Pages:
Author

Topic: FairCryptocurrency Committee - FairLaunch Approval - Please Read - page 4. (Read 3879 times)

legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000
What about coins launched before FairCoin is established?

Any coins launched before these guidelines are finalized and available to those wishing to follow them will not be looked at. Any coins launched after FairCoin will only get FairCoin status at the request of the dev or the community. Other than that everyone is free to launch coins with whatever parameters they feel like, however we hope that serious devs will use FairCoin as a way to show the community that their coin is the one to be  supported.
legendary
Activity: 868
ADT developer
this is the biggest issue right now there will be hundreds of altcoins made in the next few days > https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/for-sale-due-to-lack-of-development-time-automatic-altcoin-generator-396991
legendary
So in order to help establish the first draft of guidelines, we should perhaps breakdown the cycle of an altcoin and what parameters should be followed.

Please feel free to copy and edit the following, as much input is required so we can get the first draft and vote on it.

This is what I would personally like to see, its not set in stone and is subject to change. Remember that everyone in the community has a say in this, we are trying to ensure our survival and fight back against the scumbag scamcoins that are sucking the life out of this place.

The first cycle is the code of the coin. Now we shouldn't care about the algorithm that will be used, but there are some things that should be looked at more closely to make sure that the dev isn't just trying to scam people by running a premine/instamine pump and dump.

In this age of mining, with so much hashing power available, there is NO reason why coins should be launched with such low diffs. So devs can do one of two things. They can either:

A) have a coin with low diff, but with no block rewards, low block rewards or a sliding scale of increasing block rewards until say "X" number of blocks are mined. After "X" is crossed than full block rewards are given. This is how Stablecoin was launched and it was very successful. By the time we hit full block rewards we had stable pools running and all miners were in full force hashing away.

or

B) start the coin with full block rewards and a high diff.

These two things prevents instamining by devs and insiders, plus takes away the advantage that solo miners have over pool miners.

The second cycle is the Pre-Launch. This is when a dev gets ready to launch the coin. If the dev would like FairCoin stamp of approval, the dev will need to ensure the following is in place BEFORE launching the coin:

1) Official [ANN] thread, which should include as much information about the coin as possible.
2) Information on how to solomine the coin. .conf file settings with ports
3) At least 1 pool, with pre-registration so that miners can get workers set up. The more pools the better.
4) Compiled windows and linux wallets. If devs are expected to code and fix coins, they should know how to compile wallets.
5) source code, so that we may scan and verify that it doesn't contain any trojans, keyloggers.

Premine:

If there is a premine, the dev should list the amount, and how the premine will be spent before hand. It seems like devs like to pull a percentage out of thin air, but never say how the premine will be spent. We don't expect to have the entire premine accounted for bounties and giveaways, but a portion of it should be allotted to things like block explorers, logos, giveaways, android wallets, pools, exchanges etc etc. Dev can keep some of the premine as compensation for setting up official websites, pools and for working on the coin. Some devs aren't miners and barely get donations so even good devs walk away from projects when its no longer economically viable for them.

I propose that a % cap limit should be established for premines. Say for example 3%. A portion of that should be put up for bounties and giveaways and the rest is up to the devs discretion. Some devs may need to use the premine to help pay with coding and getting stuff fixed. Some devs may decide to keep the rest of the premine for themselves.

a) a public ledger should be maintained by the dev team
b) failure to do so results in the coin losing its FairCoin status.

So whats in it for the devs/coins being launched using FairCoin guidelines?

Once a coin has FairCoin status, the dev can expect full support from FairCoin. The approval of FairCoin will ensure anyone involved in the devs project trusts the project to be legit and not a scam. In the future we can explore launching an actual FairCoin...umm...coin and use it as a source of funding to help other coins with FairCoin status. This can include compensating devs, promoting the coins to exchanges and the media, perhaps even starting our own exchange were only coins with FairCoin status will be traded.

Activity: 49
Merit: 0
So should we just refer to it as the FairCoin Committee?

FairCoin Commission also sounds good, but I should warn that the acronym is already in use.

legendary
I am completely in agreement with this idea!

I would like to volunteer Colbertcoin to be the first, or one of the first alts to be developed under the newly created Faircoin Foundation guidelines.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/null-398018

Lets get in touch this weekend.

It may be sometime before we get the first draft of guidelines established. I hope that you can be patient.
legendary
So should we just refer to it as the FairCoin Committee?

we can also refer to it as FairCoin Association, Union, Trust, Council, Commission, Group, or Board.
legendary
Activity: 1876
also like to add I am totally in disagreement with the term 'foundation' (cause it wouldn't be one) or 'watchdog' (its not a policing etc) for this committee.
legendary
Activity: 868
ADT developer
tokyoghetto about to send you a pm interesting concept
Activity: 42
Please! Establish a group / thread which can analyze / review new alt coins
Any alt coins released without the unique ID# issued by the review board should be mined with caution.

We really need to distinguish the shitcoins from the ones that devs are actually working and putting their effort into!

DONT MINE COINS THAT ARE MEANT TO BE PUMP & DUMP!
all it does it devalue the economy and cause promising alt coins to stay under the radar!!

PLEASE QUOTE AND BUMP THIS IF YOU AGREE!
Activity: 49
I am completely in agreement with this idea!

I would like to volunteer Colbertcoin to be the first, or one of the first alts to be developed under the newly created Faircoin Foundation guidelines.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/null-398018

Lets get in touch this weekend.

legendary

strength in numbers, if the numbers are wrong they wont make it to the exchange and will die out naturally I believe.

lol so you're saying no scamcoins have made it too exchanges? non with hiddden premines? pump n dump dev's? ....yeah sure  Roll Eyes
legendary
i believe your are trying to help people, and i can respect that, but it seem like you are trying to setup a crypto police,   the digital currency world is made of Crypto Anarchists, which rejects controls. a system like that is everything cryptos is against.

may i suggest you just start your own newsletter to inform instead of making a foundation.  just my opinion.

j

Well there already is crypto police on this forum, we'd all agree on the idealist stance if it wasn't for reality. Monies involved, so no policing here and every second download would be a wallet stealer.

My committee idea is not policing anyways, copy/paste 100% premines could still be pumped out to would be dev's heart content.
And again its not about protecting individuals from their own stupid mistakes, its about the survival of legit alts, and not being flooded and diluted with all these scamcoins.

and those anarchists are a minority in the crypto community now the get rich quick types have moved in.

Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
I think this is how the FDA was created - and we all know how well that has come along  Grin

So altcoins are just a bunch of snake oil? 

this is a more apt analogy than i first thought. 
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
I think this is how the FDA was created - and we all know how well that has come along  Grin

strength in numbers, if the numbers are wrong they wont make it to the exchange and will die out naturally I believe.
Activity: 420
Merit: 263
let's make a deal.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124
Invest in your knowledge
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
who watches the watchmen

j
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
i believe your are trying to help people, and i can respect that, but it seem like you are trying to setup a crypto police,   the digital currency world is made of Crypto Anarchists, which rejects controls. a system like that is everything cryptos is against.

I disagree, the idea of bit was to create a decentralized currency, that technical side of things has mostly been achieved, however having it endorsed by people as a "currency" is much more difficult.

We need some kind of organisation that will at least review the coins and put their stamp of approval on it - this is something commonly discussed among our social group here in Australia.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
i believe your are trying to help people, and i can respect that, but it seem like you are trying to setup a crypto police,   the digital currency world is made of Crypto Anarchists, which rejects controls. a system like that is everything cryptos is against.

may i suggest you just start your own newsletter to inform instead of making a foundation.  just my opinion.

j
legendary
some people may use this, some not. The goal isn't to force it down peoples throats. We can't stop people from doing what they want. But we can provide some guidance to people new to the game on what to look for. If the general public uses the guidelines then I hope that we are helpful. If every says that this is a bad idea and we should die horrible deaths then so be it, nothing of value will be lost.

Remember when Orbitcoin was listed on Cryptsy? Everyone and their grandma knew that Orbitcoin is a heavily pre-mined scam coin. Everyone protested in trollbox and it didn't even last a day on the exchange. Fast forward some time later. Cryptsy never allowed people to withdrawal their Orbit coins from when it was first listed. A few people bitched and Cryptsy listed Orbitcoin back on its exchanges.

So now you have a coin with a 4 year premine being traded on one of the biggest altcoin exchanges.

People are free to mine/trade whatever the hell they want. But perhaps we are all in this together and it wouldn't hurt to inform someone and say

"Hey BTW, ORB has 4 year premine, perhaps you should think twice before mining/trading something like that".  
Pages:
Jump to: