Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Mining Now Close to Unprofitable, so what is best thing to do now? - page 3. (Read 1838 times)

legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 6089
bitcoindata.science
Nobody knows the future of ethereum. May be 1500 again or 10.

If you are over invested, you should sell until you feel good with what you have and do not stees about the price
Activity: 476
Merit: 107
What is the best thing to do now?
The best thing to do now is to hold that ETH stash of yours unless you see the price of it still being profitable for you. As for your mining equipment, put it into better use by mining other profitable coins that can be mined now. Since you are a miner, you should know what coins are profitable to mine now. If you can't find one, only by then you will turn off your equipment to save money from electricity.
Activity: 392
Merit: 66
When you can buy more Ethereum with your electric money than you can mine then it's time to turn off the equipment.
I agree with this, just go and buy some Ethers. In the meantime use your GPUs in some other way. There are ways to put them to good use like ray tracing for design studios. Or you can even sell the GPUs and save the money to buy new hardware once mining gets profitable again.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
I know that it is very stressful to see our portfolio going down but this situation where ether is on the downtrend we have to wait and hold on to our portfolio and see what is going to happen with ether in the weeks to come. I know that no one can precisely predict the future but for me ether will bounce back.
Activity: 220
Merit: 2
Sometimes turning the equipment off and waiting for better opportunities is the best bet.  When you can buy more Ethereum with your electric money than you can mine then it's time to turn off the equipment.  I have actually stopped mining altogether as it's impossible to compete with the zero electricity miners.
Activity: 79
Merit: 3
If it came close to unprofitable some miners will stop mining and difficulty will decrease and will become profitable again.
The difficulty mechanism works in the two ways when the price goes up and when the price goes down.

There is an interesting guide about how to mine Ethereum here https://7bitcoins.com/how-to-mine-ethereum-eth-mining-beginners-guide/
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
FIRST SELF-SUSTAINING CRYPTO INFRASTRUCTURE
Ethereum has fallen below $200, reaching a recent low of $185 this morning at around 4 AM London time on reduced volumes of $1.6 billion during the past 24 hours

An ethereum miner said late last month that it costs $152 in electricity bills to mine one eth. That’s just $30 above ethereum’s recent low of $185 today, with the cost of $152 being just for electricity.
source: https://www.trustnodes.com/2018/09/09/ethereum-mining-now-close-to-unprofitable
i have most of my investments on ETH and now the $ vaue of those investments going down rapidly. What is the best thing to do now?

Pages:
Jump to: