Pages:
Author

Topic: Ethics and Pyramids - page 2. (Read 1850 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 253
November 23, 2013, 04:42:27 AM
I agree with you that bitcoin has many qualities of a pyramid scheme, and I too believe it will largely fall apart in the mid-term, year or two from now. But there is always a chance that we`re wrong and this will be the greatest invention since `fire` or the wheel, as some of the lunatics here seem to believe. Everyone investing in this is an adult (hopefully) and they have to make up their own minds if they want to throw their hat in the ring or not. If they naively come in with the notion that bitcoin is a 100% guaranteed investment, then they`re going to get burned anyway, whether it be by bitcoin or some other get rich quick scheme. It does scare me though, I admit, when I read posts on here of people taking money from their 401k  Shocked or running up debt to invest in bull trends, but hey, bitcoin is all about freedom and if that`s what they want to do, then more power to `em.
Activity: 528
Merit: 527
November 23, 2013, 04:01:04 AM
If you feel that Bitcoin is a pyramid scheme, but that cryptocoins are good in theory, then find an altcoin that you believe in. They are all going to go up for the next few years.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1055
November 23, 2013, 03:41:08 AM
So I am struggling with an ethical quandary.
I am not currently a bitcoin investor but I am thinking
Of getting into the mining game in a big way.

Like many here I think Bitcoin is going to continue to do very
well at least for the next year or two.

Problem is I also think bitcoin is a pyramid scheme. I believe my gains will come at the expense of someone in the future who is going to get burned.

Now obviously if you don't believe it's a pyramid there is no problem. Unfortunately, However, I do so is it morally right for me to participate?

I think the bitcoin bubble is overall a good thing as it
will awaken people to crypto currency and its possibilities.
Does that justify participating in a Pyramid scheme that I worry
may end in tears for a lot of people?

Pages:
Jump to: