Pages:
Author

Topic: Evga 3080Ti XC3 Red Light Problem - page 2. (Read 253 times)

legendary
Activity: 4032
Merit: 7391
'The right to privacy matters'
November 26, 2022, 12:01:33 AM
I replaced the thermal pads and paste with a better ones. (6 pcs in a rig + 6 pcs in a rig)
I power on the rigs. One rig reboot itself after 24 minutes mining. I saw GPU2 has an error in HiveOS screen. Then GPU2 is no longer exist in my motherboard.
I tested it severa ltimes with different risers and motherboards. No help. Then I realised a red light under the PCIE power sockets. There are 3 red light.

One is for PCIE power 1 socket. I m sure, the first light is on if i dont plug the first PCIE power socket. Secod is for PCIE power 2 socket. I m sure, the second light is on if i dont plug the first PCIE power socket.

Third is for Huh? I dont know what is for. The third red light is on all the time. I think there is an error. I m not sure i can RMA or not because I change thermal pads and paste. What should the problem is ? Any idea ?

Try a one gpu rig with a completely different psu.
see if it works.

try it on a windows rig just the 1 card.

and once again do not use the original psu.
legendary
Activity: 3388
Merit: 1059
November 25, 2022, 09:58:48 PM
Do you have a modular psu? Check each wire connection, not just the whole socket.
Activity: 2016
Merit: 608
Online Security & Investment Corporation
November 25, 2022, 08:12:47 PM
I replaced the thermal pads and paste with a better ones. (6 pcs in a rig + 6 pcs in a rig)
I power on the rigs. One rig reboot itself after 24 minutes mining. I saw GPU2 has an error in HiveOS screen. Then GPU2 is no longer exist in my motherboard.
I tested it severa ltimes with different risers and motherboards. No help. Then I realised a red light under the PCIE power sockets. There are 3 red light.

One is for PCIE power 1 socket. I m sure, the first light is on if i dont plug the first PCIE power socket. Secod is for PCIE power 2 socket. I m sure, the second light is on if i dont plug the first PCIE power socket.

Third is for Huh? I dont know what is for. The third red light is on all the time. I think there is an error. I m not sure i can RMA or not because I change thermal pads and paste. What should the problem is ? Any idea ?
Pages:
Jump to: