Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum Never Designed for Scalability - page 3. (Read 419 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 10
October 02, 2019, 07:09:11 PM
If scalability was not part of it at the initial stage, can't it then be worked out? I gave always believed that a modification, upgrade or amendment can be done to it.
If both of them are coming out to say this, good they admitted it. They are the designers and the developers behind it. They know every details of, so something should be done.
Activity: 1428
Merit: 344
October 02, 2019, 06:34:10 PM
Firstly, I'll like to say this is a savage finding, what many people didn't imagine. I checked out that short video and was amazed that what's on this post is legit. Well, ethereum is somewhat scalable although lags to an extent. Maybe initially vitalik and his team didn't foresee that many projects will harness Eth blockchain. That aside, I hope to see an upgrade that brings in improved scalability for ETH in future.  
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
October 02, 2019, 06:32:07 PM
well, recently i read some article,and then, i am quite surprised about it. because Vitalik Buterin and Joesph Lubin says ethereum blockchain was never designed for scalability.
firstly i think, it's just ridiculous statement. but well, since we know exactly what happened on ethreum blockchain, i guess that statement have some true point.
they maybe never think before, ethereum will have tremendous popularity in the crypto industry.
oh yeah , this their statement.

well, any thoughts ?

ethereum growing so fast, and maybe vitalik didn't predicted that my friend
thats why a lot of issue on ethereum network
but, i still believe on ethereum, because when ETH 2.0 born, it will bring a lot of change on ethereum network buddy

indeed, but after i see this ,"Youre saying the concept of launching something that doesn't scale then rebuilding it as something thats scalable was part of initial the plan",
then lubin just say : "We knew it wasn't going to be scalable for sure" , and what point i get (maybe its wrong) scalability seems be ETH problem for eternity.
so i just think, ETH 2.0 still have no scalability inside.
clearly disappointing, considering they discussed scalability in their documents.

source image
Activity: 1876
Merit: 512
October 02, 2019, 06:28:41 PM
I think Ethereum developers should be moving from one court case to another, what was promised investors was that this would scale but what I see is that they also were overwhelmed by the success of their platform and the rate of utilization of their platform for ICOs which makes it to draw more scrutiny.
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
October 02, 2019, 06:12:49 PM
well, recently i read some article,and then, i am quite surprised about it. because Vitalik Buterin and Joesph Lubin says ethereum blockchain was never designed for scalability.
firstly i think, it's just ridiculous statement. but well, since we know exactly what happened on ethreum blockchain, i guess that statement have some true point.
they maybe never think before, ethereum will have tremendous popularity in the crypto industry.

well, any thoughts ?

but, i still believe on ethereum, because when ETH 2.0 born, it will bring a lot of change on ethereum network buddy

He maybe a good programmer but I guess it is not is forte with regards of seeing possible things in the future.  Being a programmer is different from being a strategist, or an economist.  He saw things in a programming language but not in how the world works.  That is why he keep on saying confusing words.  But well as you said it is not late, good thing is technology is created to evolve, so if Ethereum is initially not made to scale, they can make it scale by tweaking and upgrading its design.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
Revolutionizing Reward Points
October 02, 2019, 06:05:06 PM

well, any thoughts ?

Activity: 532
Merit: 302
October 02, 2019, 05:47:41 PM
Never designed for scalability but that didn't stop them from promoting it as "the world computer".

I have great respect for Vitalik as a nerd but he's too often sounding like a shyster. Make up your mind, is it the world computer, or your backyard computer.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 518
October 02, 2019, 02:30:28 PM

well, any thoughts ?
Pages:
Jump to: