Pages:
Author

Topic: eWallet (Bitcoin hardware wallet) is now available - page 2. (Read 23271 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I have questions that id ask any hardware wallet vendor, namely how can you provide assurance that you are not I. Possession if either the actually private keys used by the device or a seed whereby you could gain knowledge about what keys will be generated in the future?

I don't even know how you would go about answering that, honestly. But with the community looking to hardware wallets as a means to keep their coins secure, in all honesty, it seems like hardware wallets are little black boxes that require users to place their ultimate faith in the manufacturer of little $100 devices. Everything could go find for years, then one day the carpet could be pulled out.

Not accusing or anything, but how can you provide any assurance?
Activity: 686
FUN > ROI
It would likely be a bit longer if the OP wasn't so voraciously deleting posts regarding their past track record.
Hah - true enough.  By my estimate, 6 pages.

I'm twixt on this.  On the one hand, people should indeed know about the history and read up on past events.  On the other hand, many of the posts were off topic with regard to this particular product, so I just can't fault them for removing those.  I'm fully expecting this very post to get deleted as well, for example, because it's got nothing to do with their hardware wallet.
Perhaps the next forum software can have a section called "related threads", which people can add/vote on.  That'll might get abused pretty quick, but ideally it would allow for threads like this one to have a clear pointer to other threads of interest.
FUN > ROI
Anyone here on this thread can confirm that he received his wallet ?
Come on now.. this thread is only 2 pages long:

( Navigate up to see a quick peek inside as well. )
Activity: 644
My goal is becaming a billionaire.
Hmm , now this thread right here makes more sense : https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ewallet-bitcoin-hardware-wallet-is-now-available-995379
I thought he is the author and creator of the eWallet while he was only trying to quote your thread right here if I understood right . Anyone here on this thread can confirm that he received his wallet ?

~ Madness
Activity: 629
Merit: 252
Surely this is a infringement of a Trezor patent? or are they operating from a country where the patent is not registered?

The 100% Trezor compatible, should mean that they collaborated with Trezor on this product? I am all for NEW and improved innovation, but it has to come from a trusted company before I would store my money on it.

It will be bad for BTC if we allow companies to bring products to market and consumers lose money because of it.

Anyone use this device? { I like the smaller features, but I have my doubts about the security }

Trezor code is licenced GPLv3, which roughly means that anyone can do whatever they want with the code (including producing and selling clones)

Check out http://stellaw.info for some brief analysis
Also, where can I download your firmware binaries?
Yes, we've changed the logo and the name in order not to infringe any trademarks. Please update from Trezor's website with their own binaries if you are not happy with it.

Due to lack of time we have not set up (yet) a git repository or the ledwallet.com website. We'll do that soon.

Please also include Bootloader source.
Activity: 532

Yes, we've changed the logo and the name in order not to infringe any trademarks. Please update from Trezor's website with their own binaries if you are not happy with it.

Due to lack of time we have not set up (yet) a git repository or the ledwallet.com website. We'll do that soon.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1073
Surely this is a infringement of a Trezor patent? or are they operating from a country where the patent is not registered?

The 100% Trezor compatible, should mean that they collaborated with Trezor on this product? I am all for NEW and improved innovation, but it has to come from a trusted company before I would store my money on it.

It will be bad for BTC if we allow companies to bring products to market and consumers lose money because of it.

Anyone use this device? { I like the smaller features, but I have my doubts about the security }

Its pretty clear to me that you have made modifications to SatoshiLabs' (Trezor's) code.

Where can I see these modifications (enough to compile your firmware myself)

Thanks!
Activity: 127
Merit: 100
Coinnoisseur
Yo Blackarrow, send one to me and I'll do an extensive review and post it here.
FUN > ROI
So they ripped off the hardware design of the Trezor, put a different connector/enclosure on and think it's okay to get a free ride on the hard work that has been done by Slush's team to write the firmware?

Well...
In conclusion I'd like to say that it's perfectly ok for anyone to take our open-source product and make his own one,
( slightly out of context - they were obviously not happy about it - see full post for details )

For further context on what sparked that remark:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2t8ppe/now_you_can_buy_a_trezorlike_hardware_wallet_in/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2tvj7y/receiving_a_bwallet_the_trezor_clone/

If anything, using the same firmware should at least do away with security concerns from code changes; no idea how much of the hardware is a straight copy, of course.  I believe its design files are not (yet) open sourced.
Activity: 452
Merit: 250
So they ripped off the hardware design of the Trezor, put a different connector/enclosure on and think it's okay to get a free ride on the hard work that has been done by Slush's team to write the firmware?
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
So this is your product, or you are ''dealer'' ? Cause few months ago group from Czech republic made it as first. I am only asking.
Activity: 532
OP, you need to respond to this.  Other threads on this forum with just a quick search turns up numerous scam accusations as well as numerous acts of seeming bad faith from your company.

Now you want to sell people devices to store their money.  My questions are

1.  Why should anyone trust your technical competence after the botched rollout of your last product.
2.  After the massive loss in dollars to your last customers what are you doing to make it up to them.
3.  With the reports of past criminal activity by members of your team, how can people trust you with their money.

An actual response would be most welcome.  simply deleting all posts will not work, as this forum is full of posts about these behaviors and history.  If you want to continue to do business here you'll need to do something to repair your loss of credibility and an open discussion would be a good step in that direction.

1. Our technical competence has been considerably improved. The staff responsible of our delays has been let go.
2. We're working on that, please move this question to the correct thread.
3. Although the claims mentioned are in error, you don't need to trust us as we run unchanged Trezor firmware. You can update the firmware from their website.

Well, I've got a tracking number from them.  So they are shipping me something.   Should be here by the middle of next week.
legendary
Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193
I am hoping the OP can clarify some of this stuff instead of just deleting all of these posts.

Not gonna happen. The OP creates self-moderated threads so they can try to avoid their horrible history of massive failures.
legendary
Activity: 1630
Merit: 1000
lol another day another list of posts deleted
Pages:
Jump to: