Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethereum, the next era of bitcoin technology - page 5. (Read 5936 times)

legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004
Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political
not interested in altcoins.
Activity: 707
Merit: 500
According to Ethereum communications officer

lol
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010
In Satoshi I Trust
Ethereum is nothing than Circle & Ripple.
They can't beat Bitcoin network ...  Grin

Etherum was never trying to "beat bitcoin".  Etherum helps to solve the problem of insufficient resources by offering the ability to create and streamline decentralized apps. This is how I understand it.

Interesting project but the bitcoin-world will adopt the good stuff easily.  Etherum has no momentum when you look at the big picture.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
the world computer is a great concept and it,s a hypermediaplatform
Activity: 296
Merit: 251

Etherum was never trying to "beat bitcoin".  Etherum helps to solve the problem of insufficient resources by offering the ability to create and streamline decentralized apps. This is how I understand it.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1011
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 3063
Leave no FUD unchallenged
Whatever potential Ethereum may have once had, it's already too late.  They took too long and other projects have beaten them to it.  The only thing they have left in their favour is a bit of hype and some recognition of the name.  Maybe that will be enough to make them a success, but all the features they were promising are already available in other coins.

there are lots of similar project such as AT.                                                                   

Yep, personally I'd go with the coins supporting AT.  Qora, Burst and hopefully a few others in the not-too-distant future.  They support trustless cross-blockchain transfers right now, without relying on a centralised exchange, plus smart contracts and asset trading already up and running. 
donator
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006
Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.
Wasn't ethereum originally run on the bitcoin-powered counterparty? Wouldn't that make ether an altcoin for ethereum?
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000
If ethereum is such a great thing why are bitcoin forums full of shills spamming this shit?

With $18M funding they couldn't even fabricate a windows client...

Being a shrill is half the story. The scary truth is there are people paid to go on forums like this to promote Ethereum, this coin is a bank coin, it was clearly built to undermine Bitcoin and ruin the whole concept with deriveratives.

DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP!

If I ever saw that winney nerd that put his name to this coin I would snap his neck.

Is the guy an android, he seriously sounds like Stephen Hawkins computer.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cahj4WJtp20
Activity: 249
Merit: 250
If ethereum is such a great thing why are bitcoin forums full of shills spamming this shit?

Why would you showcase a very risky platform on a very risky platform?  You wouldn't.
Activity: 798
Move On !!!!!!
I am not so sure about it, but lets give it a chance. They have collected huge funds, they have pushed through their schedule as well.

For now it seems like an overly hyped platform that has a lot to prove but still hasn't proven anything. Expectations are huge and this is what worries me, will they live up to the expectations?
Something tells me that they won't, but this is just my hunch!
Activity: 879
Merit: 1013

Activity: 576
Merit: 503
Although strictly off-topic, I think it needed to be announced here. Everyone is interested at least.
Ethereum is far more than a 'coin' so it deserves more consideration than your average altcoin.

It will be interesting to see how bitcoin and ethereum interact in future. I guess initially shapeshift.io will come in handy for that.  Bitcoin can provide a secure blockchain to underpin financial contracts on ethereum.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Ethereum = JPMorgan coin.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
i don't trust them too much, where are the 5K+ bitcoin that they made from crowdfunding? are really used for the project there is no proof of that of which i'm aware

maidsafe it's a better alternative, they look more legit
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
Is this should be in altercoin board? And i don't think Ethereum is a big deal, there are lots of similar project such as AT.

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
AltoCenter.com
According to Ethereum communications officer, their eponymous product is the most popular among companies seeking to establish their blockchain apps for the next decade or so. The platform’s developers announced on the 22nd of July that they would be soon launching the full version of the popular not-for-profit product. And yesterday, the Ethereum team announced the public launch of the first version of the platform.

https://99bitcoins.com/ethereum-the-next-era-of-bitcoin-technology/
Pages:
Jump to: