Pages:
Author

Topic: Facts about mining Coins - page 2. (Read 254 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 28
February 07, 2020, 07:44:04 AM

My conclusion is if you don't want to go through all of this its better you switch to POS ( Proof of Stake) that won't cost you any energy and worries, its all about buying coins and staking them, no hassle at all, the higher the quantities of your coins the higher your reward
That is also a big problem for many miners. They always complain about the price of electricity and machinery, once it does not work well, it costs a lot to repair it. But PoS also has its drawbacks, it seems to be for the guys with more money. For example, if you give $ 10 and your brother spends $ 100 for staking, then your brother is likely to handle blocks and will receive a reward in front of you. because this is like a betting system and everything has its risks, PoS is really only for the rich. So please think carefully between the two methods. If we can choose a place to sell electricity cheaply, we should choose PoW, at least we can still control our profits.
Yes Proof of stake is all about more money but I can't compare its lower risk to Proof of work, POW has higher risks than POS, Cards can get burnt or died before you reach your return of investment, you have to be a tech savvy to setup your miners too
Activity: 1190
Merit: 305
Pro financial, medical liberty
February 07, 2020, 07:42:11 AM
Lol, are we revisiting 2014, some people are desperate. Private cloud servers are not a reliable, stable immutable data ledger.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 516
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
February 07, 2020, 07:39:55 AM
Individuals input to mining had not been profitable since last few months and this makes miners be more trade minded. Profit wont come from trading coin immediately and I believe the approaching Halving prompted miners to understand how rigorous it would get. Every one needs to know how to maximise the bullrun even as a miner. Keep enough fund for the next 4-5 years to cater for the bills. We will always have miners and they know how they profit now.
Activity: 798
Merit: 101
February 07, 2020, 07:12:52 AM
Both pos and pow have their own shortcomings and characteristics. POS allows centralized power monopoly, while POW results in wasted resources. However, both are still good. POS will not waste resources, POW will not suffer from these power concentration problems, and the two can be combined to produce more efficient algorithms. This keeps the cryptocurrency market moving forward.
Activity: 868
Merit: 251
HEX: Longer pays better
February 07, 2020, 06:51:44 AM

My conclusion is if you don't want to go through all of this its better you switch to POS ( Proof of Stake) that won't cost you any energy and worries, its all about buying coins and staking them, no hassle at all, the higher the quantities of your coins the higher your reward
That is also a big problem for many miners. They always complain about the price of electricity and machinery, once it does not work well, it costs a lot to repair it. But PoS also has its drawbacks, it seems to be for the guys with more money. For example, if you give $ 10 and your brother spends $ 100 for staking, then your brother is likely to handle blocks and will receive a reward in front of you. because this is like a betting system and everything has its risks, PoS is really only for the rich. So please think carefully between the two methods. If we can choose a place to sell electricity cheaply, we should choose PoW, at least we can still control our profits.
Activity: 2058
Merit: 761
To boldly go where no rabbit has gone before...
February 07, 2020, 06:22:26 AM

Your GPU can die on you at any time, it happened to me and I was able to fix some but not all, mostly this happens because of heat or failed GPU fans

This can easily be avoided by undervolting and improving cooling. Yes, not everyone has AC in the room where the miners are, but i've been able to keep my cards at 60c with fans at less than 50%, by just adding couple of cheap chineese fans on the frame.
Activity: 532
Merit: 41
February 07, 2020, 06:12:43 AM
While mining cryptocurrencies can be profitable on the long run there are few things that's making things very hard for miners

1. OBSOLETE
Back in the days when mining was still very profitable I used to have very good GPUs then, like AMD HD7970 6x and it was very fun mining Monero and making good profits within a week but now its impossible and all these cards are useless, I was forced to sell and move on, the fact is GPUs become obsolete faster than Asic miners

2. Cost of Electricity
Most profits from miners now are for electricity fees, I still have friends that mine ETH and by month ending 70% of his profits goes to electricity, he is able to even earn that 30% because he has multiple mining setups

3. Dead GPU
Your GPU can die on you at any time, it happened to me and I was able to fix some but not all, mostly this happens because of heat or failed GPU fans

Pages:
Jump to: