Pages:
Author

Topic: Explain - page 3. (Read 1851 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 529
July 25, 2017, 01:50:50 PM
*They can't track my bitcoin trade.
*They can't watch my bitcoin transactions.
*They can't steal my bitcoin physically from my house.
*I don't need banks to put my bitcoin in safe. We use electronic wallets.

Very easy why bitcoin has supremacy over gold and other metals.
you people absolutely right and well discussed...
I also believe that those reasons are the main criteria for becoming a popular platform than Gold. basically, Bitcoin has some a special feature about security and transaction. not only that, Bitcoin also providing huge value or price rather than gold.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
July 25, 2017, 01:15:57 PM
There is a thread with more than 400 pages that has been running for more than 3 years , why did you open a new one?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-or-gold-508270
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
July 25, 2017, 01:07:22 PM
*They can't track my bitcoin trade.
*They can't watch my bitcoin transactions.
*They can't steal my bitcoin physically from my house.
*I don't need banks to put my bitcoin in safe. We use electronic wallets.

Very easy why bitcoin has supremacy over gold and other metals.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
July 25, 2017, 12:37:51 PM
What do you believe bitcoin is better than gold, explain?

I do not think that bitcoin is better than gold, we do not have any basis to assert it, people are just discussing it by value, that is one-sided evaluation. I like the general look and clarity when I compare anything.
Activity: 462
Merit: 251
July 25, 2017, 12:17:22 PM
Because of the volatility of bitcoin it surpasses the value of Gold, and aside from that many of the traders in bitcoin industry
got their earnings into bitcoin because of that matters. While gold is too slow to increase the price unlike in  bitcoin was very aggressive so much.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 584
July 23, 2017, 02:17:21 PM
I wouldn't say it's exactly better. they already have a lot of difference. Bitcoins no doubt see more price movement than gold, that alone should attract risk-takers. Now if you are talking about supply, bitcoin could definitely be rarer than gold since the maximum amount is predetermined and there are plenty of lost satoshis from unclaimed faucets anyway.

Gold seem more stable to me though. If you can afford its maintenance, you can leave it and come back a century later and it would still be gold.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
July 23, 2017, 11:59:14 AM
Bitcoin is in many ways different compared to gold. First, gold is tangible as bitcoin is not. It would then differ as to how one is better than the other, depending on what terms. People however would tend to rely and have more trust on gold because it is stable as compared to Bitcoin. As regards to their use, I think Bitcoin is better because of its convenience and accessibility.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
July 23, 2017, 10:08:07 AM
Bitcoin is really easy to trade when it comes of profit maybe gold are stable but most of us who already knew about bitcoin we area going to buy bitcoin because it is really expensive than gold you can make profit here without working hard or meeting someone to buy your bitcoins Bitcoin also can send to any other country in a second you can also withdraw it within 5 minutes.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 642
July 23, 2017, 10:01:51 AM
Oh this again.
Time.
Look at how much gold had spent in this world than bitcoin
Physical features.
Gold have it which bitcoin doesnt. (Paper wallet not included)
Bitcoin have its specialty which gold doesnt. It is easy to send which is online that is much used now unlike gold which needs trucks if you will send a lot
Tax also. Dont need to explain that. I am sure you are a taxpayer.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
July 23, 2017, 09:59:03 AM
I do not think that bitcoin is better than gold, gold is a precious metal on earth, it is all recognized, it never loses value. Conversely, bitcoin is just a virtual currency, its value is not fixed, however, it can help people make a profit, so, it is used by many people.
Activity: 714
Merit: 252
July 23, 2017, 09:56:44 AM

Okay let me explain it in different way as the answers are pretty much the same from fellow users. The gold forms an element of the earth which is being "mined since the dark times". It formed the precious element due to its lucrative properties and attractive nature. Then it gotten a value of prestige in the royal family and the characters of which descended down to light ages. The gold became popular in middle class who were able to afford it and they all started the gold rush. This metal then got attracted by science. Various experiments started heading up in the field and different ways of artificial reaction started taking place. But due to unimaginable forces of atoms the element was not worth creating in the laboratory.

This story just adde the value to gold by thousands of dollars until now. Then the modern world gotten it listed over stock exchange because it is more valuable than anything in the periodic table.

Letter on, a guy with information technology knowledge and problem solving capabilities comes into effect and one day he develops an idea of doing transactions by using smart mathematical formulas and making it most secure decentralised system. That man gave birth to blockchain technology and created satoshi units to measure the transitional data bits. Today the value of that bit become so much that it got listed on stock exchange as well. The whole idea got people's attention and now they started mining the bitcoin in modern world.

Do you see any difference in them? I would say a biggest difference. Bitcoin is not in the periodic table but gold is. The only similarity is both are mined!!

I hope that make sense now why both of them must not be compared.
Activity: 364
Merit: 130
July 23, 2017, 09:15:53 AM

It depends on how you value. If in terms of popularity, of course gold is still very far above the bitcoin, because gold is known since the time of our ancestors and until now, still used by the lower class to the top, even those who have low and high education know what gold, bitcoin is known only by few people. if viewed from the price, finally in this year bitcoin can go beyond gold, even already far past it. If viewed from investment opportunities, I think it's the same nature, depending on how to manage our own investment, the difference is, bitcoin price jump is very high compared to gold, therefore, some people choose bitcoin than gold.
Activity: 924
Merit: 500
July 23, 2017, 08:41:55 AM

It would be very hard to compare this two items as they exist on different fields. One exist in a digital plane where you can see its imprint and be able to program it while one is in the physical where it can be easily sold and can be hidden and even if the technology shits down can still have value. That I think is its sole difference.
Activity: 308
Merit: 105
July 23, 2017, 08:29:26 AM
the gold is the gold, a bitcoin is a bitcoin - its a different worlds. If sometimes economists will go away from the real gold, the chemists and jewelerist will not go far throw hims. it is a physical and real unit
Activity: 490
Merit: 501
July 23, 2017, 03:18:29 AM

Silly, I think we should not compare different products that have no substance in common. Bitcoin is digital currency, it is completely different from gold. Gold is a valuable substance in human society, comparable in no way.

I believe the same thing...comparing gold to Bitcoin or vice versa is not doing justice to both. Gold has been called as the safe haven for many reasons and number one on the list is that is is very stable and not volatile which characterize Bitcoin. They both have different uses...gold is used to backed fiat currencies and while Bitcoin is not. When Bitcoin is getting popular it does not mean that gold's value is diminished somehow. Gold has many uses which Bitcoin can not replaced and of course, same is true vice versa. 
legendary
Activity: 1666
Merit: 1285
Flying Hellfish is a Commie
July 22, 2017, 10:54:45 PM
These two are things that shouldn't be compared as they just aren't the same thing, for one Gold is a commodity it's something that people buy for short or long term investment opportunities and that's really all the usage it has (besides the usage it has in electronics but we're going to leave that out) Bitcoin on the otherhand is a currency, it's accepted by people for goods and services and even if this is a small community that accepts it, the community is still present.

Bitcoin can be used for investments, and is used but that's not the main purpose of it in the least. Pretty much just like Gold should be used for investments.

So, neither is better.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
July 22, 2017, 08:56:39 PM
Imho bitcoin is still underpriced and all opportunities are not yet uncovered. Untill that time  BTC still gona be a risky instrument of investment. When people invest in gold they usually want to save their money (for example from inflation) but when they invest into crypto they expect to get some income for the risk they take holding it.
other users that have btc on their wallet will convert them as soon as possible so that their account to be safe. But, there are other also wait the rise of the btc price before converting it. While their money in the bank or their gold,.. Money by the way will considered as gold. They keep on saving specially on their trusted banks. But yes btc will be useful in purchasing online services so it needs to manage the use of the two btc and gold (money). They have common in use but they differ in where and how it is transact.
Activity: 924
Merit: 148
July 22, 2017, 08:10:50 PM
Imho bitcoin is still underpriced and all opportunities are not yet uncovered. Untill that time  BTC still gona be a risky instrument of investment. When people invest in gold they usually want to save their money (for example from inflation) but when they invest into crypto they expect to get some income for the risk they take holding it.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
July 22, 2017, 02:02:32 PM

You should have written this exact question as the thread's title. It's really stupid to have a thread where you have to open the whole thing before you even know what's the topic all about. The topic title is there for a reason OP, please learn it.

Also, this topic has been heavily discussed in previous threads before. No point it creating another thread about it.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
July 22, 2017, 01:37:38 PM

actually,it's different between Bitcoin and Gold.
althought both of them are yellow but they're different,
Bitcoin is cryptocurreny that mean a 'Currency'
and Gold is a shining item(some people called it jewelry).

other than that,both of them have different function,
Bitcoin used as a payment point for people,
and Gold used as a decoration for human.

for us,Bitcoin is more useful because it can be used as a payment point,
which means every people can buy and sell their items for Bitcoin and then Bitcoin can be exchanged into real cash/fiat.
how about gold ? it's an assets,that's it.(actually i don't know what is other function for gold except :decoration)
Pages:
Jump to: