Pages:
Author

Topic: Fake website - page 4. (Read 511 times)

legendary
Activity: 2030
Merit: 2174
Professional Community manager
May 11, 2024, 01:22:12 AM
Bitcoin investment has been so good to people, but to some they got scammed because they invest in a wrong platform,
If by 'invest' you mean websites where you send some money and they hold your Bitcoin for you with a interest of a certain percent at certain periods, someone starting out should not be doing this. I don't even recommend it for anyone at all too because you're investing through a third party.
The only platform you need is where you can buy Bitcoin and where you can store your bitcoins.

My question is that how can someone dictate a fake website? because is getting too much, is there anyway the comonas need to know things like this if there is any.
• Bookmark important websites so you don't have to always type them out,
• Verify the details of the website on who.is
• Fake websites usually change a letter or the TLD, for example the original in bitcointalk.org, a scammer will create a clone with .com instead, hoping someone will mistakenly type that out.
• Don't follow random links to locate important websites.
legendary
Activity: 2044
Merit: 1018
Not your keys, not your coins!
May 10, 2024, 11:59:00 PM
Bitcoin investment has been so good to people, but to some they got scammed because they invest in a wrong platform, and now with the way things are going scammer are alway busy creating fake website to scam people

My question is that how can someone dictate a fake website? because is getting too much, is there anyway the comonas need to know things like this if there is any.
They don't invest in a platform but invest on wrong platform, a phishing site. They invest their money in Bitcoin or altcoins, not in any centralized exchange platform. However, if they use a phishing site of a centralized exchange, deposit money on it, they will lose what they deposit.

The problem starts with how did they know about that phishing site.

Did they know about it through their friends?
If so, their friends are either scammers, part of that phishing site scam team, or your friends were scammed too.

The recommendation is "Don't trust, verify"
We all can start with big websites in cryptocurrency market like Coinmarketcap.com, Coingecko.com and find information of cryptocurrency exchanges or projects.
brand new
Activity: 0
Merit: 0
May 10, 2024, 11:17:39 PM
Bitcoin investment has been so good to people, but to some they got scammed because they invest in a wrong platform, and now with the way things are going scammer are alway busy creating fake website to scam people

Pages:
Jump to: