Author

Topic: Experiences with CoinsMarkets.com? - page 189. (Read 60679 times)

Activity: 350
Merit: 15
January 05, 2018, 05:13:00 PM
Basically we can speculate, but facts are not looking good for coinsmarkets.
Why they communicate on twitter via some other account not own?
They are registered on twitter.

Also, even with small team... almost 4 days down and no ability to fix?
Stories about buying servers which are about to arrive? come on Smiley

Time to go over that Smiley there is big chance that coinsmarkets won't come back.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 05, 2018, 05:09:47 PM
the website is a scam i think. I check everything.
Activity: 10
January 05, 2018, 04:57:56 PM
I would not be worried if they werent censoring the word "scam" in their chatbox.

try typing it, its censored.
Activity: 12
January 05, 2018, 04:52:30 PM
Yeah, just noticed their 0.002 btc withdrawal fee.. that's really high.

exactly
legendary
Activity: 1899
Merit: 1024
January 05, 2018, 04:51:36 PM
One of the biggest hindrances for these crypto currency exchanges is trust, it's hard for them bring on a number of new employees without
instilling a large degree of trust in them that they wont have malicious intent and run off with some private keys.

So most of the teams are not that big and it's hard for them to keep up, it's not just coinsexchange it's literally the whole industry right now.

100% agree, most exchange have trust issue to scale good, some are doing it better like bittrex but they even can`t cope and are closing new accounts opening! (which is smart)
Activity: 896
Merit: 290
January 05, 2018, 04:49:17 PM
One of the biggest hindrances for these crypto currency exchanges is trust, it's hard for them bring on a number of new employees without
instilling a large degree of trust in them that they wont have malicious intent and run off with some private keys.

So most of the teams are not that big and it's hard for them to keep up, it's not just coinsexchange it's literally the whole industry right now.
Activity: 26
January 05, 2018, 04:25:15 PM
This is not a scam, stop with the FUD. Coinsmarkets reached an incredible flow of traffic, with more and more people jumping into crypto, especially that during the Holidays everybody talked about Bitcoins and altcoins. Besides that, other exchanges are closed temporarily for new registrations, so one way or another, more traffic ends up on this market. CM will become a top tier market at some point, hopefully. But there's still something that amazes me.. it's 2018... and they do have for sure plenty of budget.. how come it takes them so much time to fix this? Also, why don't they just disaply an under-maintenance page on their front page and post new updates as well, it wouldn't take long. People are getting angry to click refreshing and seeing the same cloudflare cached page besides no updates. Come on CM, just do it!

Finally, at least one clever comment. I fully agree with the opinion.
Activity: 26
January 05, 2018, 03:18:48 PM
This is not a scam, stop with the FUD. Coinsmarkets reached an incredible flow of traffic, with more and more people jumping into crypto, especially that during the Holidays everybody talked about Bitcoins and altcoins. Besides that, other exchanges are closed temporarily for new registrations, so one way or another, more traffic ends up on this market. CM will become a top tier market at some point, hopefully. But there's still something that amazes me.. it's 2018... and they do have for sure plenty of budget.. how come it takes them so much time to fix this? Also, why don't they just disaply an under-maintenance page on their front page and post new updates as well, it wouldn't take long. People are getting angry to click refreshing and seeing the same cloudflare cached page besides no updates. Come on CM, just do it!
Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
January 05, 2018, 03:16:25 PM
Sure.. it's not a scam Undecided But whats up with the dodgy info about the operator/owner.

Whois lookup.

Contact Information
Registrant Contact
Name: juvo marceles
Organization:
Mailing Address: Surinamestraat 26 2585 GJ Den Haag, amesterdam 2585 Gj NL
Phone: +31.0001220358
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:
Email:[email protected]

Amsterdam isn't even spelled right...

I should say again. In crypto world only and only trust works. i don't care about owner information. Btc-e.com was a great instance. coinsmarkets hasn't scammed anyone until now. They were reliable and i am sure that they will keep this way.

I suggest waiting another 2 days before any judgment about them.

With all respect, seriously 5 days to replace few servers in year 2018?
they did not invest any money in infrastructure before?

I didn't talk about technical problem. But Yes. i said before they should do some major changes. They are unprofessional but honest and reliable.
January 05, 2018, 03:00:20 PM
Sure.. it's not a scam Undecided But whats up with the dodgy info about the operator/owner.

Whois lookup.

Contact Information
Registrant Contact
Organization:
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:

I should say again. In crypto world only and only trust works. i don't care about owner information. Btc-e.com was a great instance. coinsmarkets hasn't scammed anyone until now. They were reliable and i am sure that they will keep this way.

With all respect, seriously 5 days to replace few servers in year 2018?
they did not invest any money in infrastructure before?
January 05, 2018, 02:59:51 PM
Hi Guys,

Stay relaxed. The website will come back. The server update takes more time and the communication
of these guys is awfull. Same thing happened in August when they were out for 6 days !!!
They will come back soon now. You can be sure about that because they are not scammers IMHO.

Good luck,
reiniere.

why did they remove withdraw.php file from servers while rest of content is there?

Site loads from time to time (depends which server you hit) and when you try to withdraw this is what you get:

Not Found
The requested URL /withdraw.php was not found on this server.

The way they communicate all points one direction unfortunately.

It is not that difficult to post tweet with brief information isn't it?
Activity: 1120
Merit: 255
January 05, 2018, 02:36:20 PM

Whois lookup.

Contact Information
Registrant Contact
Organization:
Ext:
Fax:
Fax Ext:

Activity: 107
Merit: 10
January 05, 2018, 02:25:37 PM
Hi Guys,

Stay relaxed. The website will come back. The server update takes more time and the communication
of these guys is awfull. Same thing happened in August when they were out for 6 days !!!
They will come back soon now. You can be sure about that because they are not scammers IMHO.

Good luck,
reiniere.

Activity: 728
Merit: 19
January 05, 2018, 02:17:57 PM
Today is day of scam Cheesy stocks.exchange vanished my money as well and deposit and withdrawal history is wiped haha Cheesy
Seems to be great end of the week .. fortunately small amount of money on coinsmarkets and stocks.exchange.
Stocks.Exchange is working fine.  I don’t see an issue there.
Activity: 5
January 05, 2018, 02:07:54 PM
Today about two times i saw the exchange with coin prices  updated and in the last hours I have always seen the old prices (XP 0.000000090 and now xp 0.000000200), why bother to update prices if it is scam?

What do you mean? The price was not updated, the version that you saw was saved from cloudfare. hmm first or second of january this year

I just saw today prices again made a refresh and showed the prices you are talking with that message "https://coinsmarkets.com/) is currently offline. However, because the site uses Cloudflare's Always Online™ technology you can continue to surf a snapshot of the site. We will keep checking in the background and, as soon as the site comes back, you will automatically be served the live version. Always Online™ is powered by Cloudflare | Hide this Alert0" disapear.", when i saw today price, that message does not appear.

Im gonna take a print next time.

Like as I said, if it was a scam they did not give as much work as they are giving and just shut it down. I'm pretty sure that someday they'll do it but not today.
Activity: 560
Merit: 119
January 05, 2018, 02:05:41 PM
Today is day of scam Cheesy stocks.exchange vanished my money as well and deposit and withdrawal history is wiped haha Cheesy
Seems to be great end of the week .. fortunately small amount of money on coinsmarkets and stocks.exchange.

lucky you, never keep money or alts on exchanges. but sadly this happened. stocks.exchange is still a bit better than coinsmarkets
January 05, 2018, 02:02:29 PM
Activity: 560
Merit: 119
January 05, 2018, 02:00:46 PM
Today about two times i saw the exchange with coin prices  updated and in the last hours I have always seen the old prices (XP 0.000000090 and now xp 0.000000200), why bother to update prices if it is scam?

What do you mean? The price was not updated, the version that you saw was saved from cloudfare. hmm first or second of january this year
January 05, 2018, 02:00:41 PM

There is no update for prices... it's just different version of cached content. For sure withdraw.php file has been removed from serer, so in case you get to server no withdrawal possible.
But in terms of pages.. it just shows different content, depends from which server you pull it or from which cache server it comes.
Activity: 5
January 05, 2018, 01:59:10 PM

Jump to: