Pages:
Author

Topic: Everyone failed. - page 3. (Read 3980 times)

legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
April 16, 2013, 11:07:50 PM
People are into BTC cause they believe in this new idea, or they are hoping to get rich (like having faith in a certain stock to increase in value).

For those people trying to get rich, yeah lots of money they lost.

And for this new idea? Its dying now. It won't completely go away though. Even a 10-20 year old video game still has a few people that play it once in a while, even though majority of people could care less.

Don't worry pal its not dying at all, if the price hits under $1 for a long time, then maybe that is like a death almost.

Even if we hit a low of $20 we are will higher than beginning of January!

We was in a bubble pure and simple, everyone was positing about the bubble popping all the time, the writing was on the wall. I expected the bubble to pop after reaching $1000 a coin but someone attacked the Gox and caused a preemptive popping of the bubble.

Remember the growth could not sustained, within a year a single Bitcoin would make you a billionaire, the rate of increase was exponential at least. If the dream of Bitcoin is that rate of increase against USD then that is a fantasy dream and could not be sustained by anything in the world ever. Even exponential adoption can only go a year before saturating every market and store on earth.

But Bitcoin will rise. Remember Bitcoin is a confidence currency, its value determined by the confidence of the sellers and buyers. Bitcoin will rise, hopefully a little slower this time!!
Activity: 160
Merit: 100
April 16, 2013, 10:56:21 PM
Not really. I bought mostly for speculation and I'm still way up from my original investment.

Give him a break. He joined a week ago.  He had high hopes...

I can't take the pressure!

Ok ok, I put in $2k worth bid and hope to double my money within a few days.

I have faith!
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
April 16, 2013, 10:48:26 PM
Not really. I bought mostly for speculation and I'm still way up from my original investment.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Shame on everything; regret nothing.
April 16, 2013, 10:43:28 PM
Speculators are learning valuable lessons, like how hard it is to move fiat around, and how easy it is to move Bitcoin around. Many will come for the "get rich quick", and a good percentage will stay for the "utility".

The volatility is growing pains and if you think you know a way to stop it without introducing the type of regulation bitcoin avoids, well... LOL.

+1

if only mtgox --> okpay were quicker, OR mtgox USD codes still around
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
April 16, 2013, 10:38:11 PM

you failed
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
Jack of oh so many trades.
April 16, 2013, 10:36:52 PM

I've been investing in bitcoin for over a year now. I haven't lost anything yet.

Of course, I didn't take out a second mortgage on my house and put all my savings into bitcoin. That would just be stupid.

Are you really trying to say that you tried to get rich, and lost a lot of your money? Because I don't see how you could possibly speak for other people.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
April 16, 2013, 10:34:25 PM
People are into BTC cause they believe in this new idea, or they are hoping to get rich (like having faith in a certain stock to increase in value).

And for this new idea? Its dying now. It won't completely go away though. Even a 10-20 year old video game still has a few people that play it once in a while, even though majority of people could care less.

So when you picked your username, were you trying to be ironic?
Activity: 315
Merit: 255
April 16, 2013, 10:33:14 PM
Why does everybody keep saying Bitcoin is dying based on what the USD/BTC exchange rate is doing?

Speculation is a component of Bitcoin; not the other way around.

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1009
April 16, 2013, 10:31:43 PM
Do you have a point you are trying to make? Hopefully some evidence to back it up?
He either wants a lower entry point to go long from. or else wants a lower price because he's short and about to get squeezed.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028
Duelbits.com
April 16, 2013, 10:29:56 PM
Irony of the nick is too big to resist Smiley
Activity: 160
April 16, 2013, 10:29:39 PM

Yeah, perhaps you should put down the bong for a bit.  Your deep thoughts are sounding kinda Jack Handeyish.
Activity: 182
April 16, 2013, 10:23:20 PM

Pages:
Jump to: