Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum mining reward shrinking - page 2. (Read 582 times)

legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
February 27, 2021, 11:39:20 AM

eth pays .1024 an mh.

so a 5700xt makes 50 x .1024 = $5.12  a day

it burns 3.1 k-watts a day or 62 cents at 20 cents a kwatt

thus it makes 5.12-.62 = $4.50 a day

in 100 days it is 450 dollars back.

the 5700xt was under 400 usd in the fall.

The issue is not what the op is writing

The issue is the card now sells on ebay for

as high as 1300

https://www.ebay.com/itm/XFX-Thicc-III-Ultra-AMD-Radeon-RX-5700-XT-8GB-And-razer-x-chroma-External-eGPU/124558462186?

I offered this same model card NIB for sale here on BitcoinTalk

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/i-have-a-5700xt-coming-next-week-new-in-box-feelers-for-selling-it-5308136

1 person asked about it no one offered  me a deal.

I have mined it from Jan 17 to Feb 27. that is 41 days I made back  180 dollars since I decided to mine with it.

I can list it for 1000 on ebay and sell it overnight.
I can offer it here for whatever and it will sell more quickly.
But I reached the point that selling on BTC means the buyers want bargains. But I don't worry about ebay fraud.
or ebay over pays me  and I deal with a chance fraud as long as 6 months.

Or I mine on and rack up coins.

Money vs ETH vs BTC vs fees and how viabtc pays out.  212% today that is .105 usd

this rally started in July and it was 0.0095 usd. it peaked at .1363 usd an mh

so

0.0095 July 2020
0.1363 peak
0.1050 today

if at 0.0400 a 5700xt makes 2 usd - 60 cents = 1.40 a day

a long way to go before we get there.  and it is still okay if we do go that low.
Activity: 574
Merit: 18
Making Smart Money Work
February 27, 2021, 11:14:21 AM
The funny part is there are some success stories about miners that never stopped mining since bear market began in 2018, they mined some ethereum and hold till ethereum turn 1000+, aren't they the real winners here? Some said they spend more on electricity but isn't that for those who sold their ETH in bear market?
Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
February 27, 2021, 11:11:01 AM
You shouldn't be building any mining rigs if you aren't fully ready for the both sides, it's assured that ethereum won't be profitable forever that's why it's always smart to build rigs before bull starts but still if you are already in this mess there isn't any reason to be panic, who says that the bullrun is over anyways? Keep mining and let's see what's coming

You see that is what you trolls fail to understand, if you know a bullrun will start then buy coins, not gpus, gpus will never give you 10 to 100x return.

Yeah it used to be 4-5$ per rig Smiley (180mhs) people saw 1 3060 making 8$ they run to store and empty, all scalpers now happy also nvidia also happy sayin woooow we did again.

Exactly, not joking, i see shops where I live pricing a 3060ti at 1500 usd and they are selling them as fast as they get, insanity, even the non ti 3060 are sold for 1200 usd now, anyway, I know where this will end, and will not be pretty.
What are trolls? Humans like you? This makes you a troll too, anyways we have different reasons why we build mining rigs, I personally build one for monthly income of which the money is going to a funding project ( not crypto project ), also I'm mining with the sun so even if a card gives 1$ only it won't stop me from mining
No one is trying to stop you mining pal.
Activity: 182
Merit: 14
February 27, 2021, 09:50:16 AM
You shouldn't be building any mining rigs if you aren't fully ready for the both sides, it's assured that ethereum won't be profitable forever that's why it's always smart to build rigs before bull starts but still if you are already in this mess there isn't any reason to be panic, who says that the bullrun is over anyways? Keep mining and let's see what's coming

You see that is what you trolls fail to understand, if you know a bullrun will start then buy coins, not gpus, gpus will never give you 10 to 100x return.

Yeah it used to be 4-5$ per rig Smiley (180mhs) people saw 1 3060 making 8$ they run to store and empty, all scalpers now happy also nvidia also happy sayin woooow we did again.

Exactly, not joking, i see shops where I live pricing a 3060ti at 1500 usd and they are selling them as fast as they get, insanity, even the non ti 3060 are sold for 1200 usd now, anyway, I know where this will end, and will not be pretty.
What are trolls? Humans like you? This makes you a troll too, anyways we have different reasons why we build mining rigs, I personally build one for monthly income of which the money is going to a funding project ( not crypto project ), also I'm mining with the sun so even if a card gives 1$ only it won't stop me from mining
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1429
Payment Gateway Allows Recurring Payments
February 27, 2021, 08:20:41 AM
Currently the reward per block is 2 ETH + fees, and as you can see here the fees are representing 50% or more in the reward:
https://etherscan.io/blocks

Fees remain very high, but the hashrate continues to rise at a speed never seen before:

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
February 27, 2021, 05:13:36 AM

Activity: 1200
Merit: 26
February 27, 2021, 05:08:34 AM
This is going to get worse and worse, you trolls only saw the good side of the pump, now seeing the dump effect. Imagine your profits crash 95% in days? you were making 100 usd per day and now you are making only 5 usd per day eheh and now you realise you were scammed when you bought that 3060ti for 1300 usd(this is the going on price of it right now) hehe
Activity: 462
Merit: 19
February 27, 2021, 04:50:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002
February 27, 2021, 03:56:12 AM
Mining reward is reducing and bitcoin is back at 47k for now, what do you think is going on? Why is reward going down?
that depend on how happen in eth network, if less transaction = less reward + eth price down 25%, and we're going further lower in next days as bitcoinð price shinking

just hoping for another panic seller on token, the fees will raise the rewards for miner
Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
February 27, 2021, 03:45:31 AM
This is going to get worse and worse, you trolls only saw the good side of the pump, now seeing the dump effect. Imagine your profits crash 95% in days? you were making 100 usd per day and now you are making only 5 usd per day eheh and now you realise you were scammed when you bought that 3060ti for 1300 usd(this is the going on price of it right now) hehe
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
February 27, 2021, 03:30:24 AM
Mining reward is reducing and bitcoin is back at 47k for now, what do you think is going on? Why is reward going down?

Are you mining ETH? You do realise that your payout is related to the block reward plus the transaction fees. Earlier in the week when ETH started to crash there was 500-600 Gwei in gas fees. Now its less than 100 Gwei. So right now its about 1/6th of what it was at the peak. So your miner rewards can be like 1/3 of what it was before.

The regular block reward is always constant but the transaction miner fees are dynamic. When there is great demand for ETH and making transaction the fees go up. However if ETH trades sideways for the next few months, people will make less transactions and fees will be cheaper.

Then there is the price of ETH itself. When ETH falls your overal profit in USD falls also since the underlying price is also lower.
Activity: 368
Merit: 15
February 27, 2021, 01:32:38 AM
Pages:
Jump to: