Pages:
Author

Topic: EZ 6x 1080 TI GPU Mining Rig Build 4400 Sols / 1 PSU - page 2. (Read 1622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030
Hye,

Just watch your vid,

how much in total for having mining rig exactly like in your youtube?

because seems cant find exactly that nvidia 1080TI you using

http://amzn.to/2jwsQI2 ? different with your video ?

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GTX-1080-AERO-11G/dp/B06XXGNZB3
 is the GPU he is using in the video, but like any blower card the cooling is less effective than a good fan-based card like the Aorus or even the EVGA SC.
 ASUS makes a very similar model if you LIKE the blower cards, and IT tends to be in stock more regularly - and left off the DVI connector for MUCH better cooling airflow and somewhat better temps.
 Shouldn't be an issue when it's being run at 80% or less of TDP (200 watts on every 1080ti I am aware of is 80% TDP, but there might be a few out there that have a default TDP higher than 250 watts) but cooling on a 1080 ti tends to get painfull if you are pushing the card and it's NOT a good high-end cooler card like the Aorus (the MSI Duke mentioned as an alternate should also have very good cooling).

Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Awesome post, cheers for the info!

Any chance you could put the total you paid for the rig and what sort of returns you are getting atm?

Might help others decide if they want to follow along with your selections Smiley
Activity: 630
Merit: 502

1080 TI RIG FULL PARTS LIST
https://goo.gl/Jyw38u Parallel Miner Rev2 Frame (Shown)

Nice video as usually Smiley. But frame! for 400 bucks is too expensive. 110$ PSU + 6 risers of 5$ and 3 fans for even 10$. So just alluminium frame for more than 200$ ! The cost of materials is about 20-30$ maximum and the work to made it no more than 50$
Frames $100+ is pure price gouge.
Activity: 405
Merit: 136

1080 TI RIG FULL PARTS LIST
https://goo.gl/Jyw38u Parallel Miner Rev2 Frame (Shown)

Nice video as usually Smiley. But frame! for 400 bucks is too expensive. 110$ PSU + 6 risers of 5$ and 3 fans for even 10$. So just alluminium frame for more than 200$ ! The cost of materials is about 20-30$ maximum and the work to made it no more than 50$. Also fans of 4500 rpm - it like a Boeing at take-off
Activity: 420
Merit: 105
German Translator - Hire me on Bitcointalk!
How much do you pay for your electricity?
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
Hye,

Just watch your vid,

how much in total for having mining rig exactly like in your youtube?

because seems cant find exactly that nvidia 1080TI you using

http://amzn.to/2jwsQI2 ? different with your video ?

legendary
thanx for sharing the video
but i can point to the few points if I may
the cards - man, how you can even compare asus turbo and asus strix? from all cards you have there - there is only one card which worth its price - strix. it just much better for everything - clocks, noise, tempertures ad so on. if you will flash it with OC bios it will outperform all other cards you posted by 15%, for the same price!
and one more - the PSU, it just no need to pay this price for that psu. Take two 1KW Corsais for $300 and have 2KW of power instead 1.6KW for $400+
that's all)

I wouldn't go with Corsair - but a pair of EVGA G2 or Seasonic X units in the same price ballpark would work for me.

My current B250 Mining Pro is running a pair of G2 850s and is specifically set up to (eventually) run 6 x 1080 ti before I add a 3'd PS and more risers eventually - and I got them on that Newegg sale at $109 each.

Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Liking the frame. Im after one in the uk but shipping from paralell miner is $90  Shocked Ive emailed them about maybe finding a cheaper method or even flat oacking and i assemble it myself  but no reply yet. I wont need the risers just the frame and fan board.
Hopefully they can make something happen for you, would be cool if they offered a package that as you said needs a bit more assembly but more compact and affordable to ship overseas! Let me know how it goes I'm curious

Turns out they can’t do anything on the shipping price and offered a very minimal discount. Had a good look around locally and can source almost the exact same box section and fixing system for less than half the cost. Looks like a diy build is coming  Grin Just need dimensions/measurements of the box sections in their frame now  Roll Eyes
legendary
The EVGA 2-connector cables don't have enough reach to do that, but from a power draw standpoint it would be fine.
You could use an "extender" cable to make it work - or just plan on powering the risers from MOLEX instead.

Activity: 50
Merit: 1
Question about that EVGA 1600 T2,
If I was to use GTX 1070 TI's could I use each of the VGA power slots to power both the 8 pin on the 1070 TI card, and use the six pin to power the Riser? with just one of the VGA slots?
thus allowing that one power supply to power 9 (undervolted) 1070 TI's along with 9 risers using only the available VGA slots?
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
Awesome build. Good job Vosk. Your mining rigs are always so unique and entertaining. Tell me one thing tho, with that EVGA PSU, are the 6-pin cables marked as "CPU" useable to power PCIE risers or even the GPUs themselves?
Activity: 1414
Merit: 487
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Liking the frame. Im after one in the uk but shipping from paralell miner is $90  Shocked Ive emailed them about maybe finding a cheaper method or even flat oacking and i assemble it myself  but no reply yet. I wont need the risers just the frame and fan board.
Hopefully they can make something happen for you, would be cool if they offered a package that as you said needs a bit more assembly but more compact and affordable to ship overseas! Let me know how it goes I'm curious
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Great video!

Though I'm not sure splitting cables should be encouraged to newbies - which I assume the video is mostly aimed for.

The problem comes when a couple of cards crash after a few days or even weeks and the miner restarts (manually or automatically if set up that way) so the crashed cards will mine at default settings, at 300W or whatever the default power limit is for your cards. Can be annyoing and even dangerous, especially with all the splitting. I'd definitely take a thermal imaging camera if you can get you hands on one and look at how each cable is doing after hours of load, maybe even trying different algos and power limits.
thanks Cheesy

Definitely something I can look into, is this a possibility with smOS? my understanding is that the card receives its PL from smOS then begins to mine --- if they pulled max wattage the PSU should kick off prior to an issue arising from the splitting and even so

with these cards do you think 2 1060 3gb could pull enough split on one pcie cable to cause an issue?

/// wouldnt you rather split a pcie than split a sata  -- not giving you attitude or anything serious questions
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
the cards - man, how you can even compare asus turbo and asus strix? from all cards you have there - there is only one card which worth its price - strix. it just much better for everything - clocks, noise, tempertures ad so on. if you will flash it with OC bios it will outperform all other cards you posted by 15%, for the same price!
and one more - the PSU, it just no need to pay this price for that psu. Take two 1KW Corsais for $300 and have 2KW of power instead 1.6KW for $400+
that's all)

I agree on the PSU, the point was just if you want minimal parts / simplicity here's an option --- if its your first rig build I think a single PSU setup is less daunting than a dual psu setup or pico psu setup

I'm all for a discussion on breaking down some numbers for each card -- what's the strix produce @ what power consumption
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
nice setup and nice video! Well done!
Thanks man really appreciate that, thanks for watching Cheesy
YouTube.com/VoskCoin
Slightly OT but I'm waiting for that mining shed video Vosk Wink I'm lacking capacity for any more rigs ATM
haha coming soon xD Hoping to get that video out in the next week as part of my december farm update, anything in particular you want me to focus with on it?
Activity: 2492
Merit: 621
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
that's all)
Activity: 134
Merit: 12
nice setup and nice video! Well done!
Activity: 689
Merit: 253
Slightly OT but I'm waiting for that mining shed video Vosk Wink I'm lacking capacity for any more rigs ATM
Pages:
Jump to: