Pages:
Author

Topic: Etherium. What's next? - page 3. (Read 3331 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
August 10, 2015, 07:32:04 AM
Back in last year, I was impressed by how an 'innovative' project like ethereum drew so much attention, aiming at
 expanding cryptocurrency possibilities. They called it web 3.0, they called it cpryptocurrency 2.0, the called it the future.
Several months later, back in last summer the ether IPO started. I was not experienced in any IPO, so I was skeptical
of investing even the minimum of 0.01 BTC. The solution was to see what other people were thinking about the IPO.
I was convinced not to invest.People said that a lot of times money have been lost in IPOs and pre-mined coins.

You obviously missed an opportunity for a nice profit.

I still consider ethereum a great idea, and I am happy that cryptocurrencies evolve.
However the IPO has nothing to do with the project's innovative nature!
On top of that, it appears to me that ethereum could barely be called decentralised; The devs
have a lot of power over the network! In comparison to bitcoin, the only thing a bitcoin dev
can do to harm bitcoin except from abandoning the project, is to issue a false aka fake alert using the alert key!
Also, even if the project fails, the devs will be rich! Remember the IPO?
Also ether is official stated as 'crypto fuel' and not money. This will make it easier to evade any future accusation

What do you think? Am I right?
Should I feel bad I didn't invest?

Ethereum going to be something very close to a corporate system. Probably some sort of sandbox for some real corporate systems. Banks and banking application developers will surely like its technology, IBM also planning to pick up at least a part of the code for making blockchain based smart connections between devices and other entities, so I think Ethereum will be a great development platform, just like the opensource Xen for Citrix.
As a coin... I'm pretty sure it will survive, but probably will experience the same controversy as NXT or Ripple.
legendary
Activity: 1241
Merit: 1005
..like bright metal on a sullen ground.
August 09, 2015, 09:51:41 PM

have a lot of power over the network! In comparison to bitcoin, the only thing a bitcoin dev
can do to harm bitcoin except from abandoning the project, is to issue a false aka fake alert using the alert key!

What's interesting is that I think there's some sort of difficulty "bomb" built into the POW algorithm, so that in about a year the difficulty skyrockets forcing POS or I guess POW fork. So, if for some reason the devs abandon the project (say there was some legal issue a la ripple) well, who knows what would happen.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
In math we trust.
August 09, 2015, 06:38:16 PM
Back in last year, I was impressed by how an 'innovative' project like ethereum drew so much attention, aiming at
 expanding cryptocurrency possibilities. They called it web 3.0, they called it cpryptocurrency 2.0, the called it the future.
Several months later, back in last summer the ether IPO started. I was not experienced in any IPO, so I was skeptical
of investing even the minimum of 0.01 BTC. The solution was to see what other people were thinking about the IPO.
I was convinced not to invest.People said that a lot of times money have been lost in IPOs and pre-mined coins.

I still consider ethereum a great idea, and I am happy that cryptocurrencies evolve.
However the IPO has nothing to do with the project's innovative nature!
On top of that, it appears to me that ethereum could barely be called decentralised; The devs
Also, even if the project fails, the devs will be rich! Remember the IPO?
Also ether is official stated as 'crypto fuel' and not money. This will make it easier to evade any future accusation

What do you think? Am I right?
Should I feel bad I didn't invest?
Pages:
Jump to: