave the ethereum platform, including me

If this way the fees continues to be high only then quite a lot of people will refrain from using ETH and may switch to another altcoin and this would not mean anything good to ETH. For a certain time, it was fine but just continuing this for long worries me more as the demand may fall and this will lead to drop in price as well.
Activity: 1260
Merit: 103
September 19, 2020, 04:18:46 AM
many users of the ethereum platform have complained about this unreasonable cost of GAS, I think long when transacting using the etehreum platform
didn't know this problem would end for example this problem persists, I am afraid that many will leave the ethereum platform, including me
Activity: 1442
Merit: 775
September 19, 2020, 04:04:35 AM
ETH/ERC20 - Check and select good Gas price
[GAS Price Aggregator] How to find the optimal gas price

Fee is falling as shown by:
https://ethgasstation.info/calculatorTxV.php
https://etherscan.io/gastracker

It is lower (4 times than one week ago). If you are in hurry to sell your tokens (fear of its fall in short time), or buy potential tokens, you can accept high fees. I don't go with high fee.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 11
September 19, 2020, 03:46:41 AM
The gas price is increasing rapidly it has became a nightmare for me and probably many of us hopefully it won't be so long anyways I am desperately waiting for eth 2.0 and expecting that after the network upgrade we won't face these kind of high gas fee problems anymore but for now we have to deal with the situations.
Activity: 2814
Merit: 526
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
September 19, 2020, 02:44:37 AM
It's because the DeFi hype, also because of the UNI airdrop and Yearn Finance which really blowing up right now that makes the eth fee is going wild. I mean, we had this kind of situation in 2017 but instead it's both Bitcoin and Ethereum who had the craziest fees all the time. This hype would continue in next few months so prepare yourself.
Activity: 1218
Merit: 500
BintexFutures
September 19, 2020, 02:43:54 AM
Ethereum fees are going through the roof all thanks to the Uniswap's airdrop right now would be the best time to start mining ETH I think because I read in some article that miners made $5M in just an hour.
Activity: 28
Merit: 1
September 19, 2020, 02:39:40 AM
Someone knows if with ETH 2.0 this fee problem will be solved?
Activity: 896
Merit: 198
September 19, 2020, 02:36:27 AM
Sorry if this not the proper place to post this and sorry if i feel little mad about it, but ALMOST all wallets ask for crazy ETH fees that are hard to cover, any hope that in  a near future can be lowered?...

Yes it can be lowered again someday but no body can answer when, its always depend on the situation . as long as ETH is still congested  the fee asked is always higher it also depend on the upcoming ETH 2.0 if there are plan to upgrade the system so it will have lower cost and fast transaction.

This is not new it happen already way back 2017 when there is hype with a game called crypto kitty we are also experiencing  the same problem in transaction .
Activity: 518
Merit: 256
Living the truth....
September 19, 2020, 02:33:36 AM
Yesterday I wanted to convert around 1800 Lina token to Ethereum through uniswap and the swap fee on uni swap was about 0.1 ETh  Huh

I really avoid using uniswap , the fee of swapping in it is too hight , that is why I sent to some CEX and changed it there to Ethereum .
copper member
Activity: 1106
Merit: 0
September 19, 2020, 01:40:03 AM
At present there are too many transactions in ETH wallet which is very sad for us. We are facing many problems in our transaction due to extra fees. I still have a few coins pending due to additional transaction fees. Which is why I think I have suffered a lot of losses. So I want an ETH transaction to be free as before.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
September 19, 2020, 01:18:07 AM
And i don't know why this fee very high right know. Maybe anyone can explain me ?

Gas prices increase when the network gets really busy. In a sense, high gas means ETH is doing well. It's certainly better than no-one using the network. The reason the network is busy is a DeFi frenzy - everyone wants in.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
September 19, 2020, 01:00:06 AM
Haven't been in Ethereum lately since i'm on a hold. We are now seeing the effects of the DeFi hype well not quite sure how high will it get if i remember this is not the only time the transaction of Ethereum went crazy let's just wait for some time and let's see if this will continue to increase because of the hype or will be back to normal again.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
September 19, 2020, 12:45:05 AM
IIRC, it had been 3 weeks or more.
It will come back to normal. It should be.

The traffic is causing a lot of trouble thanks to DeFi.
Some buyers want a cheaper tx fee but the problem is it will be stuck there.
This always happen when something is being hyped. Same thing happened back with ICO days.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
September 18, 2020, 11:57:41 PM
Right now the fees are pretty much back to normal according to,

https://etherscan.io/gastracker

You can do a ~100 Gwei ($1 per transaction) which will confirm within 10 minutes or so. However I know that earlier this week this figure was up to like $7-8 per transaction. Generally whenever there is some craze like the UTI token distribution the fees will always be very high. My advice is just to wait it out unless its an emergency, just send it anyways and when the fees lower it should confirm.

This isn't the first time this happened. Last month we had this issue with the DeFI transactions before the Sushi blowup and even last year or so with the CryptoKitties or whatever it was called. Hence this is why scaling is very important for ETH and BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: