Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum proof of stake - page 2. (Read 231 times)

Activity: 621
Merit: 214
January 02, 2019, 04:48:43 AM
It's not that PoW doesn't favors big investors too (if you have the money to setup a mining farm you are a big investor)

In PoS it's harder to jump ship since instead of just changing the mined currency you have to sell/buy the coin
Activity: 616
Merit: 16
January 02, 2019, 04:36:51 AM
to me i think , Poof of stake favours investors with high quantity of ethereum whereby they stake more of there tokens to earn more. the advantage staking offers is that it promotes a long  term on these tokens. investors hardly sell off.
Activity: 462
Merit: 10
January 02, 2019, 04:27:44 AM
Ethereum upgrades can provide users with a better crypto experience, but I think this may not change the current state of the ICO market. The scam is still a lot.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
January 02, 2019, 04:24:40 AM
as you already figure out it stands for Proof of Stake which is another alternative algorithm that cryptocurrencies use. there is a lot of discussion about it which you can find online and there are many difference of opinions about it. what i believe is that it is an inferior algorithm compared to PoW (Proof of Work that it currently uses which is the same as bitcoin) and it has many disadvantages in comparison too. for example it is basically giving the power to anyone who has the most amount of money. so technically a whale (or worse the foundation that controls more than 70 million ether which they premined) can have the full control of the coin and its future and anything else including transactions and balances.
not to mention that the way it distributes rewards (paying more money to anyone who holds more) is a bad design by nature and will harm not just the fairness of distribution but also the price.

in short term however, we may see a lot of hype and consequently a lot of pumps but that is a different discussion which would belong to speculation board.
Activity: 882
Merit: 17
January 02, 2019, 04:10:00 AM
I believed that POS means Proof-of-stake. currently ethereum is working towards a hard-fork this january and one of the major reason is to enable or run POS.  currently, we noticed that ethereum is back on second spot in the market.
what can this proof of stake offer to ethereum and what does it stands for ?
Pages:
Jump to: