Pages:
Author

Topic: [Experiment] Abstract Coin 0.2.1 - page 10. (Read 9078 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
May 30, 2013, 12:39:55 PM
This seems to me to be similar to Ripple, but without the main developer(s) hoarding a chunk of coins(?).

I believe that a system such as this, all the coin(s) should be given away in the open, for all to see.

Then, a value needs to be assigned, then reassigned on a regular basis so not to erratically deflate the currency.

Then, a marketplace desiring such a currency needs to be sought. I have suggested using it as an exchange, of sorts, for all other crypto-currencies.

Perhaps, it's the combined crypto-currencies that backs it with its 1% transaction fee, sans overall expense, that'll increase Abstract Coin's market cap.

Just thinking out loud.
Activity: 323
Merit: 250
May 30, 2013, 09:05:28 AM
i would like some too plz. Just for the funz Cheesy
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
May 30, 2013, 08:44:34 AM
I would like to have some Cheesy
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
May 30, 2013, 04:15:07 AM
can i have some abstract coin sounds awesome ill give u some devcoincs or ixcoins for extra lol
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 30, 2013, 03:27:06 AM
Will you believe you own a piece of Abstract Coin tomorrow?

Not if no one else does!

can you send me some abs coin please....

also twitter of google docs may help

you need a coin explorer that can knit together every thing that each individual sends along, then show a legit chain back to you

also by time, you could say that no new coins issued by you will be valid after this time X thus making a hard limit.

you'll get your freebie tomorrow
tomorrow  the protocol will be refined
it will become more flexible making it easier to deal with / understand how to use.

Abstract Coin is unlike any other crypto that came before it!
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
May 30, 2013, 01:09:13 AM

Not if no one else does!

can you send me some abs coin please....

also twitter of google docs may help

you need a coin explorer that can knit together every thing that each individual sends along, then show a legit chain back to you

also by time, you could say that no new coins issued by you will be valid after this time X thus making a hard limit.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 30, 2013, 12:50:20 AM

Not if no one else does!

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
May 30, 2013, 12:26:22 AM
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 30, 2013, 12:22:17 AM
Abstract™ is a trademark of adamstgBit a private for-profit company. I am breaking their Terms of Service by using the trademark Abstract without permission. Sue me.

With Bitcoin, you hold your own money. You control it.

With Abstract, you don't hold money. You hold debt issued by , adamstgBit a central authority.

As it is debt, they can print as much as they want, when they want. (Aka debasing).

With Bitcoin, miners are required to use their computational power to earn new Bitcoins and transaction fees.

With Abstract,  adamstgBit can issue as much coins as he wants.

With Bitcoin, nobody can spend your money without your private keys.

With Abstract, as the source code has not being released and it is still proprietary,  adamstgBit can change the rules and spend your money.

Bitcoin is v2.0 of money - where you control it in a democratic process via mining. Core network rules are embedded in open source code.

Abstract is v1.1 of money - building on top of existing central banks, and fiat money. Their current marketing efforts are set to overtake and destroy BTC, with their centralized system.

Abstract is a scam.

Abstract Coin doesn't have any particular software associated with it
Abstract Coin is nothing more then an imaginary object.
Abstract Coin operates with a protocol which allow users to transmit pieces of this imaginary object back and forth between any of the users imaginations
Abstract Coin first came into being yesterday night, the imaginary object appear in my mind, and i began to break it up and give it away to people. today i only have a small piece of this object left in my mind, what will happen tomorrow is anyones guess.

Abstract Coin is abstract, deal with it!  Cool

vip
Activity: 756
Merit: 503
May 30, 2013, 12:00:27 AM
Abstract™ is a trademark of adamstgBit a private for-profit company. I am breaking their Terms of Service by using the trademark Abstract without permission. Sue me.

With Bitcoin, you hold your own money. You control it.

With Abstract, you don't hold money. You hold debt issued by , adamstgBit a central authority.

As it is debt, they can print as much as they want, when they want. (Aka debasing).

With Bitcoin, miners are required to use their computational power to earn new Bitcoins and transaction fees.

With Abstract,  adamstgBit can issue as much coins as he wants.

With Bitcoin, nobody can spend your money without your private keys.

With Abstract, as the source code has not being released and it is still proprietary,  adamstgBit can change the rules and spend your money.

Bitcoin is v2.0 of money - where you control it in a democratic process via mining. Core network rules are embedded in open source code.

Abstract is v1.1 of money - building on top of existing central banks, and fiat money. Their current marketing efforts are set to overtake and destroy BTC, with their centralized system.

Abstract is a scam.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 29, 2013, 11:44:32 PM
anyway i want to if this crazy idea can have some level of success

we need to move the coins around to see if it can work
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 29, 2013, 11:19:59 PM
can people edit their  tweets?

No! Only delete them once they are tweeted.

Therefore, they must retweet your tweet for the transaction to be verified. Then their very next tweet shows what they have in their wallet if the tweet/retweet is not designed in such a way as to make that obvious.

the major problem with Abstract Coin is that its difficult to remember how many coins you actually own + your always dealing with 0.xxx amounts, making it dubly hard
even more of a headache will be once people start moving them around a bit, people are going to have to looks at the forum for hours to figure out if it really is a genuine Abstract Coin
at least on the forum we can click the quotes and follow the chain
how would we figure out if an  Abstract Coin is  genuine or not on twitter.
it doesn't have to be easy
it just has to be possible

Hell, you even complicated the problem by only creating one AC, thus from the get-go we're dealing with decimals. But we can worry about/solve that aspect later.

The following is a fictitious example of me passing half my AC to another member via Twitter.

Readdressing the wallet address. If every wallet started with |AC#XXXXXX|, there would be 9 (no 0 as the third char.) X 626 combinations.

Note in the twitter example that each transaction will always be timestamped.

so people see this tweet and then they can retweet and so everyone knows you pass 0.005AC to someone else... could work, maybe better than what we have here.

but maybe if we make some key changes it would be really easy to deal with Abstract Coin
say their is only 1 Abstract Coin and it is not divisible at all
then everything becomes very easy to deal with,
you'd declare on this forum,
"I hereby give you the Abstract Coin"
someone quotes you
and everyone can see clearly who currently owns the imaginary coin
this coin could be seen a unique collectable!

maybe this is the direction i should take this idea... idk
legendary
May 29, 2013, 11:16:24 PM
Using a random vintage tweet as an example, the following is what the timestamp aspect would look like.

legendary
May 29, 2013, 11:04:59 PM

Therefore, they must retweet your tweet for the transaction to be verified. Then their very next tweet shows what they have in their wallet if the tweet/retweet is not designed in such a way as to make that obvious.

the major problem with Abstract Coin is that its difficult to remember how many coins you actually own + your always dealing with 0.xxx amounts, making it dubly hard
even more of a headache will be once people start moving them around a bit, people are going to have to looks at the forum for hours to figure out if it really is a genuine Abstract Coin
at least on the forum we can click the quotes and follow the chain
how would we figure out if an  Abstract Coin is  genuine or not on twitter.

Hell, you even complicated the problem by only creating one AC, thus from the get-go we're dealing with decimals. But we can worry about/solve that aspect later.

The following is a fictitious example of me passing half my AC to another member via Twitter.

Readdressing the wallet address. If every wallet started with |AC#XXXXXX|, there would be 9 (no 0 as the third char.) X 626 combinations.

Note in the twitter example that each transaction will always be timestamped.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 29, 2013, 10:57:23 PM
I will mail
1 physical bitcoin with 0BTC value on it
to whoever can send me 0.2AC

Nobody besides currently yourself has 0.2AC, and soon you won't even have those once you give them all away, forced to buy back any you desire.

price dropped to 0.101AC

Hazard (the first adopter) has 0.1AC

if he can figure out how to send it to someone else,  that person could afford it  Tongue

`
I'm an AC mogul Cool

hey, you just need to convince someone to give you 0.001AC and you'll have the funds!
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 29, 2013, 10:54:32 PM

even more of a headache will be once people start moving them around a bit, people are going to have to looks at the forum for hours to figure out if it really is a genuine Abstract Coin, at least on the forum we can click the quotes and follow the chain

how would we figure out if an  Abstract Coin is  genuine or not on twitter?
legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1000
May 29, 2013, 10:49:57 PM
I will mail
1 physical bitcoin with 0BTC value on it
to whoever can send me 0.2AC

Nobody besides currently yourself has 0.2AC, and soon you won't even have those once you give them all away, forced to buy back any you desire.

price dropped to 0.101AC

Hazard (the first adopter) has 0.1AC

if he can figure out how to send it to someone else,  that person could afford it  Tongue

`
I'm an AC mogul Cool
legendary
May 29, 2013, 10:47:00 PM

The fewer steps, the better, hence needed to design the TX properly the first time, always using the same format.
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 29, 2013, 10:44:07 PM
can people edit their  tweets?
legendary
Trusted Bitcoiner
May 29, 2013, 10:34:26 PM
What's your thoughts on using Twitter as the ledger/blockchain?

Currently, the tweet looks like this: |AC8DG84KD| (0.798AC)AdamStgBit(0.788AC) @PhinnaeusGage

Proposing it to look like this: |AC8DG84KD| (0.798AC)AdamStgBit(0.788AC) 0.01 --> @PhinnaeusGage

The next post after I retweet it would look like this: |XXXXXXXXX| (0.01)PhinnaeusGage(0.01) of which reflects the size of my current wallet.

I'm trying to come up with a simple and easy to read/understand solution since this is all going to be done sans a program.

ya this seems like the next step for this coin to actually have a shot at some kind of value.
not sure how it would all work

Let me show you.

If that was my official wallet, it would look similar to the above. No need to even worry about password(s) because Twitter handles that aspect.

Once you have the ~100 abcents given away, we can concentrate on the trade aspect and assigning value.

hmmmm

could work
Pages:
Jump to: