Pages:
Author

Topic: Exchanges lie to you! - page 3. (Read 394 times)

Activity: 1643
Merit: 683
LoyceV on the road. Or couch.
January 08, 2023, 08:23:35 AM
Who would have thought large companies lie to get your money!
Activity: 882
Merit: 302
January 08, 2023, 08:13:29 AM
Yup, but these exchanges are a business and you can’t blame them for trying to promote their company. Even with FTX scam, there are still people that are willing to keep their bitcoins in exchanges. It seems self-custody is a burden to some people, they prefer a third party controls their money for them. Another is people who choose close source wallets, to me it’s practically the same as leaving your crypto in exchanges. Trust wallet was open source until Binance purchased it, now it’s completely closed source. Anything can go wrong and users wouldn’t know about it until it’s too late. This is exactly the reason I distrust exchanges and closed-source wallets.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103
January 08, 2023, 07:03:26 AM
I feel like this is a new trend where exchanges are trying to make users feel like holding coins on their own devices is risky.

This and what CZ said about the 99% of people and self-custody are lies. I have an opposite claim. 99% of people who lost cryptocurrency are people who willingly sent it to a scammer, either an exchange, a cloud mining service, a bitcoin doubler or a fake mixer.
Your crypto is not safe in the hands of someone else!
Pages:
Jump to: