Pages:
Author

Topic: Everyone waiting for v2.0 but... - page 3. (Read 442 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1344
Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange
August 17, 2020, 10:17:07 PM
(....)
If you look at the market situation, this delay might have an impact on Ethereum prices later. it could be that a few days after the 2.0 delay announcement the price will go down
I don't think so the price will be affected because if you think especially before when multiple postponed happened on the Ethereum 2.0, the price is still kicking.
But even if I am wrong and the price will be affected then it's still good, so people can still buy more on the lower price. Especially me, when I am waiting of Ethereum to fall down around $200 when it was around $300+, but now it's already $400+, lol.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 269
August 17, 2020, 09:57:45 PM
There's an existing offer for bug bounty so I guess they have delayed it because participants found bugs on the platform and it's good that they delayed it, we don't need a platform with a lot of bugs because it will compromise a lot of things and this is not good for the whole community and Ethereum as well, so just need to wait for the next update no need to pressure them.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 102
August 17, 2020, 09:31:20 PM
I guess it should be postponed because they found some bugs during the testnet. After all, that's what testnet is for, so it's normal if after the testnet is running they find a problem and delay the launch.

If you look at the market situation, this delay might have an impact on Ethereum prices later. it could be that a few days after the 2.0 delay announcement the price will go down
Activity: 1820
Merit: 566
August 17, 2020, 08:08:06 PM
Do you thing it is nothing done and all just about the hype and the profit?
I dont think it something that have to do with hype and profit cause if it was we would have see some crypto community people who would have figured it out. However, the DEVs have said it already that it will take sometime before ETH2.0 will be launch but it was Vitalik that want if to be executed fast.
Concern your question, I believe they are taking extra precautions to avoid any mistake.
Activity: 2604
Merit: 542
August 17, 2020, 07:58:31 PM
It is one of the marketing strategy to delay upgrade since eth had made hype lately due to the said upgrade. See how much eth had made increase lately to which most are interested to invest in it. Even myself had also bought some eth due to this hype. But I know that there is nothing to do with the upgrade and its market price. The only thing that it makes interested is the hype that all users have been talking to and clearly the result is visible. The market price and market capitalization had greatly influenced by this upgrade.

I don't know if you can call it marketing strategy though, its been more than a year if I'm not mistaken since this eth2.0 project was projected to be release. So there's no more hype or marketing to create, all crypto investors are already aware of it.

Perhaps this will cause another pullback in the price if there is a looming delay again. And I'm sure the project will get a lot of criticism from crypto related websites.
Activity: 700
Merit: 10
August 17, 2020, 07:55:22 PM
How is it delayed? Do they gave an exact schedule to launch the ETH 2.0 ?

I think what I read is that it will be launch this year but they are not giving a specific date, so if its delayed, what's the new schedule?

Ps. I'd appreciate if you put some source of the information you shared.
I found the info on cointelegraph news
Activity: 2842
Merit: 772
August 17, 2020, 07:48:43 PM
Greetings to all,

So I found out that Ethereum v2.0 will be delayed, again.
In a recent podcast Vitalik said that technical implementation is bringing difficulties. He also added that in terms of use, some applications may fail and some of them may work flawlessly.

That is too bad if ETH 2.0 will be delayed again. We all know that there's a lot of hype recently pushing the price of ETH to almost $500, a big break out run for them.

Do you think that digging deeper into technical aspect the the team is facing unsolvable issues or at some point everything on the chain will work just fine, just as promised?

In my opinion they should not rush according to the pressure of the community but focus on the upcoming challenges and to delay it as much as needed.

Yeah, their testnet failed and there was a critical bug that was found. Imagine if they go live and then the system suddenly went down abruptly. There will be a lot of negativity again. So it's better to make the system 100% free of bugs before releasing it to the public.

But for sure another postponement will have an impact on the price. But that's another perfect opportunity to accumulate again. Win-win situation.
Activity: 2338
Merit: 757
August 17, 2020, 07:37:54 PM
It's almost necessary to consider that EVM has grown over its journey by fixing occured errors. And this is what make it strong enough to be resistent in this competitive market. As a result, Ethereum can't be evaluated right after a recent update correction. More updates are in shedule  to come.
copper member
Activity: 966
Merit: 5
August 17, 2020, 07:15:34 PM
Considering how big the Ethereum blockchain has grown over the years, I do not see the delay as an unwelcome development, but rather I see it as something that is bound to happen so that the best services can be achieved once it finally launches. Ethereum has grown so much and every step the team takes needs to be accurate to avoid loopholes that will give rise to security breaches. So I believe the team are doing the right thing and just as the community has stood by them till now, they will still continue in that way, because Ethereum is an exceptional blockchain more better than most blockchains out there.
Activity: 2954
Merit: 672
Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!
August 17, 2020, 07:07:57 PM
How is it delayed? Do they gave an exact schedule to launch the ETH 2.0 ?

I think what I read is that it will be launch this year but they are not giving a specific date, so if its delayed, what's the new schedule?

Ps. I'd appreciate if you put some source of the information you shared.
August 17, 2020, 07:01:25 PM
All of the updates must be done in some phases and it can't be done in overnight. it's not only the hype but everything needs a process. You can't expect the ethereum 2.0 can be done in a single update dude.
The POS testnet chain has already launched and it still needs to be tested.
That is not what I said. Was asking jademaxsuy if he belies it's just a move.
Kinda agree with you
August 17, 2020, 07:00:38 PM
I think that at first the technical challenges were not fully considered as upgrading the ETH system will take more than a few months specially when dealing with nodes and branches to lower the fees.  I suppose this delay also takes into account reduced man capacity due to the pandemic, and of course, this is something even Vitalik himself couldn't have seen coming.

As for the hype, well I think some of it is real and some just artificial though, I'd say overall ETH still remains undervalued. Is my view on this something other people view differently?
We will know its full potential and value whet every day consumer will have to use it. Hope this will happen soon enough.
Activity: 952
Merit: 253
August 17, 2020, 06:50:25 PM
All of the updates must be done in some phases and it can't be done in overnight. it's not only the hype but everything needs a process. You can't expect the ethereum 2.0 can be done in a single update dude.
The POS testnet chain has already launched and it still needs to be tested.
Activity: 966
Merit: 260
August 17, 2020, 06:34:34 PM
I think that at first the technical challenges were not fully considered as upgrading the ETH system will take more than a few months specially when dealing with nodes and branches to lower the fees.  I suppose this delay also takes into account reduced man capacity due to the pandemic, and of course, this is something even Vitalik himself couldn't have seen coming.

As for the hype, well I think some of it is real and some just artificial though, I'd say overall ETH still remains undervalued. Is my view on this something other people view differently?
August 17, 2020, 06:31:07 PM
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
August 17, 2020, 06:25:05 PM
It is one of the marketing strategy to delay upgrade since eth had made hype lately due to the said upgrade. See how much eth had made increase lately to which most are interested to invest in it. Even myself had also bought some eth due to this hype. But I know that there is nothing to do with the upgrade and its market price. The only thing that it makes interested is the hype that all users have been talking to and clearly the result is visible. The market price and market capitalization had greatly influenced by this upgrade.
August 17, 2020, 06:07:30 PM
Greetings to all,

So I found out that Ethereum v2.0 will be delayed, again.
In a recent podcast Vitalik said that technical implementation is bringing difficulties. He also added that in terms of use, some applications may fail and some of them may work flawlessly.

Do you think that digging deeper into technical aspect the the team is facing unsolvable issues or at some point everything on the chain will work just fine, just as promised?

In my opinion they should not rush according to the pressure of the community but focus on the upcoming challenges and to delay it as much as needed.
Pages:
Jump to: