Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchange market data manipulation bringing the whole crypto market down? - page 5. (Read 2556 times)

Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
"lists fake data"?Where?
So you think that only one crypto trading platform can manipulate the entire market by just spamming fake data about prices?Are you talking about ethereum price manipulation only,or about all cryptocurrenicy prices being manipulated?Spamming around social media and crypto news websites isn't for free,This requires serious investment.I'm pretty sure that some altcoin can be manipulated by using this method,but it just won't work with bitcoin.
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
Hi guys,
I was investigating the recent market plunge and this is my two cents as to why the crypto market is experiencing this situation.
Some people were tying this to the fake news about Goldman Sachs crypto desk plans change, but I think this is due to an exchange faking data.
The news that BitForex is faking data came around auguest 26th. Now this is what can really be happening on the market.
An exchange lists fake data about the price dropping rapidly, then it buys the real crypto at the discount price (knowing that the price is "fake") on other exchanges.
After this, the same exchange spams fake data the other way around and sells the currency at the real or overvalued price = profit!
Today Coinmarketcap states that BitForex ethereum volume is  $1,090,589,986, which is 40% of the whole market.
I do not see a real economic situation in which this can be true.
The question is when will such hoax schemes of market manipulation stop?
Really, coinmarketcap was such a trusted source of market data and now this is just a very sad situation. What do you think? What are your speculations about the recent price changes?

Pages:
Jump to: