Pages:
Author

Topic: [ETI] Etica - A cryptocurrency for Open Source medical research - page 4. (Read 1880 times)

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
Will there be an airdrop or faucet?
No airdrop. It can only be mined or earned thanks to research reward system. There might be faucet in future but none yet. If you want some ETI or EGAZ to test and play with it just share an etica address and I'll send you some. To connect to etica and get an etica address follow first part of this guide: https://www.eticaprotocol.org/eticadocs/howtouse.html
0x4eF101828052E3b1340145926bE230Bda53E112B
Activity: 7
 Shocked EGAZ mining hashrate is much higher than yesterday.
Activity: 39
No airdrop. It can only be mined or earned thanks to research reward system. There might be faucet in future but none yet. If you want some ETI or EGAZ to test and play with it just share an etica address and I'll send you some. To connect to etica and get an etica address follow first part of this guide: https://www.eticaprotocol.org/eticadocs/howtouse.html
0xb2cd72Be86c8c53c4C4210C53bC6d29428D8aE85
Sent!
ETI transaction: https://www.eticascan.org/tx/0xcd6465dab94113f2032f2b136c2335e9857d042b415e1bc53085f1a5c5fe70de

EGAZ transaction: https://www.eticascan.org/tx/0x61500498e5782fb68885736df3c184cb172a20895e1a3493f21c914c8c7dd430
how to start mining on hiveos or raveos?
For ETI mining:
I think soliditySha3 miner only works on windows, linux and hiveos. For mining on hiveos if you have amd it should be ok, but if you have nvidia try to use version 2.0.0 (https://github.com/lwYeo/SoliditySHA3Miner/releases/tag/2.2.0) as version 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 don't support nvidia.
Here is the eti mining guide: https://www.eticaprotocol.org/eticadocs/mining.html

For EGAZ mining:
I think it should work on both hiveos and raveos as it uses lolMiner.
Here is the egaz mining guide: https://www.eticaprotocol.org/eticadocs/mining.html#egazlolminer
Activity: 49
how to start mining on hiveos or raveos?
Activity: 78
0xb2cd72Be86c8c53c4C4210C53bC6d29428D8aE85
What is the actual point of forking an Ether network? What does it brings compared to simply creating ETI tokens on ETC or ETH network?
Etica is a neutral protocol, the same way bitcoin and monero are neutral protocols. It is much more than a simple smart contract. It needs to have its own blockchain for independance, if it was on Ethereum for instance then it would have been forced to move to proof of stake with all security implications.
Most importantly it offers scalability from day one as there is only one smart contract on the whole blockchain. The current transactions capacity of Ethereum are more than enough for Etica use case, so Etica can benefit from a proof of work Ethereum blockchain without scalability issues.
Over the years Etica will be able to completely adapt its blockchain to its needs, in the future maybe we can imagine to change the mining algorithm to something similar to RandomX for Asic resistance and also Quantum resistance

edited: "the same way bitcoin and ethereum are neutral protocols" -> "the same way bitcoin and monero are neutral protocols"
Activity: 1
What is the actual point of forking an Ether network? What does it brings compared to simply creating ETI tokens on ETC or ETH network?
Is the algo asic resistance?
contract=0xB6eD7644C69416d67B522e20bC294A9a9B405B31 ^

is it correct?

if i mine ETI, how to chect it in metamask? because the ticker is EGAZ.
No Etica contract address is: 0x34c61EA91bAcdA647269d4e310A86b875c09946f
Etica is not on Ethereum Blockchain, I think the address you are refering wasa test contract deployed on ethereum mainnet but Etica has its own blockchain and the smart contract address is 0x34c61EA91bAcdA647269d4e310A86b875c09946f

To check on metamask you need to add the Etica (ETI) as a token, EGAZ is the euivalent of ether on ethereum.
Check the part "how to connect" of this guide and let me know if you have questions: https://www.eticaprotocol.org/eticadocs/howtouse.html
Activity: 78
What is the Algorithm? I am still confused.
Etica is a fork of Ethereum Classic so the Blockchain is based on Ethereum technology. It's only a code fork and not chain fork since it started its own blockchain from block 0. Something special is that the blockchain has only one smart contract dedicated to open source medical research. There are two coins in Etica, ETI and EGAZ. ETI is the currency of the protocol with 21 million supply reached in 10 years then fixed inflation rate, EGAZ is the equivalent of ETHER on ethereum and is used to secure the blockchain and pay for transaction fees. Hope it's more clear let me know if you have more questions
Is there ASIC miner? Or only CPU/GPU?
Where can rent the hash?
Activity: 207
Merit: 5
contract=0xB6eD7644C69416d67B522e20bC294A9a9B405B31 ^

is it correct?

if i mine ETI, how to chect it in metamask? because the ticker is EGAZ.
Etica is a fork of Ethereum Classic so the Blockchain is based on Ethereum technology. It's only a code fork and not chain fork since it started its own blockchain from block 0. Something special is that the blockchain has only one smart contract dedicated to open source medical research. There are two coins in Etica, ETI and EGAZ. ETI is the currency of the protocol with 21 million supply reached in 10 years then fixed inflation rate, EGAZ is the equivalent of ETHER on ethereum and is used to secure the blockchain and pay for transaction fees. Hope it's more clear let me know if you have more questions
If there will be no intellectual property attached to your medical research, would it be prone for other people to copy your concept or idea? Are you okay with it? And who are the people that will conduct your medical research? Do they have the qualifications to handle the job?

People are free to copy Etica to the same degree they are free to copy Bitcoin or Monero. Though being the original project Etica should benefit from the same advantages that enabled Bitcoin or Monero to make forks irrelevant.

Etica creates a financial incentive to make open source research, anybody is free to make the research and submit proposals. In my opinion the first participants are not likely to be professional researchers but students or self taught individuals. But with time as the quality of proposals increase, more and more professional researchers will eventually join these other types of researchers. The quality of proposals should increase overtime because of the open competition the protocol creates. In fact each week the protocol issues a fixed amount of ETI, the more people will compete for these ETI the higher the quality of their proposals will have to be to be rewarded

I have Cosmic miner running although the reported hash rate by pool is much lower than hash rate reported by Cosmic Miner. On the other hand my AMD 6700 XT is using the Solidity Sha3 Miner and gets this error.

[INFO] Found solution, verifying...

[2022-08-25T18:33:33] OpenCL (AMD APP) ID: 0 [INFO] Solution verified, submitting nonce 0xf132e08a4fde3a0afbc8783d7cf5d4f518000000e9e119e6675e25237f8fe76f...

[2022-08-25T18:33:33] [INFO] Checking latest parameters from primary pool...

[2022-08-25T18:33:33] [INFO] Miner share [3] submitted to primary pool: failed (300ms)

Why are my shares failing to submit?

So did you manage to start mining?
For soliditySha3 miner your issue on failed shares is likely due to wrong overrideMaxTarget value in the 0xbtcPool file.

Change overrideMaxTarget=27606985387162255149739023449108101809804435888681546220650096895197184 ^
to overrideMaxTarget=26959946667150639794667015087019630673637144422540572481103610249216 ^
Or leave overrideMaxTarget field blank

Let me know if you still have issues

By the way right now most Etica discussion and help is happening on discord https://discord.gg/KdEYRhSdVG and reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/etica
If there will be no intellectual property attached to your medical research, would it be prone for other people to copy your concept or idea? Are you okay with it? And who are the people that will conduct your medical research? Do they have the qualifications to handle the job?

People are free to copy Etica to the same degree they are free to copy Bitcoin or Monero. Though being the original project Etica should benefit from the same advantages that enabled Bitcoin or Monero to make forks irrelevant.

Etica creates a financial incentive to make open source research, anybody is free to make the research and submit proposals. In my opinion the first participants are not likely to be professional researchers but students or self taught individuals. But with time as the quality of proposals increase, more and more professional researchers will eventually join these other types of researchers. The quality of proposals should increase overtime because of the open competition the protocol creates. In fact each week the protocol issues a fixed amount of ETI, the more people will compete for these ETI the higher the quality of their proposals will have to be to be rewarded

I have Cosmic miner running although the reported hash rate by pool is much lower than hash rate reported by Cosmic Miner. On the other hand my AMD 6700 XT is using the Solidity Sha3 Miner and gets this error.

[2022-08-25T18:33:33] OpenCL (AMD APP) ID: 0 [INFO] Solution verified, submitting nonce 0xf132e08a4fde3a0afbc8783d7cf5d4f518000000e9e119e6675e25237f8fe76f...

[2022-08-25T18:33:33] [INFO] Miner share [3] submitted to primary pool: failed (300ms)

Forgot to mention you, please check my anwser above
The hashrate displayed on mining pool is just to give a broad estimation and be able to compare your hashpower with other miners. But it is not used by mining pool to calculate the rewards. What matters is that your shares get accepted by mining pool. You can view your shares by going on page accounts, then click on your address and then you should see your shares and this is what is actually  used to calculate rewards. You should get your rewards within few minutes after each block found by pool

For soliditySha3 miner, can you show a screenshot with as many lines as possible so I can see if it happens several times in a row or just once? Also are you on port 8080 or 8081?
Activity: 51
Merit: 2

Pages:
Jump to: