Pages:
Author

Topic: Even if PirateAt40 is running a Ponzi maybe it's good? - page 2. (Read 3183 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Hi

I am not starting a thread to argue if, or if not, it is a Ponzi, this has been covered many times, and I am undecided.

I have been thinking, if, it turns out to a Ponzi, and causes some sort of crash, could this long term be a good effect on BitCoin? It would raise the awareness, during it's time assuming it crashes, it's allowed people to have more money and manage loaning/sub-saving businesses which they may not have been able to, and has driven a lot of activity within the community.

Similarly, if it turns out to be a Ponzi, most of these normally end when they run out of money to pay people off, more so than with the "owner" running with the funds.  How many BTC will actually be removed from the market, if it turns out to be a ponzi - arguabley few. 

So what im saying, is, even if it turns out to be a Ponzi, isnt that a good thing for BTC as a whole?

The only negative I can see is that media might start to associate "bitcoin" with a system of "ponzi schemes" and it might hinder further mainstream adoption.

Just my 0.02BTC. 
I disagree.  As you said, the media would remove a lot of potential Bitcoin users from the possibility of using Bitcoin. 
" it's allowed people to have more money and manage loaning/sub-saving businesses which they may not have been able to, and has driven a lot of activity within the community." -- If you mean PPT's, they would have been Ponzi's too. 

Also, as you said, I'm not arguing about if he is a ponzi or not.
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Hi

I am not starting a thread to argue if, or if not, it is a Ponzi, this has been covered many times, and I am undecided.

I have been thinking, if, it turns out to a Ponzi, and causes some sort of crash, could this long term be a good effect on BitCoin? It would raise the awareness, during it's time assuming it crashes, it's allowed people to have more money and manage loaning/sub-saving businesses which they may not have been able to, and has driven a lot of activity within the community.

Similarly, if it turns out to be a Ponzi, most of these normally end when they run out of money to pay people off, more so than with the "owner" running with the funds.  How many BTC will actually be removed from the market, if it turns out to be a ponzi - arguabley few. 

So what im saying, is, even if it turns out to be a Ponzi, isnt that a good thing for BTC as a whole?

The only negative I can see is that media might start to associate "bitcoin" with a system of "ponzi schemes" and it might hinder further mainstream adoption.

Just my 0.02BTC. 
Pages:
Jump to: