Pages:
Author

Topic: ETN is back to ASIC :) ATTN: Antminer X3 owners :) - page 2. (Read 757 times)

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353
Xtreme Monster
This is so true. This fpga hype only makes coin devs to let asics roam free cause is much better let the asics than fpga cause fpga's will be only few people whereas asics can be sold by many companies. I myself prefer asics than fpga's and I agree about what etn devs have done. Concerning security, fpga's are many times more dangerous than asics.
Activity: 473
Merit: 18
Activity: 1498
Merit: 597
yes if you did not know yet, and you have a Antminer x3, its maybe time to redirect back to ETH mining Smiley
Network difficulty jumped already from 22,843,211,141 to 125,388,752,124
of course more ppl using they x3 , less money you going to make Sad

From ETN developers:

"ASICS are becoming more prevalent, they cost considerably less to run than a GPU rig and use a fraction of the electricity. We are going to encourage more ASIC ownership and take our hashing rate up to (and beyond) the enormous levels of hashing power that we had before the May fork.

There is a further development. The first generation of hardware called an FPGA miner is arriving during 2018 and they make ANTI-ASIC capabilities a thing of the past, as they circumvent the slow delivery time of new ASICs by being re-programmable. If we are ready to embrace these rather than fight them, our network hashing power is increased further and our network stability and security is further enhanced.

Because ASICS run cooler, quieter and use a fraction of GPU rig power, they are suitable for MORE people to run in their homes. If you are interested, a search of “Cryptonight ASIC miner” in Google or Ebay will find the equipment needed to mine Electroneum. You will need to be reasonably technical to achieve this!

Having a stable network is absolutely key to both delivering mass adoption and to ensure we have a great relationship with the great exchanges that we’re already listed with, and to encourage more of the larger exchanges to see Electroneum as a coin that they want on board.

How will I mine Electroneum after this update?

If you are a mobile miner – nothing changes. If you are a GPU or ASIC miner then you’ll need to connect to an Electroneum pool but it is important to note that you will need to change your ALGORITHM. You MUST use the algorithm “Cryptonight” and NOT “Electroneum” or “CryptonightV7”. "
Pages:
Jump to: