Pages:
Author

Topic: Experience during the last crash(dip) - page 2. (Read 1196 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
July 22, 2017, 09:18:11 AM
The questions I keep on asking myself are;

1- Why did I sell all coins of my favourite? (I should I have sold a portion but I was thinking I was doing the right thing at that time, I really thought I would increase my 1661 coins to 2500 coins)
2- Why didn't I re-buy when I realised that I sold too early? (I was hoping that the dip/crash would come so I waited and risked)
3- Why did I emotionally act in this way? (When I entered the market, I told myself not to sell and was actually doing good)
4- Why didn't I profit from this crash/dip and actually ended in missing the opportunity? (Now the situation is over and I am having less than coins then before which I expected to have the opposite)
5- Will there be a new crash/dip where I can buy cheaper or will this coin keep on increasing? (I don't know the market enough to answer this and just hoping I will get the opportunity to buy more)

Now only 2 things keep myself less-guilty;
1- I didn't loose any money, just lost an opportunity
2- I have at least re-bought 603 coins and having some gains.

I cannot think of anything else other than this situation. I need suggestions to get this over as I keep on blaming myself.
Activity: 42
July 22, 2017, 09:10:30 AM
To be fair mate I think most people in this forum will have experienced this at least once. You can't beat yourself up over it or dwell on it because it's over and done with. There will always be more chances to make money in this market. The quicker you realise that hindsight is 20/20 and your current self is smarter than your past self, the quicker you'll move on and brush it off.
Activity: 5
July 22, 2017, 08:40:30 AM
I have started to invest in crypto currency 2 months ago, invested in 8-9 coins about 10.000$ in total. This was the amount I thought I wouldn't mind if I loose. In a week, my investment went up to 20.000$ and didn't sell anything and was very happy with the situation. Then I experienced that the market is so volatile and my blockfolio was showing everyday +-1.000$ . When the date got closer to August 1st, I wanted to prepare myself to buy low as I anticipated the crash. I have sold 3-4 of my coins all with gains (not as much as I wanted but still gains) with the thought that I will re-buy them with a larger amount. I was increasing my USDT and was happy with my preparation. I had 1661 coins of my favourite (I will not name it) at 3.28$ in the very beginning. This coin went up to 10$ during the last 2 months but didn't sell it as I trusted in this coin very much. Last Monday I sold all my 1661 coins at 4.11$ with the hope and thought that I will re-buy them at around 2.5$ during the expected crash this weekend and I thought I would increase the number of my coins. However the things didn't go as I expected. I have very soon realised that I sold them too early but was hoping to have a dip/crash and this never happened. I just watched the coin to increase and increase, it caused a lot of pain. During this period, I bought back with small amounts at 5.08$, 5.10$, 5.13$ 5.56$ and 6.64$, now I have 603 coins which is less than half of what I had. I am still keeping some fiat to buy it cheaper but now it is over 7$. I feel so bad about the mistake I made. I didn't loose any money but I feel like I missed the train. I am still hoping that the price will come back down so I can buy but it doesn't seem like it is the case. I have learned my lesson, I should have invested more instead of selling. Now I feel like the only way to feel better is to have the same amount of coins which I had before even if I have to pay more. I am still holding other 5-6 coins and they are all bringing values but the mistake I made with this coin impacted me a lot. During the day I cannot think of something else and i blame myself a lot for selling all. I didn't sell with the fear that I will loose money, I sold them to re-buy cheaper and at the end hoping to have more coins. Did anyone experience a similar situation and do you have suggestions so I can feel better?
Thank you.
Pages:
Jump to: