Pages:
Author

Topic: Facebook Going Crypto | Your opinion? - page 2. (Read 220 times)

uzi
Activity: 40
Merit: 0
May 03, 2019, 04:08:24 PM
Hello, I was looking through some crypto news and noticed the name of popular social media in the listing. Hm, interesting - was the first reaction. But the more I was reading, the more I was wondering what the benefit for social media users is. The talk is about Facebook.

Most likely you already know that Facebook has decided to come up with its on cryptocurrency and is currently searching for venture capitalists to obtain investments and, thus, build cryptocurrency-based payment system.

No doubt, this is a new source of money for Facebook as a corporation. Especially considering the recent scandals they had, i.e. considering privacy.
They want to secure their flows of profit. But how about users of Facebook?

As with including ads in Instagram some time ago, adding crypto transactions into WhatsApp can actually devalue social media for users.
To my mind, people are mostly using social media to stay social - communicate with friends, make some business contacts (if speaking about LinkedIn). They are not looking for buying something, for this purpose they go to online and offline shops, use Google to find what they need.

So my concern is: Do these social media corporations really think of the users or mostly about their own value?
Will be nice to know your opinion.
Pages:
Jump to: