Pages:
Author

Topic: Excited for a Chinese cryptocurrency? - page 2. (Read 263 times)

Activity: 2800
Merit: 595
https://www.betcoin.ag
August 31, 2019, 03:10:37 PM

Was this the news about their digital yuan?

I was also looking forward to its update but I'm not sure where to look for updates about it, I have no idea where to subscribe to find Chinese crypto news. There were also rumors about this Chinese project that will compete the Libra but what is confirmed so far as what I've read was the Chinese Goose Q project.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 25
August 31, 2019, 01:16:51 PM
A link will be better to get to read more but I think we are beginning to see hyping with coin to boost people's ego in business and to attract investors into their economy.
legendary
Activity: 2338
Merit: 1354
August 31, 2019, 08:48:54 AM
Well, this could be like the Libra of Facebook. After China creating its own cryptocurrency, which country is next? I believe this will be a domino effect once a particular country launches their cryptocurrency and will get a positive feedbacks and uses too.
I don't really like or appreciate these kinds of cryptocurrencies, just like the Libra or those JPMorgan coins because there are really problems with the decentralization compare to Bitcoin.
Let's see what will happen soon especially on the Chinese cryptocurrency because does anyone will appreciate central-bank-backed digital currency? Hmmm, much centralized right?
Activity: 1974
Merit: 453
August 31, 2019, 08:24:26 AM
As it turns out, all the excitement may turn out to be a bubble. Or is it not? The Global Times refutes the claim that a central-bank-backed Chinese digital currency is soon to be launched. That's contrary to the recent news we've been getting. Let's see what happens next!

A cryptocurrency issued by the central bank? Bitcoin was invented by Satoshi as a currency which can't be controlled or manipulated by the central banks. That was one of the main purposes behind its creation. And now we have central banks (China, Venezuela.etc) creating digital versions of fiat currency, and calling them as cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 551
August 31, 2019, 07:20:05 AM
As it turns out, all the excitement may turn out to be a bubble. Or is it not? The Global Times refutes the claim that a central-bank-backed Chinese digital currency is soon to be launched. That's contrary to the recent news we've been getting. Let's see what happens next!

Any links though?

Well next to Russia, any news that comes out of China today is just pure FUD or fake so I take everything what they say with a bag of salt. They already turn turn back against bitcoin in 2017 and they just wanted to promote their own coins or alt coins in the ecosystem. So yeah, let's see if they are going to rush with their own version of Libra but I doubt it will have a positive effect, in my opinion.
Activity: 526
Merit: 10
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
August 31, 2019, 04:00:12 AM

they only seem to be creating good news for China for investors to pour money into Chinese crypto businesses.
That will make China's money flow increase and its economy will improve as well.
And I also guarantee that the news is definitely not true because the Chinese government did not support cryptocurrency from the beginning
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
August 30, 2019, 07:59:22 PM
Pages:
Jump to: