Pages:
Author

Topic: Existing coins or ICOs? Where will you invest? - page 3. (Read 507 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I always keep a bit of ETH and Bitcoin and about 30% in alts which are low market caps. Usually I see good results over time.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
Its the opposite thing is quite good to do with your current investments capital and methods, the thing is they are totally proven to be profitable given by your timing and trading skills, it should fall for the 70% of your investments then the other 30% for the ICO's, majority are still on development and promotion cycle of the roadmap, full analyzation and researching is a must to hit a solid long-term projects, if your going to buy some tokens then consider to wait for the exchange as some of them may drop beyond ICO price.
Activity: 466
Merit: 100
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
if i am in your position then i think i would rather divide my funds i on the second that is 50:50. Although investing in ICO gives a big advantage over investing in big coins but now it will be a big risk because too many ICOs are popping up and some of them are cheats.
Activity: 1540
Merit: 500
Which one will you prefer or best to invest? Coins with high rates like bitcoin, BCH, ETH and etc or coins with cheap rated below $1 or in ICO token?

I find its worth investing 70 percent of my capital into ICOs which do have good projects and good teams as well. And invest the rest 30 percentage in top listed coins which are high in rates.

What will you advice?

it's important to diversify your investment. If I had to choose one I would go with high rates coin like btc as they control the market. However, I think that's a bad way to invest your money as you have no back up if market crashes.
Activity: 604
Merit: 250
For me, I will invest in both. I will invest part of my money in ICO projects that I find convincing and think I can earn reasonable profit from after going through the project, their aims and objectives and the management team. I will invest the remaining part in stable coins on a long term and watch it yield reasonable profits.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1004
Which one will you prefer or best to invest? Coins with high rates like bitcoin, BCH, ETH and etc or coins with cheap rated below $1 or in ICO token?

I find its worth investing 70 percent of my capital into ICOs which do have good projects and good teams as well. And invest the rest 30 percentage in top listed coins which are high in rates.

What will you advice?
I prefer to invest 50 percent of my capital into Bitcoin and ETH. The rest will be divided into ICO and low market cap altcoins from top 100 to 300.
Activity: 238
Merit: 102
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
I think an existing coin is better for me cause I don't have much knowledge and experience in investing in ICO project so it's too risky for me when I invested in an ICO project cause I can easily invest in a scam one Smiley). But with an existing coin, I can easily choose good coin by check the list on CMC and just choose coin on top 10 or top 5 on CMC to invest in Grin
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
I prefer to invest in existing coins. I think it's safer and has a smaller risk of loss than investing in an unclear ICO for the future
Activity: 798
Merit: 103
I am only investing in existing coin for the moment for a short period. As we don't know if there is going to be a new big correction or not. Also new ICO prices tend to go lower than the ICO price. There may be some exceptions, but it is generally like this.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
Ccfound
i do agree...you are doing great with your decision, to not put your money in a single investment. my advise also will bring you to make more than 60% of your money for ICO just do your own research carefully and give deep attention to 3 or 4 ICO for comparison and pick 2 or 1 of them to invest. now is the right time to invest on good ICO, it will return you more than existing coins. and for investment in existing coin i would prefer to buy waves, its just my opinion and advise based on my intuition and i have made some research on it.
Activity: 639
Merit: 251
I think your way would be good if you invest 50% in more expensive coins like eth, btc and 50% in other coin which price is below e.g. 10 dollars. Of course this coins should be from top 100, then your wallet will be very good
Activity: 2268
Merit: 507

What will you advice?
It's not a good thing. I thought that you should try to invest around 20% to the new coin and then the rest to the existing coin at the market. This to minimize your own risk in ico. If that will be traded more than 10x from the ico price and that's generous profit for you. I guess you should avoid to put a lot of percentage in the ico.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
I'm holding half BTC, half ETH going to invest 10-20% to ICO. Holding a little MTC and UTT for x100  Grin because of their small capitalization.
Activity: 714
Merit: 257

What will you advice?

I like more to invest in existing coins because they are liquid, i can liquidate or enter positions at will. The thing i found with ICOs is that it is best to purchase after exchange listing as there is usually a dump at the start of trading
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250

What will you advice?

I think there is no difference. If you can do an accurate analysis, you can make money from all the cryptocurrencies. The reason is that the main essence of this is to read the news without losing time and to analyze it correctly. The price will change when you are late.
But, non-scam ICOs can earned you a lot of profit than Bitcoin or Ethereum.
Activity: 434
Merit: 49
I invest 60-70% in coins with low cost, which have a great growth potential, and the rest in top coins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 629

What will you advice?
I prefer reliable investments so invest in coins from the top 10. Investing in ICO is still early, as the market is very unstable and recently almost all tokens after ICO have a lower price than on ICO.
Activity: 252
Merit: 0
of course I would choose to invest in bitcoin, because when you make a transaction there is no intermediary party or a centralized governing system. Because the nature of Bitcoin transactions is not centralized but is more widely distributed and open in general.
Activity: 882
Merit: 544
What will you advice?
If possible, I advice you to invest in both for better diversity but if the budget you got will not let you do so, and if you will hold long term, I suggest you to invest it on existing coins with potential. Coins that are already out of the market got the potential to grow more in the future, and the risk involved when buying them is less when compared to the new influx of ICO's(considering it has been stable lately in a low price, and isn't moving at all).
Activity: 336
Merit: 102
I invest in both. Bitcoin and Ether will continue rising in the future and are a safe bet for good return. However if you want much bigger returns (I'm talking never have to work again rich) well then you need to start looking for alternative coins, for example ICO's. If it's better to buy the coins after they reach exchange or invest in the ICO stage I can't tell you since every coin/ICO is different, sometimes cheaper after ICO, sometimes much higher.
Pages:
Jump to: