Pages:
Author

Topic: Factor behind the rise and fall of Bitcoin price - page 2. (Read 206 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 280
Good day my fellow Bitcointalk members, i have been longing to ask this question, so I decided to come to you guys to learn from your wisdom rather than having a random online search which seem confusing most times.
Please I want to know the factor behind the rise and fall of Bitcoin price?
Some say its influenced by supply and demand but I need more conviction.

Thanks in advance guys.

And what, ultimately, could be other reasons than supply and demand? Bitcoin is decentralized, so there is no way to force anyone to sell or buy it.

Accordingly, your question goes deeper, what is the reason for the rise or fall in demand for bitcoin at some points in time, which then affects its rate. And, as mentioned above, there are many such reasons: from the expectation of the arrival and actual entry of large players into the market and, accordingly, the exit of other large players from the market, to the adoption or ban of bitcoin in individual countries. Also, large players can engage in buying or selling bitcoin to stimulate further buying or selling on some informational occasion. And there are many other natural or artificial reasons for increasing demand or supply.

But in the end, it still depends on supply and demand.
Activity: 2408
Merit: 564

Thanks in advance guys.
That's true, it's actually the suppy and demand. And those factors are also affected by some other things like the news that spreads quickly through the web.
Like what you're seeing today, the price plummeted a lot and that's how that news of Space X's sell off affected the market entirely. There are also other factors but that's the majority as of the moment.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1094
Bitcoin total supply is 21 million BTC
Circulating supply is 19.46 million BTC
Through halving, the supply introduced into circulation is reducing. It was first 50 BTC. After 210000 blocks, it reduced to 25 BTC and so on. It is 6.25 BTC now and it will reduce to 3.125 in the next halving and so on.

The law of demand of a product, is that the higher the demand the higher the price of the product.
The law of supply of a product, is that the lower the supply the higher the price.

Satoshi made bitcoin total supply to be 21 million. It is not increasing.

As people buy more bitcoin with the constantly reducing supply into circulation and total supply of bitcoin of 21 million, the price is increasing. People know this and they buy more bitcoin.
Activity: 2310
Merit: 757
Bitcoin = Financial freedom
There is a dedicated board called Speculation, which explores what is affecting the price of bitcoin from time to time based on different aspects.

In general
the factors behind the rise and fall of Bitcoin's price:

Market Sentiment
Supply and Demand Dynamics
Institutional Adoption
Regulatory News
Technological Developments
Macroeconomic Factors
Market Manipulation
Media Coverage
Technological Challenges
Market Liquidity
External Events

Activity: 266
Merit: 187
Bitcoin!!
Good day my fellow Bitcointalk members, i have been longing to ask this question, so I decided to come to you guys to learn from your wisdom rather than having a random online search which seem confusing most times.

Thanks in advance guys.
Pages:
Jump to: