Pages:
Author

Topic: Experiment: A signed offer to buy BTC that one may accept by sending the BTC - page 2. (Read 2391 times)

legendary
Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014
Strength in numbers
Interesting. How will the blockchain tell you who sent first if it is a close call?
vip
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1136
The Casascius 1oz 10BTC Silver Round (w/ Gold B)
I am conducting an experiment that I am hoping will generate some discussion about the way bitcoins are traded.

As an experiment, I have posted in the Currency Exchange subforum, a PGP-signed offer to buy Bitcoins from the first person who sends them to me, and using the blockchain as the arbiter of who actually accepted my offer in case there's more than one candidate.  This is clearly an unusual way to solicit a trade, and I'm just interested to see what the outcome is.

The posting can be found here, https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/sold-100-btc-for-1365-usd-paid-by-bank-wire-to-us-account-130318

Part of the motivation for this is that I have this idea for a semi-decentralized exchange using crypto-based escrow and, which importantly doesn't touch anybody's money.  It relies on the blockchain as a way of recording trades, and depends on people to settle the dollar side of their trades themselves (using various methods to enforce it, of which escrow is a part).  Seeing how this offer does or does not go down and the discussion that follows it will help me guess how my idea might be received by the community.
Pages:
Jump to: