Pages:
Author

Topic: Excavator GUI by cTnko - Miner Interface for beginners and advanced users [0.9] - page 3. (Read 11389 times)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Awesome! Thank you that's super helpful.
One more thing, could you please run this command in your browser and paste the output here? (regular Excavator is enough for this, no need to run the Excavator GUI).

Obviously replace the address/port if you changed them.
Code:
http://127.0.0.1:38080/api?command={%22id%22:1,%22method%22:%22device.list%22,%22params%22:[]}

I am trying to find out if there is a bug in Excavator API.

Hi, the fan speed bug is actually caused by excavator it self (i was told it will be fixed in v1.2.11 alpha, which most of AMD users are waiting for).
Regarding the overclock settings in hardware page, the UI shouldn't show the overclocking options when you are just using AMD cards (since Excavator doesn't support overclocking on AMD cards yet).

Would you be so kind to take a screenshot of the hardware section for me?

Regarding the settings recovery, i am currently working on an backup / restore functionality which should be released in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the reply.

I can take a SS of the hardware page, it's the same as I saw in your youtube videos, CPU delta, Mem delta, TDP % and Fan. The problem ATM is I can't run your GUI without Excavator.exe or even a fake one Smiley, because it starts with your GUI and it messes with my fan control, the way to fix is DDU to clean drivers configuration and new driver install. Maybe (it's just an opinion) GUI should only start excavator when a job starts, anyway if it is important the SS I will stop mining and do what ever is needed to take it and post here.

I'm glad to see the configurations backup option will be available in the next release.

All the best...

Ou, i didn't know its that much trouble to recover from the 0 fun bug, sorry to heart that Sad
In this case, could you please just list how the name of your cards are shown in the hardware section?

For example on my machine:
0 - GeForce GTX 1080
1 - GeForce GTX 1070

I am trying to find out the exact naming scheme excavator uses for AMD cards, since the current verification (that should disable overclocking on AMD cards) is failing, i will check the names reported by excavator and enable/disable overclocking based on that.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0

Hi, the fan speed bug is actually caused by excavator it self (i was told it will be fixed in v1.2.11 alpha, which most of AMD users are waiting for).
Regarding the overclock settings in hardware page, the UI shouldn't show the overclocking options when you are just using AMD cards (since Excavator doesn't support overclocking on AMD cards yet).

Regarding the settings recovery, i am currently working on an backup / restore functionality which should be released in the next couple of days.

Thanks for the reply.

I can take a SS of the hardware page, it's the same as I saw in your youtube videos, CPU delta, Mem delta, TDP % and Fan. The problem ATM is I can't run your GUI without Excavator.exe or even a fake one Smiley, because it starts with your GUI and it messes with my fan control, the way to fix is DDU to clean drivers configuration and new driver install. Maybe (it's just an opinion) GUI should only start excavator when a job starts, anyway if it is important the SS I will stop mining and do what ever is needed to take it and post here.

I'm glad to see the configurations backup option will be available in the next release.

All the best...
@Romeo26222 regarding the local IP settings, when you use it (with just the regular Excavator) can you instantly access it from a second pc on the network, or does it require some tinkering in firewall, etc?

As i am testing it right now and i can't seem to access the second PC even though the IP and port is bound correctly (always times out).

Yes I can access it directly from the network
and I made a port forward and no-ip address on my router so I can also access the API from the web also..
check here
http://romeo26222.hopto.org:42000/

That's a smart way of using it, i guess my antivirus/antimalware must be interfering somehow in my case, i will investigate further, thank you for the info!

This is how it will be adjusted in the next release :-)

Activity: 16
@Romeo26222 regarding the local IP settings, when you use it (with just the regular Excavator) can you instantly access it from a second pc on the network, or does it require some tinkering in firewall, etc?

As i am testing it right now and i can't seem to access the second PC even though the IP and port is bound correctly (always times out).

Yes I can access it directly from the network
and I made a port forward and no-ip address on my router so I can also access the API from the web also..
check here
http://romeo26222.hopto.org:42000/
Hi

First I want to tank you, for you work.

Now, some issues I found, in versinos 0.3,0.5 and 0.6, have to do with the hardware page, meaning the overclock, I have 2 AMD GPUs an RX560 and RX580, as soon as I start the GUI, it interferes with my fan settings, putting them on AUTO or something (e.q WattMan set fan 100% it overwrite fan speed but settings on WatMan still at 100%), any setting on your overclock page does not work. Any way to disable or have overclock working. I don't need the overclock function since I use Wattman, but would be nice.

How can I recover setting from a old version to the new one?

Thanks

Activity: 43
Hi

First I want to tank you, for you work.

Now, some issues I found, in versinos 0.3,0.5 and 0.6, have to do with the hardware page, meaning the overclock, I have 2 AMD GPUs an RX560 and RX580, as soon as I start the GUI, it interferes with my fan settings, putting them on AUTO or something (e.q WattMan set fan 100% it overwrite fan speed but settings on WatMan still at 100%), any setting on your overclock page does not work. Any way to disable or have overclock working. I don't need the overclock function since I use Wattman, but would be nice.

How can I recover setting from a old version to the new one?

Thanks

Very nice job here..
I have a question
when I choose to start the GUI with windows, will it run the job automatically or not?
because if it will not run the job it will be useless in case of power cut and pc restarts..
regards

Hi, if the GUI was mining (had active job/s) it will automatically resume the jobs when the power cut or pc restart occurs.
You can test it by having at least one job running, close the app, it will close both the gui and excavator, then start the app again, it should automatically start any jobs that were active before.

In other words, don't worry about it, everything is being taken care of on the restart/autostart end :-)

good, I already tried and it works
one other thing, I want to change the web api port from 127.0.0.1 to my local rig ip address so I can access it remotely from other pc, I can do this from the excavator bat file but from your GUI I can't find that option..

You are correct (currently this isn't possible), because inserting the API address manually could create a miss-configuration (if the IP changed) that would render the GUI completely disabled.
However, i could try to implement this in a way where the GUI would fetch your local IP address and allow you to either use the 127.0.0.1 or the local IP.
Would you be ok with something like that ?

yes this will be great because this is the only issue making me not able to use your software..
one other thing,when the miner starts mining the 1% for you, does it mine with all the GPU and disconnects the mining to my pool or it just use some of the hashing power towards you and keep mining both ways..

Ill try to look into the the local IP feature then, if it will be possible it will be most likely released with the import/export GUI configuration feature that people requested.

The 1% fee uses all GPUs that were mining, it disconnects from the mining pool for a little over a minute and when its done it connects back.
So the hashing values you see in the overview area are always displaying 100% of what the hardware can push out.
Very nice job here..
I have a question
when I choose to start the GUI with windows, will it run the job automatically or not?
because if it will not run the job it will be useless in case of power cut and pc restarts..
regards

Hi, if the GUI was mining (had active job/s) it will automatically resume the jobs when the power cut or pc restart occurs.
You can test it by having at least one job running, close the app, it will close both the gui and excavator, then start the app again, it should automatically start any jobs that were active before.

In other words, don't worry about it, everything is being taken care of on the restart/autostart end :-)

one other thing, I want to change the web api port from 127.0.0.1 to my local rig ip address so I can access it remotely from other pc, I can do this from the excavator bat file but from your GUI I can't find that option..

You are correct (currently this isn't possible), because inserting the API address manually could create a miss-configuration (if the IP changed) that would render the GUI completely disabled.
However, i could try to implement this in a way where the GUI would fetch your local IP address and allow you to either use the 127.0.0.1 or the local IP.

yes this will be great because this is the only issue making me not able to use your software..
one other thing,when the miner starts mining the 1% for you, does it mine with all the GPU and disconnects the mining to my pool or it just use some of the hashing power towards you and keep mining both ways..
Very nice job here..
I have a question
regards

Very nice job here..
I have a question
regards

Very nice job here..
I have a question
regards

Hi!

I am new to this thing. I have successfully used your GUI. It is basically my first day today of mining. I have added my wallet ID as well already and everything is in order. Question is, I came from Nicehash miner and it automatically send me the money to my wallet. Is that the same case as this one? Will my earning automatically go to my wallet? I am a noob here. Thanks for reading and hopefully for responding.

Hi, the payout depends on the pool that you are using (its the pool that sends you the money not the mining app), i am guessing you are mining on nicehash pool? If yo set your bitcoin wallet in the app and started the job without any issues, everything should be in order (you can check the excavator console to see if you got authenticated correctly).

Once you reach the minimal payout threshold the pool should send money to your wallet automatically.
Very nice job here..
I have a question
regards
Activity: 1
Hi!

I am new to this thing. I have successfully used your GUI. It is basically my first day today of mining. I have added my wallet ID as well already and everything is in order. Question is, I came from Nicehash miner and it automatically send me the money to my wallet. Is that the same case as this one? Will my earning automatically go to my wallet? I am a noob here. Thanks for reading and hopefully for responding.
Hi guys, i am currently investigating reports of excessive share rejects while running daggerhashimoto for several hours, have any of you experienced such behavior?
If yes, could you please enable Excavator File Logging (0 - Full Logging) in Settings section, let it mine and when the problem occurs again, shut down the GUI and send me the log file.

Thank you!
I have pushed an small update out for AMD users, since i received reports where GUI wouldn't load due to "no supported device detected", this condition appears to block the API communication.
AMD Support is enabled by default.
The AMD Support enabled/disabled option will now only be visible for machines that have at least one NVIDIA GPU installed, this should prevent AMD users from locking them selves out.

I have also uploaded a short video explaining how to setup the GUI for mining on suprnova - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kV89l1M9y7U (since daggerhashimoto in excavator only supports nicehash and suprnova pools).

Please keep the bug reports and feature ideas coming!

Happy Mining
Pages:
Jump to: