Pages:
Author

Topic: Ever win something big in demo mode and feel stupid? - page 5. (Read 2496 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
It happened many times to me to, but i wouldn't say i feel stupid over it; there's a large difference when you know you're playing with real money,
and when you're playing with free credits (there's no real rush with freebies), so i don't think it's accurate to think you would won if you knew that you actually
played with real money. And as an added bonus, atleast you can test out methods of playing w/o the risk as well.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1007
It has happened quite a few times that i have won with free credits. Some of the most crazy wins come usually happen with them (i won a first roll 100 play credits on x9900) Now that was amazing lol, could have been a good roll on pretty much any amount Smiley
Didnt feel stupid tho, way these things are.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1179
Of course this happened to me few times. U are totally correct about stupid feeling after. And after that when i deposit something I lose everything and think that everything is one big scam.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Wow really nice story, good person. Most people would have not resisted the temptation and would have took the money and run.

Well, I think it's a small site, and so a withdrawal of 6 BTC would probably have been processed manually - so it's not even sure that I could have withdrawn anything.

Too tempting when you are broke.

Yeah, it probably helps that I'm not broke. The temptation to steal is likely a lot stronger when you can't afford to pay your bills.

[
Mind saying what site was that or at least what game mode was it? (as in slots, dice, cards..)

It was https://alterdice.com/ - they just added CLAM to the list of altcoins they support. I only discovered their site when they posted on the CLAM thread saying they had added it.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
Yeah. Just last night I was testing out a new (to me) dice site, and found an exploit on it.

I turned the 400 satoshi faucet into 6.2 BTC by abusing the bug, then reported it to the owner (without trying to withdraw, of course).

I figured he would reset my balance since it was all cheated. He paused betting, fixed the bug, re-enabled betting, but I still had the 6.2 BTC balance.

So I thought I may as well see how high I could take it without cheating, now that the bug was fixed.

I got it up to 12 BTC, then lost it all. Just as my balance hit zero I got a PM from the owner:

"Thanks for the bug report. As a thank you why don't you keep the coins you were able to win using the bug!"

Wow I felt stupid. I thought I was playing with "play money", since I was sure he would just wipe away my cheated balance.

He ended up tipping me 3 BTC anyway, so it's not all bad. Smiley

Wow really nice story, good person. Most people would have not resisted the temptation and would have took the money and run. Too tempting when you are broke. Mind saying what site was that or at least what game mode was it? (as in slots, dice, cards..)

I had once a lot of luck with slots but I was in demo mode, needless to say it felt really frustrating.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Yup it happened so many times while trying on demo mode to new sites it is like to have fun there with some comfort without any fear to lose real there once i was up 3+ BTC from 0.05 Grin
Activity: 672
Merit: 508
LOTEO
Like you are trying out a new gambling website with a cool game of dice, slots, roulette or whatever, and you start with the additional demo credits, keep playing, and you are on a lucky strike and end up with 1+ BTC but since the credits are all fake because you are in demo mode, it's all for nothing. This happened to me once and felt pretty stupid. It's not only bad luck, but having good useless luck which is even kinda hilarious.

No, I never played in demo mode. I won big in real tho  Grin 1+ BTC is a lot, may have the same luck playing with real bitcoins.
legendary
Activity: 2940
Merit: 1333
Yeah. Just last night I was testing out a new (to me) dice site, and found an exploit on it.

I turned the 400 satoshi faucet into 6.2 BTC by abusing the bug, then reported it to the owner (without trying to withdraw, of course).

I figured he would reset my balance since it was all cheated. He paused betting, fixed the bug, re-enabled betting, but I still had the 6.2 BTC balance.

So I thought I may as well see how high I could take it without cheating, now that the bug was fixed.

I got it up to 12 BTC, then lost it all. Just as my balance hit zero I got a PM from the owner:

"Thanks for the bug report. As a thank you why don't you keep the coins you were able to win using the bug!"

Wow I felt stupid. I thought I was playing with "play money", since I was sure he would just wipe away my cheated balance.

He ended up tipping me 3 BTC anyway, so it's not all bad. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
YES! Many times actually. I always try to find new and existing place to play, and I enjoy testing things up. In a process I end up with many test games. During many of them I have incredible luck streaks.
If I gather all virtual tokens I won during that test games I would be rich man already.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
Like you are trying out a new gambling website with a cool game of dice, slots, roulette or whatever, and you start with the additional demo credits, keep playing, and you are on a lucky strike and end up with 1+ BTC but since the credits are all fake because you are in demo mode, it's all for nothing. This happened to me once and felt pretty stupid. It's not only bad luck, but having good useless luck which is even kinda hilarious.
Pages:
Jump to: