Pages:
Author

Topic: Examination the true test of knowledge - page 3. (Read 735 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 100
November 13, 2017, 07:32:19 AM
Examination is to test the knowledge acquired from what the students have been taught over a period of time. If examination will be a true test of knowledge,some factors need to be considered, the competency and qualifications of the teachers, tutors, lecturers...etc so as to ascertain if the students will be taught the required subjects with the required experience and Quality required . There is also need to consider the environment where pupils, students learn or are been taught, will a pupil learn comfortable learning sitting on the floor or in hot sun under the tree, will a student learn when taught by the lecturers in a jam packed class? If all and other conditions are meet including having a standard library with Books available for students to consult for further understanding of what is been taught and Laboratory , and the students are really drill by giving them constant continuous assessment tests and assignments, it will be discover that most of the  students will perform excellently and above average. And  then can i  be able to  agree that examination is the test of true knowledge, if not, our medial doctors will not be  able to graduate and treat a patient and other, if the examination they write was not a true test of knowledge of what they are taught and practicals inclusive. Also other professions like engineering, Pilots...etc. all under go examination before graduating  as a result of satisfying the examiners based on their knowledge. 

I agree to a point. Yes written exams will test your knowledge to a point. But it is not an absolute test of knowledge. There is this thing called not testing well. I've seen people way smarter than me, well everyone is smarter than me, but this person is actually beyond book smart. But this person also cracks under pressure when taking the exams and would get average marks.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 13, 2017, 07:21:27 AM
Examination is to test the knowledge acquired from what the students have been taught over a period of time. If examination will be a true test of knowledge,some factors need to be considered, the competency and qualifications of the teachers, tutors, lecturers...etc so as to ascertain if the students will be taught the required subjects with the required experience and Quality . There is also need to consider the environment where pupils, students learn or are been taught, will a pupil learn comfortable learning in a class sitting on the floor or on a mat on the ground in hot sun under the tree, will a student learn when taught by the lecturers in a jam packed class? So there are need to put a lot of things in order, If all and other conditions are meet including having a standard library with Books available for students to consult for further understanding of what is been taught and Laboratory , and the students are really drill by giving them constant continuous assessment tests and assignments, it will be discover that most of the  students will perform excellently, good  and above average. And  then can i  be able to  agree that examination is the true  test of  knowledge, if not, our medial doctors will not be  able to graduate and treat a patient and other, if the examination they wrote was not a true test of knowledge of what they are taught and practicals inclusive. Also other professions like;Teachers, engineering, Pilots...etc. all under go examination before graduating  as a result of satisfying the examiners based on their knowledge.  
Activity: 560
Merit: 252
November 13, 2017, 06:18:40 AM
A Lot of controversies have trailed the assertion as to whether examination is the true test of knowledge. What is your take

Statistically analysis of past exams to determine highest probability questions with variance from other years can get you 80+% of the questions. If parrots knew how to write they would all have phds.

This is a pure con game in par with fiat. The goal isn't to educate you... or if you see education as being like a service dog it's great.

Who has the knowledge? The dog or the wolf?

I know. Do you?

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
November 13, 2017, 06:03:50 AM
A Lot of controversies have trailed the assertion as to whether examination is the true test of knowledge. What is your take
Pages:
Jump to: