Pages:
Author

Topic: Expert: Banks are Enthusiastic Towards Crypto, Waiting for Regulators to Invest - page 2. (Read 597 times)

Activity: 593
Merit: 100
BBOD The Best Derivatives Exchange
Accepting the growth of Crypto enabled many banks to move with the new trend. Accept changes more complete and easy to grow, compete with other large banks in the region. Change to continually evolve and accept difference that makes you different from your competitors.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 183
It had to happen sooner or later. Banks have to keep up with the times and get profits from cryptocurrency. However, they will not use it widely if the cryptocurrency is not legalized by the state. Banks operate only on the basis of instructions from the bodies regulating this field of activity. Therefore, their participation in the crypto-currency will depend on how much the cryptocurrency will in general come into our life.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
I guess they dislike the fact that they are missing out and probably loading their valued customers cause a lot of investors are now perfering long investments in Bitcoin than in banks. And moreover, a lot of big organizations are waiting for the same moment to also invest in Bitcoin, this is why we need bitcoin regulation so bad.
I mean if you are a huge bank that is willing to invest couple million dollars into something new than you should definitely make sure it is regulated first. Without knowing how to file for tax returns on your loss or your gain it would be unwise to just let your workers hoard as much bitcoin as they can with the amount of money banks have.

They would require some sort of assurance and laws for them to be comfortable about spending tens of millions of dollars into crypto, considering there are hundreds of banks like that in the world we can clearly say the day regulators start regulating properly we will see big increase in volume.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 753
Again, these businesses are largely going to be targeting other institutional investors within the market.

Even though that yes, their use of bitcoin will represent more demand for bitcoin and potentially when their products launch it could cause a short term spike within the market, I wouldn't regard this as actual adoption.

They're going to be involved in mainly speculation and that's not necessarily anything positive from the standpoint of actual usage of the technology. Obviously, there is no stopping them from doing it when the markets mature a bit more and regulation also becomes more clear, but most likely this news is going to be the source of a lot of FOMO in the future which I think is irrational.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
OMNITY Knowledge, connected
The banks want to make money, so they do not want to escape a field as promising as that of the crypto.
But above all they are afraid of losing their power, so it is obvious that they are studying the sector.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1353
So when are regulators finally going to approve crypto as a viable investment vehicle?
We've basically only seen bad news in that regard, so why would we keep our hopes up for them to finally start regulating crypto?

When? Probably if they think that its about time to really give people want they wanted.  Grin. I also tend to believed that they're just waiting outside for years now, and although they kept on attacking it at every angle, they're going to take advantage of every situation to milk this market when regulations comes into place.

I've gotten into crypto to move away from banks, to I personally couldn't care less if banks weren't able to offer any crypto-related services.
On the other hand, it would certainly be great for the prices, I wouldn't mind seeing another bull run to be honest Tongue

Oh well, it cut both ways, so let's see. I wouldn't mind seeing bull runs because of the outpouring cash coming from institutional investors, but we need to be cautious as well.
legendary
Activity: 1792
Merit: 1283
So when are regulators finally going to approve crypto as a viable investment vehicle?
We've basically only seen bad news in that regard, so why would we keep our hopes up for them to finally start regulating crypto?

I've gotten into crypto to move away from banks, to I personally couldn't care less if banks weren't able to offer any crypto-related services.
On the other hand, it would certainly be great for the prices, I wouldn't mind seeing another bull run to be honest Tongue
Activity: 158
Merit: 11
Omnity - Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight
Banks are interested in investments and in anything that can make a profit, so it would be stupid to think - beyond the declarations on the front - that they are not taking information about the crypto sector.
And probably there have also been investments, obviously protected by anonymity.
Activity: 798
Merit: 527
I guess they dislike the fact that they are missing out and probably loading their valued customers cause a lot of investors are now perfering long investments in Bitcoin than in banks. And moreover, a lot of big organizations are waiting for the same moment to also invest in Bitcoin, this is why we need bitcoin regulation so bad.
I think the problem with huge companies get into bitcoin has always been the accounting problem. Depending on which country you are working in it is not that easy to put some of your investments into bitcoin and hoping it would increase in value and than suddenly even if you make profit taking out huge amounts and explaining that to the authorities that you have invested into crypto.

If there are no laws and regulations it would cause a huge paper work problem and even if there is regulations and laws than you will have to find accountants that would know how to file for tax and your profits will be eaten by the taxes that was put.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
Sure big banks and financial institution want to make money
Crypto market is great way to do that
Because of that banks will force to regulators to  give crypto green light
At the end they will use blockchain technology to reduce fee and improve his service
Activity: 882
Merit: 269
Expert: Banks are Enthusiastic Towards Crypto, Waiting for Regulators to Invest
According to Rebecca Harding, a financial journalist and the acclaimed author of “The Weaponization of Trade: the Great Unbalancing of policy and economics,” major financial institutions are waiting to invest in the crypto market.

Harding, who operates as the CEO of Coriolis Technologies, a trade technology company that provides services to major banks and corporations in the traditional finance sector, said in an interview with Forbes contributor Billy Bambrough that the vast majority of banks are healthily skeptical and curious about crypto.

She explained that banks have started to acknowledge the need to invest in the market to keep up with developments in the cryptocurrency and blockchain space, but are currently awaiting the green light from regulators and financial authorities.

Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanley on the Sidelines
As CCN reported, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, and Morgan Stanley, three of the largest investment banks in the US, have already developed a wide range of products including a trusted custodian solution to serve institutional investors in the cryptocurrency market.

Morgan Stanley is said to have developed the infrastructure required to provide complex derivatives tied to Bitcoin, with the plans of launching Bitcoin swap trading as soon as the bank sees enough demand from institutions for crypto.

To remain relevant in the fintech space and connected to the cryptocurrency space, Harding said that banks are closely working with newly emerging fintech companies to study the cryptocurrency market and will soon allocate capital into the asset class.
https://www.ccn.com/expert-banks-are-enthusiastic-towards-crypto-waiting-for-regulators-to-invest/
This is good news as we are all waiting for the adoption of cryptocurrencies by institutional investors and bankers to come into the cryptocurrencies market.  If governments can come up with some regulations flamwork that can assist investors make an informed investments decision I think cryptocurrencies will become a wonderful things.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 147
I think if many banks really invest in cryptocurrency it would be another whales in this market, a bank will spend a lot of money to save on crypto's.

It is a good step if cryptocurrency and banks are in close proximity, these two places have a vital function in human life, either now or in the future.

So as it won't be a discussion about cryptocurrency will replace the banks or another idea that will make someone pro against one of the cryptocurrency and banks and contradict one of them.

Activity: 546
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
As usual, journalists write without knowing what they are talking about.
It is obvious that the banks are observing the crypto world, also because they feel threatened.
Equally obvious that some investment - perhaps not too obvious - they did.
You will see better when the rules will be clearer.
Activity: 585
Merit: 33
Rasputin Party Mansion
That the banks are studying the crypto is very likely.
But until there are clear rules, they will hardly enter the market, at least on an official level.
However, these are articles that only serve to attempt to manipulate the market.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
I am kind of skeptical but I don't really trust those investment banks. Yes, it may seem great as this means major recognization in global platform. But it rises highly probable chance of another bubble.

Change is inevitable for all us, the people, government, financial institution, and the Banking institutions had to adopt with these Changes in the Market, the entry of Crypto Currency Digital Transaction into the market create a lot question rather than acceptance. This is one of the reason we often see in the news that the Government are opted to Regulate the Crypto Currency Market before a total acceptance into the main stream market globally.
Activity: 1071
Merit: 500
Banks buy money and sell money. It was impossible for them not to be interested in crypto. The banks are for money  almost there and they will quickly works if the regulations are realized about crypto.
Activity: 2618
Merit: 439
Yes, for me there's some truth about it. Banks are here to make money so they're probably waiting in wings to pounce and milk crypto if in case regulations will be put into place. So having regulations has its bad and good effects as well. So let's see if this theory is correct, let's wait if there will be regulation that will make them feel confident in the market to secretly put big investments as well.
Activity: 98
Of course it looks like the banks finally recognzed that they`re losing profits by ignoring Crypto sphere, but nevertheless I`m curious, is there anything positive in this kind of integration?
Doesn`t it mean increasing adoption rate and less volatility?

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
Yeah,the banks are just waiting to pump the crypto bubble,take the big profits and dump it.While they dump the crypto bubble,they will blame all crypto users,the governments,the universe and God,but it will be their fault.
The bankster hypocrisy never ends...
As usual, isn't it? The same banks who claimed to know so much about cryptocurrency being a scam and no sane person should be a part of it throughout last year, are the same category of people trying to accumulate the dips now and trying to instigate that there is a huge future now. Like it is something we do not know already and I have always pitied people who usually listen to them. The same people, who have been stealing from them in years, are the same people who want to be stealing from them again, and the funniest part is that they just give them the chance to do so.

I am not surprised as I have always been imagining this from the start. Banks would obviously not want to lag behind and they will do anything to evolve with the way things are going with money, so looking at the way most of the financial institutions have been getting involved for a while now, it is obvious that banks want in on some action to at least benefit a lot from this space.

I would say the era of seeing the banks trying to come out to rubbish the space is going to pass eventually and we are getting pretty close. Developing a wide range of products by most of the top banks shows some good prospect in the long run.
Activity: 242
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
I am quite happy to hear this news, I hope this news does not lie to boost crypto popularity. when they start running their plans it might be a good start for bitcoin, I can't wait for that.
Pages:
Jump to: