Pages:
Author

Topic: factory reset wiped my files dont have private key? - page 2. (Read 1694 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Scam ICO hater
wow you are lucky if you get back and the file is not corrupted. Make sure you are restoring on another computer and not overwriting the source disk. Also try to recover it yourself before going to a service. They may as well take your coins.
legendary
Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846
I found the wallet.dat file what is next step to take?

Test if it's corrupted by installing Bitcoin core and opening the wallet.dat file with it. You can do that after installing Bitcoin core by opening a folder called Bitcoin using the instructions in the quote. After the folder is open you should be able to see a file named wallet.dat inside it. Replace that file with the wallet.dat you recovered and start Bitcoin core. If it's not corrupt Bitcoin core should show addresses from the wallet.dat in its GUI.

Click the windows start button, then copy and paste the line of text below into the search box that appears, then press the enter key to open the hidden folder containing your Bitcoin wallet.dat file.

%appdata%\Bitcoin

This is what your search box should look like after you have copied and pasted the line above into it.

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
I found the wallet.dat file what is next step to take?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1218
Change is in your hands
You should be looking for wallet.dat file, also use a software like EaseUs recovery.. it is your only chance.. I don't get one thing, why do people don't back up their seeds . It hardly takes 5 minutes to write them down.. anyway good luck with the recovery..
I have a few btc on the bitcoin core.  I ran factory reset and did not install any other programs once this was completed. I'm not sure if files are erased I have not ran a recovery program.    Is there any specific file I will be looking for to recover my bitcoin core?  Or my private key?
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
How much did you lose?

I am 90 percent sure it is gone.

But only 90 percent sure.

As I don't know if your files are really erased
My computer did a factory reset and erased my files including my bitcoin core.  Do I have to do data recovery through some company to get this back if possible?  Or is there another way to do this?  I didn't back up my private key. I have a desktop with a solid state drive. Thanks for help.
Pages:
Jump to: