Pages:
Author

Topic: Example of BTC collision (2 different priv key to the same BTC address) - page 3. (Read 1383 times)

staff
Activity: 4242
Merit: 8672
Take a look at the Large Bitcoin Collider project.
That project is a malware scam. They promote their activity using jibberish technobabble and have been caught distributing actual backdoored software.
Activity: 443
Merit: 350
This user posts an interesting answer which i don't fully understand to what exactly it refers to: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/27027
Anyone cares to explain?

Thank you for sharing!

That user explains that the private keys out of order (bitcoin order is FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFF FFFFFFFE BAAEDCE6 AF48A03B BFD25E8C D0364141, it is the total amount of ECDSA curve points) result to the same BTC addresses from the start.
As an example, the private keys 000000000000000000000000000000014551231950b75fc4402da1732fc9bebb and fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffc leads to the same bitcoin address 136jNVfhtp7mKVfHjfkBcay1cbMG8GsC5Z (compressed).
Good finding!

However i want to find 2 different private keys inside the order leading to the same BTC address
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

Thank you. I have already read that project before making a post here.
LBC just are finding the private key to the address with the balance. Most of their found addresses were just addreses from 32 BTC transaction puzzle.

My question here is about REAL example of at leat two different private keys leading to the same bitcoin address. And it does not matter if that address has the balance.
Without an exploit of sorts, i think it is highly unlikely that that has happend (or could happen.).

Actually finding any pair of different private keys that generate the same public key or address would be quite difficult. Either it would involve a huge amount of computation and/or luck, or it would be due to finding a serious vulnerability in the algorithm(s) used.
See: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/25071

This user posts an interesting answer which i don't fully understand to what exactly it refers to: https://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/a/27027
Anyone cares to explain?
Is there any real example of at least 2 (or may be more) DIFFERENT private keys resulting to the same bitcoin address?

Take a look at the Large Bitcoin Collider project. They have managed to find a few collisions. This page describes in detail what kind of collision the pool is looking for.

Thank you. I have already read that project before making a post here.
LBC just are finding the private key to the address with the balance. Most of their found addresses were just addreses from 32 BTC transaction puzzle.

My question here is about REAL example of at leat two different private keys leading to the same bitcoin address. And it does not matter if that address has the balance.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 3132
Is there any real example of at least 2 (or may be more) DIFFERENT private keys resulting to the same bitcoin address?

Take a look at the Large Bitcoin Collider project. See this post. They have managed to find a few collisions. This page describes in detail what kind of collision the pool is looking for.
There are almost 2^256 possible private keys, and every key could be used to generate the BTC address. However the amount of possible BTC addresses is only 2^160 (because of ripemd160 hash function).

Pages:
Jump to: