Pages:
Author

Topic: EUR market: why is it so unpopular among Europeans? - page 2. (Read 323 times)

legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
Meaning: lots of traders are from Europe and SEPA zone (especially from Germany, UK, Fance, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Belgium). SEPA payments are fast enough, liquidity is also good.

Why the don't you, Europeans, trade in /EUR markets?

Even the Europeans know their currency is just fake Dollars. Everybody knows that the Dollar is the original FIAT money. It is also just easier to price everything in dollars rather than converting the price to Euros everytime.

The US dollar is NOT the "original" fiat money.It's just the most used fiat currency in the world.The euro is the second most used fiat currency.And NO,the euro isn't fake dollars,because the price of the euro isn't tied with the USD price in any way.Learn more about the currency markets, before making such statements.

Euro is fake dollars just like pound and yen and Swiss francs. These currencies will always be as powerful as dollars no matter how much you print them and that's going to fuck up everything. It is already happening right in front of your eyes.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/55-billion-profit-for-giant-asset-managerthe-swiss-central-bank-1515485509

Swiss central bank made more money than Apple just by printing money.

The system has failed.

Soon all of these currencies will be 1:1:1:1:1 and a straight line without any movement.

-----------------

Like a dead heart.

Don't get me wrong btw. Euro is fake dollars but dollar is fake euro. All them are same shit packed in different colors.

Dollar is the most used one that's why it is the oroginal piece of shit.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1312
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Meaning: lots of traders are from Europe and SEPA zone (especially from Germany, UK, Fance, Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Belgium). SEPA payments are fast enough, liquidity is also good.

Even the Europeans know their currency is just fake Dollars. Everybody knows that the Dollar is the original FIAT money. It is also just easier to price everything in dollars rather than converting the price to Euros everytime.

I dont understand what do you mean by the bold part, do you mean that other fiat money is not original (fake money)? I cant understand why you do you say like that. Wondering how you determine a fiat money is fake or original. Dollar is used more than EUR all over the world, we cant deny it as my country also admit that Dollar is the International Fiat Money.

Popularity could be one reason why markets prefers to use Dollar instead of EUR or other fiat money. I cant find any other reasons.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
I often wonder this myself. It's a currency used by a large proportion of one of the richest regions in the whole world yet it's rarely mentioned by anyone.

In the EU transfers happen within a few hours at worst and are usually free. That's a humongous boon to anyone looking to use an exchange in the Eurozone.

To access a dollar exchange a Euro user would be looking at several more days and some pretty high fees.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929

The US dollar is NOT the "original" fiat money.It's just the most used fiat currency in the world.The euro is the second most used fiat currency.And NO,the euro isn't fake dollars,because the price of the euro isn't tied with the USD price in any way.Learn more about the currency markets, before making such statements.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442

Activity: 95
Merit: 1
So where the idea that EU people don't use EUR market comes from?

Stats from similarweb (not very exact, but shows rough values quite well) indicates, that the countries listed above (+CIS, China, the US) are all over the market (exchanges, projects websites themselves). I think Europeans make at least 30% of all trading community, and /EUR markets are far from that.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1500

I don't know from where you get the data of an inactive EURO market but it is a pretty active market. Yes, it is obviously not as large as USD market but it is definitely the second highest volume churner. Also USD is more popular in terms of worldwide acceptability, that is another reason why USD enjoys the majority of the market share in crypto trading. Also if you look at the forex market, USD/EUR pair is the most popular one! I really don't think Europeans don't prefer their own currency to trade! If you have any data that proves your statement, I would love to look at that to understand the trend.
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
I guess that arbitrage works better with USD since there are much more USD-pegged stable coins.
But from what I've seen the EUR market is pretty well alive. I did use it at Bitstamp and, apart of a couple of annoying bots (which are pretty much on all the exchanges) all was well. As you also wrote: the liquidity is good.

So where the idea that EU people don't use EUR market comes from?
Activity: 95
Merit: 1

Pages:
Jump to: