Pages:
Author

Topic: Everyone is saying BTC ganna go up, but - page 2. (Read 3105 times)

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
October 10, 2013, 09:58:51 PM
When i see the bitcoin price to be so stable i cant help but worry that something fishy is going on...

Nothing fishy.  Big players are getting a feel for the market before they decide which way it will go.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 10, 2013, 09:41:28 PM
When i see the bitcoin price to be so stable i cant help but worry that something fishy is going on...
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem
October 10, 2013, 09:35:58 PM
because most of us are speculators, but not investors, so the price go up and down frequently, right?
Activity: 364
October 10, 2013, 06:52:14 PM
Don't forget there is a constant supply of new coins, especially with the network power skyrocketing.
So at the moment every day 4-5k new coins are flooding in, if the price stays the same the market cap is still rising.
The big supply of new coins will vanish soon enough ^^
First drop once the difficulty doesn't increase like crazy anymore, second one when the reward halves again (about 2.5-3 years from now)

Don't forget that the crazy difficulty increases actually brings about the halving sooner. Super-fast difficulty increase has an effect similar to shortselling. In the short-term it may increase the supply, but it can cause an even greater supply squeeze in the future.

Exactly what I'm saying :3
That's why I wrote 2.5-3 years ^^

Activity: 448
October 10, 2013, 06:39:01 PM
Don't forget there is a constant supply of new coins, especially with the network power skyrocketing.
So at the moment every day 4-5k new coins are flooding in, if the price stays the same the market cap is still rising.
First drop once the difficulty doesn't increase like crazy anymore, second one when the reward halves again (about 2.5-3 years from now)

Don't forget that the crazy difficulty increases actually brings about the halving sooner. Super-fast difficulty increase has an effect similar to shortselling. In the short-term it may increase the supply, but it can cause an even greater supply squeeze in the future.
Activity: 364
October 10, 2013, 08:45:40 AM
Activity: 546
Merit: 501
October 10, 2013, 08:29:12 AM
Most of the people in the forum including me is quite optimistic about Bitcoin.

But after so many weeks why didn't it go up but difficulty is shooting up?

looks like some people got used to constant growth in the first half of the year. But to me stable price is good for bitcoin and can bring more people who would like to invest in it or create a business. Which in the long term will make price higher too.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
October 10, 2013, 08:23:19 AM
Most of the people in the forum including me is quite optimistic about Bitcoin.

But after so many weeks why didn't it go up but difficulty is shooting up?
Pages:
Jump to: