Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum price speculation / reasons for current crash? - page 2. (Read 246 times)

Activity: 602
Merit: 106
I think there are multiple reasons for this crash, with the biggest factors being:

1) People who bought high are starting to lose all hope that ETH will get back to ATH range and are just cashing out whatever is left.
2) ICOs are taking out their profits and selling ETH for fiat money.

Both scenarios can really make the situation really bad really fast. People/ICOs selling urge more people to sell, what follows is this chain reaction like thing.
Activity: 392
Merit: 66
The big inflation effect? Yes, the ETH team is considering ways to limit inflation. As it is now the Ether supply is infinite. As a result the inflation is pretty high. This has an effect on the price. Ico's dumping effect? I have not seen this. There are many new ICOs that still use the ETH network. I think the bottom price of Ether will be 0 if the team doesn't do anything. The overall market sentiment + the internal deficiency of the ETH blockchain = the recent crash.  They are currently working on various solutions to improve the entire ecosystem. Luckily I own no Ethers so I don't have to wear my seatbelts.  Smiley
Activity: 952
Merit: 308
I think all currencies are now experiencing a crisis not only in crypto currencies, some currencies in some countries are weakening against the US dollar.
if ethereum continues to fall, the thing that causes me to think is that people sell their tokens and turn them into USDT or to safer coins like bitcoin. Whereas most ICOs use the ethereum platform and now ICO token tokens experience a price crisis that freaks investors
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
it makes sense that ethereum fell because they threw away eth to cover the lack of fiat money. but what is their target and where do they want to move it?

if this continues, ethereum continues to deteriorate and potentially will be left by everyone.
copper member
Activity: 1904
Merit: 254
Lately we’ve seen a massive crash in Ethereum and most of it’s erc-20 tokens.
The peak price of ethereum was somewhere around the $1500 range, and has fallen below $200 today.
In my opinion This could be an effect of
-the big inflation
-ico’s dumping ethereum, due to lack of funds in fiat

What do you guys think about the bottom price for ethereum and what do you think is the main cause for the recent crash?

Ps: make sure you’re wearing your seatbelts guys because it’s about to get bumpy out there
Pages:
Jump to: