Pages:
Author

Topic: FAKE CHINESE NEWS, DO NOT SELL FROM FEAR, HODL TO THE MOON - page 2. (Read 1129 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Eventually after releasing this news I had the gut feeling that this is just more of a propaganda so that newbies or lets say the non veterens would panicked sell their bitcoins or holdings. This was never new in exchange business like stock market as well. Feud will be lit up and from there big tycoons will take the opportunity to surface and buy. Chaos indeed is not a pit, it is a ladder.
Activity: 11
Merit: 0
My plan is to HODL yes, it's just very frustrating seeing that I invested at the right time (as we were on a steady recovery after the $5k dip) from 4.6k up to 4.7k and then the chinese came along and starting chatting shit about ICO regulations (which I am aware does not include BTC, although many think it does hence the panic sell) and then just as we recover back to 4.6k testing 4.7k again they come out and start saying they're going to shut down all exchanges. It's just saddening to see the political class trying to manipulate the markets for their own gain, it's obvious they're just doing it to make people panic sell and then buy back in cheaper. Thankfully, the price seems to have stabilised now around the 4.3k mark, touchwood. I love the community of BTC and the passion of it's owners, as well as the fact the currency itself is not controlled by banks or centralised institutions. I want to sell out when I break even, wait for the next crash (which will happen) and then buy back in with more capital (around $10k). If Bitcoin doesn't crash again, there's plenty of altcoins for profit potential; so I think I'm doing a smart thing here, any comments?
Activity: 59
Merit: 10
My problem is I bought at $4.6k and was waiting for the price to break even again after the chinese announced the initial regulation, which was fair enough. Was just about to get there and then this happened so now I'm seriously considering just selling out and buying back in lower while risking a $500 loss but it's so damn difficult to decide.

You haven't lost a cent unless you sell. Keep calm and hodl.

What was your initial plan with the purchase? If your plan was to HODL for a long time then you shouldn't sell off based on rumours.

But of course, you also have to understand that cryptocurrencys are extremely volatile. Can you take a loss? If so, then keep it until the price recovers, which it always will, especially with Bitcoin
Activity: 882
Merit: 500
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
My problem is I bought at $4.6k and was waiting for the price to break even again after the chinese announced the initial regulation, which was fair enough. Was just about to get there and then this happened so now I'm seriously considering just selling out and buying back in lower while risking a $500 loss but it's so damn difficult to decide.

The old rule of Bitcoin is that if you have one Bitcoin then you have one Bitcoin. Even if the price of a single Bitcoin is worth $323,244.00 you would still have One Bitcoin, the same would go if a single Bitcoin was worth $0.01.
Selling the coin right now would just be falling into the rich people’s trap and they know that they can only get a few people to do what they say. Bitcoin is not going to be finished because of the recent news of China making rules and whatever people are saying that they are doing. Storing the coin is the smart thing to do right now.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101

Activity: 11
Merit: 0
Activity: 518
Merit: 103
Thank you for thus clarification, i've been reading the other threads, i think the hinese are just making a scare to cause panic for bitcoiners, we all knkw that media can influence a lot of people since they are available all around, but this type of news is what they want, thus can cause controversy and a lot will read it, and that' s how they earn, if only they could be honest about what they are feeding the masses. As for us, who are not in china, if they sold their bitcoins,it only means we can buy it cheap. We really need to make a sound research whenever news like this starts fire.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
FUD is everywhere anytime so I would say willing seller and willing buyer Smiley

I was still wondering what caused the mini crash today earlier on. This is still nothing as compared to 2-3 months back!
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
People should sell their Segwit coins anyway. This bubble is popping. Buy Bitcoin Cash.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1006
Chinese are known for creating fud just after a good bull trend on whole crypto market and most of the time they also got success like today.
Crypto market is full of panic sellers and the one who is quite wise will just keep on making profit from every dip in price.
Pages:
Jump to: