Pages:
Author

Topic: Fake coingecko site please beware! - page 2. (Read 252 times)

Activity: 1526
Merit: 737
December 02, 2022, 07:43:47 PM
Great find. As the above poster already mentioned, a few weeks ago there were similar instances with Coinmarketcap clones. How did you stumble across this website though? The last time, the fake CMC websites used to pop up in the paid advertising section of Google. Is it a similar case with Coingecko? I can't recreate it, no matter how many times I try. Fortunately, it seems easy enough to spot: the domain is invalid, and there aren't many reasons why you would possibly want to connect your wallet to a website such as Coinmarketcap or Coingecko.
Activity: 826
Merit: 583
December 02, 2022, 06:37:27 PM
I think this is the same as what happened to CMC. Previously there was also a thread discussing fake CMC Beware of fake Coinmarketcap! . we can report it. and the ad will be removed by google. but it will still make the site's fake ads appear again and keep creating new ones.
because this has happened before, I hope no more people get stuck with fake sites like this.
copper member
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1777
฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.
December 02, 2022, 06:12:44 PM
It should be in scam accusations, not reputation board. Please move the topic there.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 650
Always Act Smart and Play Safe With Your Funds
December 02, 2022, 06:06:18 PM
Hello mates
I don't know if actually this post has been already shared but please pardon me if already shared.
Just some minutes ago I said of checking some token on coingecko since those token was delisted from CMC and I decided to enter coingecko site with my phone browser and immediately searched and clicked what I saw was a request to connect my wallet.

Please beware of such site and also please do not rush to click on anything you seems too familiar with without proper check of the site you want to visit.
Below image show it all.

Fake site link here
https://couingecko.click/connect/

Please do note feel too familiar with the sites you often visit because it's the easiest way to hack into you since they knows you often visit the site and you won't care to check it out before hitting the enter key.
Pages:
Jump to: