Pages:
Author

Topic: F2Pool started signalling Segwit - page 2. (Read 5765 times)

legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 10611
April 02, 2017, 01:03:14 AM
Now for those interested, clearly f2pool used the trolling opportunity from April 1st as a way to lead into some other kind of protest or flag that remains cryptic until they post something else on their twitter. Unless someone already knows what they mean?
Now they've dropped the EXTBLK in their signature but still maintain bit 3 enabled with version 0x20000004. Interestingly they still have the OP_RETURN in their coinbase consistent with segwit.

is this it?:
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2015-May/008356.html
-ck
legendary
Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631
Ruu \o/
April 02, 2017, 12:44:45 AM
Now for those interested, clearly f2pool used the trolling opportunity from April 1st as a way to lead into some other kind of protest or flag that remains cryptic until they post something else on their twitter. Unless someone already knows what they mean?
Now they've dropped the EXTBLK in their signature but still maintain bit 3 enabled with version 0x20000004. Interestingly they still have the OP_RETURN in their coinbase consistent with segwit.
Activity: 336
Merit: 265
April 01, 2017, 11:55:37 PM
go looking elsewhere for what their bitcoin signalling change means...

I already told you it means anyone who cares about it is a Bitard maximalist idiot who doesn't understand:

F2pool is signalling many things including segwit and BU

Not on Litecoin. F2Pool is only signaling SegWit on Litecoin.

They seem to be testing which code is best for their system. I personally think that there is no need for a fork what we need is to upgrade and secure the bitcoin protocol then how the blocks delay should be fix.

That is what ignorant fools believe.

The signaling on Bitcoin is a diversion designed to fool you (so they can laugh at Bitard maximalists who don't comprehend that Bitcoin will prosper only if Litecoin gets SegWit). The smart people are looking at Litecoin. Nothing will happen on Bitcoin. Nothing.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 01, 2017, 11:17:32 PM
Do you think he signaled Litecoin as an April fool's joke also?

No. Why are you assuming what level of importance I'm placing on the litecoin behaviour? My issue is you keep derailing this thread away from the bitcoin signalling discussion.

My issue is you are derailing the thread from relevant discussion of today's event to nonsense discussion. But Mr. Wong intended for the fools to waste their time on the noise. And for the smart to focus on the information. It was a test, and you are failing the test.

Note the OP mentions the Litecoin signaling. So please stop play uppity politics Mr. Staff. Sorry if your control-freak ego is hurt. So do you want to do censorship now.

Now you are really taking the thread far off course in more needless squabbling.
You win, I'll put you on ignore and go looking elsewhere for what their bitcoin signalling change means... or just continue the discussion here since I won't have to see you humping my leg like an excited dog in heat about your litecoin signalling discussion; I get it - you're excited because litecoin will be stronger than the foundations of the earth and worth quadrillions of dollars and make you richer than your wildest dreams as a result.

Activity: 756
Merit: 253
April 01, 2017, 11:11:11 PM
I basically disconnect from internet on 1st April to ignore all the stupid jokes. Let wait another 24 hours to see if F2Pool still signal Segwit or switch to BU. I guess Chun is also bored by the debate  Huh

I thought people had stopped appreciating April fools day and so we were free of these internet nonsense and gimmicks but as it turns out they played us with something even more serious so I agree let's wait for the 24 hours to find out about the authenticity of the signaling.
Activity: 552
Merit: 250
April 01, 2017, 10:36:29 PM
I basically disconnect from internet on 1st April to ignore all the stupid jokes. Let wait another 24 hours to see if F2Pool still signal Segwit or switch to BU. I guess Chun is also bored by the debate  Huh
April 01, 2017, 10:34:38 PM

No. Why are you assuming what level of importance I'm placing on the litecoin behaviour? My issue is you keep derailing this thread away from the bitcoin signalling discussion.

My issue is you are derailing the thread from relevant discussion of today's event to nonsense discussion. But Mr. Wong intended for the fools to waste their time on the noise. And for the smart to focus on the information. It was a test, and you are failing the test.

Note the OP mentions the Litecoin signaling. So please stop play uppity politics Mr. Staff. Sorry if your control-freak ego is hurt. So do you want to do censorship now.

Now you are really taking the thread far off course in more needless squabbling.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 01, 2017, 10:30:26 PM
April 01, 2017, 10:07:15 PM
So yes there is something else going on which I'm trying to get an answer to but you keep talking about litecoin. And no, not everyone wants every bitcoin thread derailed by a discussion regarding litecoin news.

Why don't you try to open your eyes to the big picture.
April 01, 2017, 10:03:04 PM
April fools over, f2pool stopped signaling SegWit, back to nothing.

Wang Chung is a helluva troll.

That is what fools will think. Please don't bother to read my posts, you might actually learn something new.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 01, 2017, 10:02:42 PM
Not quite, they're signalling something but I can't make out what it means.

It's signalling version 0x20000004 and saying /EXTBLK/... anyone know what that is?

I don't see any reference to bit 3 for BIP009 nor EXTBLK's meaning.
Activity: 268
Merit: 250
April 01, 2017, 09:59:01 PM

Wang Chun is a helluva troll.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 01, 2017, 09:42:33 PM
As I said, I don't even know why you would bother to report about the BTC signaling nonsense.
...Because that's what this thread was about  Huh

Was it.

Who ever mines BU will lose all the money they spent on mining it. So that 50% threshold means nothing. Any fork of Bitcoin will be attacked ruthlessly by those who have enough resources to destroy any miners foolish enough to try.

The large miners/pools know this. The April's fool joke is on anyone who believes that signaling means anything on Bitcoin. It doesn't.

The Litecoin signaling was the information today. The other stuff was noise.

...Sheesh.

It's signalling version 0x20000004 and saying /EXTBLK/... anyone know what that is?

So yes there is something else going on which I'm trying to get an answer to but you keep talking about litecoin. And no, not everyone wants every bitcoin thread derailed by a discussion regarding litecoin news.
April 01, 2017, 09:39:24 PM
As I said, I don't even know why you would bother to report about the BTC signaling nonsense.
...Because that's what this thread was about  Huh

Was it.

Who ever mines BU will lose all the money they spent on mining it. So that 50% threshold means nothing. Any fork of Bitcoin will be attacked ruthlessly by those who have enough resources to destroy any miners foolish enough to try.

The large miners/pools know this. The April's fool joke is on anyone who believes that signaling means anything on Bitcoin. It doesn't.

The Litecoin signaling was the information today. The other stuff was noise.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 01, 2017, 09:23:28 PM
...Because that's what this thread was about  Huh
April 01, 2017, 09:22:19 PM
and last I checked this is the bitcoin discussion section of the bitcointalk forums.

As if the Litecoin situation isn't intimately tied into what is happening with Bitcoin.

As I said, I don't even know why you would bother to report about the BTC signaling nonsense. Nothing SegWit or large block related will happen on Bitcoin.

Don't miss your uppityunity Mr. Staff.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 01, 2017, 09:20:27 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Are you still talking about litecoin? There is no doubt their BTC signalling was an April fool's trolling since they signalled every proposal for April 1st only.

I thought you were referring to Litecoin. So I take it now you are referring to them not signaling on Bitcoin. Got it.
That's what I said "confirming its BTC signalling", and last I checked this is the bitcoin discussion section of the bitcointalk forums.
April 01, 2017, 09:19:39 PM
What the hell are you talking about? Are you still talking about litecoin? There is no doubt their BTC signalling was an April fool's trolling since they signalled every proposal for April 1st only.

I thought you were referring to Litecoin. So I take it now you are referring to them not signaling on Bitcoin. Got it.

I don't care that they stopped doing nonsense on the Bitcoin signaling. It was all nonsense any way.
-ck
legendary
Ruu \o/
April 01, 2017, 09:18:17 PM
confirming

How is that confirmation of anything?

The economics will rule.

Perhaps they want to make some money by seeing how many LTC traders will dump back to them. Sell high, buy low is what they doing.

Or other chess moves going on behind the scenes.

I've read the F2Pool long ago said they would support SegWit on Litecoin, but just in any definite timeframe.

Of course they have to maximize their profits and strategy along the way.
April 01, 2017, 09:16:28 PM
confirming

How is that confirmation of anything?

The economics will rule.

Perhaps they want to make some money by seeing how many LTC traders will dump back to them. Sell high, buy low is what they doing.

Or other chess moves going on behind the scenes.

I've read the F2Pool long ago said they would support SegWit on Litecoin, but just in any definite timeframe.

Of course they have to maximize their profits and strategy along the way.

A chart communicates more effectively than 1000 words...

That chart is clearly indicating that Bitcoin can't move higher until Litecoin catches up.
Pages:
Jump to: