Pages:
Author

Topic: ExchB is closing - page 3. (Read 6016 times)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500
October 16, 2011, 08:29:00 PM
Sorry to hear about this, as said above you, you guys definitely shook things up with the depositing cash at an ATM to get the Bitcoin.  I hope other exchanges take advantage of clever little ways to do business like that.  Good luck to you and your people in your next projects.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
October 16, 2011, 08:22:29 PM
Are you emailing all of your clients?  7 days is a very short window for redeeming their deposits so you need to do everything you possibly can to ensure that your customers are aware of the need to act quickly.
donator
Activity: 980
Merit: 1004
felonious vagrancy, personified
October 16, 2011, 08:03:25 PM
ExchB was one of the top exchanges though. I hope we don't see a lot of exchanges closing. I like to have other options beside MtGox...

Yeah, and for those of us in the USA it was really cool how ExchB would let you deposit cash at a bank and have it available for trading within an hour... pretty sure that was far and away the fastest way to turn cash into BTC.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
October 16, 2011, 07:57:26 PM
Sorry to hear that. I guess this is one of the consequences of low volumes. ExchB was one of the top exchanges though. I hope we don't see a lot of exchanges closing. I like to have other options beside MtGox...
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
You're fat, because you dont have any pics on FB
October 16, 2011, 07:50:10 PM
Sorry to hear that, David, but I'm certain you wouldn't be doing this unless you had something even bigger in the pipeline.  Looking forward to seeing what's you've got in the works.

Yes, I really hope this is the case as well..

I think all "cart" and merchant systems of the like are very important to the bitcoin community as a whole.

Good luck! make us proud!
Activity: 563
Merit: 501
betwithbtc.com
October 16, 2011, 07:46:29 PM
Sorry to hear that, David, but I'm certain you wouldn't be doing this unless you had something even bigger in the pipeline.  Looking forward to seeing what's you've got in the works.
legendary
Activity: 1102
Merit: 1014
October 16, 2011, 07:39:31 PM
Dear Bitcoin community and ExchB customers,

ExchB is closing.

First, we would like to assure our customers that all funds and Bitcoins deposited with us are available for withdrawal.

Over the past few months, we’ve enjoyed bringing a high-quality, easy-to-use exchange service to the Bitcoin community we thank each and every one of you who used the service, provided suggestions, or helped us spread the word. We believe Bitcoin has a bright future and look forward to the many developments that are sure to come.  Unfortunately, the cost in time and money of running ExchB and the funds required to take it to the next level will exceed our available resources.

As of October 16th, 2011, we have stopped trading and deposit activity on the exchange.

All funds and Bitcoins must be withdrawn by October 24th, 2011. For customers who have made large funding transactions, we may request additional information before processing withdrawals. If this is the case, you will receive an email with additional details. Bitcoin withdrawals will be manually approved regardless of amount.

Lastly, we have in development a merchant solution for Bitcoin that provides price stability for customers and removes confirmation delay.  Anyone interested in acquiring and further developing these technologies should contact us.

Thank you,

David Sterry, President
Exchange Bitcoins Inc.
Pages:
Jump to: