Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange managed to lose 7000- 13000 BTC in Non Payment?(BTC downtrend reason?) - page 2. (Read 279 times)

legendary
Activity: 1932
Merit: 1737
"Common rogue from Russia with a bare ass."
Trans-fee mining was essentially a covert ICO scheme by Fcoin.
By supporting their intrinsically valueless token's price with "real" money and being too full of hubris to do their sums properly, they Ponzi'd themselves; quite funny really.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
I hadn't heard of that exchange, why would they be trusted with 13K btc?

I'm guessing they're not acutally that big and trusted when compared with coinbase or the others (bitfinex, bitstamp etc)... So it probably won't have much of an impact on the price...

And why would you come clean on a massive post on reddit, everything just says they probably scammed or wanted something else from it.
I hadn't heard of them either. They were big in China apparently (at least that's what the volume suggests). Not known to the world outside. I really dont know what to think of it though. Complete mismanagement of funds.
legendary
Activity: 3094
Merit: 1127
Quoting some final words. lol

Final words

"The unselfish beginning will bring disastrous consequences; the greed of human nature is the motive force for the advancement of society."

Things in the world are so ironic. After seeing too many greedy people, I was able to fill them up, and did not forget to call you a silly X. However, I was determined to achieve my career without fear of sacrificing all my wealth, but ended up in the name of a runaway.

Responsible for the end of your life.

To make this story short. This is just indeed an exit scam and all things written are just pure BS alibis.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521
So, an exchange called FCoin came clear that they are unable to pay its users upto 13000 BTC of non-payment. They came clear on a reddit post here. They claim that their exchange wasnt hacked, nor and internal volume run but it was a data error and a decision error. How are these exchanges losing investors/customers money like that and that too at such crazy amounts?

It sounds like they erroneously calculated/credited dividends, and allowed people to trade and withdraw that money. This lead to insolvency beginning in mid-2018:

And why would you come clean on a massive post on reddit, everything just says they probably scammed or wanted something else from it.

Certainly could be an exit scam, yup.
copper member
Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071
https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory
I hadn't heard of that exchange, why would they be trusted with 13K btc?

I'm guessing they're not acutally that big and trusted when compared with coinbase or the others (bitfinex, bitstamp etc)... So it probably won't have much of an impact on the price...

Activity: 882
Merit: 301
Such bs story, he should have gone straight to the point without being overly dramatic to look pitiful. They were unprepared and undermanned from the very start and rushed the launching of their platform. This is what happens when you chase them profits. Greed made them continue despite knowing the mining issues early on.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1081
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
So, an exchange called FCoin came clear that they are unable to pay its users upto 13000 BTC of non-payment. They came clear on a reddit post here. They claim that their exchange wasnt hacked, nor and internal volume run but it was a data error and a decision error. How are these exchanges losing investors/customers money like that and that too at such crazy amounts?
Pages:
Jump to: